1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All in all, SSC are the only winners here.

tumblr_nn4x0lZuDf1qhc9d1o4_500.gif

I would buy Greedo and Momaw at $215.

You could have saved yourself $70 and bought this never-opened EX Momaw for $145 a month and a half ago...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIDESHOW-S...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

A bit like the IG-88 I mentioned for $235 that sold around the same time.

It is interesting what people say about the dreaded "scalper" prices on eBay - there's not many items you can't get for much, much less than the "cursory glance at eBay prices" if you are patient.

You could have saved yourself $70 and bought this never-opened EX Momaw for $145 a month and a half ago...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIDESHOW-S...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

A bit like the IG-88 I mentioned for $235 that sold around the same time.

It is interesting what people say about the dreaded "scalper" prices on eBay - there's not many items you can't get for much, much less than the "cursory glance at eBay prices" if you are patient.

95.7% feedback and is shipping from Cali, I wouldn't buy that. The others sold for $300, one for $225.

Greedo goes for more.

So, yeah, I would buy a Greedo and Momaw for $215 :lol

I have gotten a lot of good deals on eBay for SSC Star Wars though.

Partly the problem is that maybe it was the price the first time around (which was a good $30-40 higher than the average then,) but IG-88 was a pretty slow seller for SSC, and pretty much everyone (Sideshow included) had a ton of Medicom 4-LOM's sitting around - for years.

I remember about a year ago passing on a new Medi 4-LOM for $65 (I had heard about "amazing deals" of "only" $100 before that) - something like 1/3 original retail. So you can't imagine the popcultchas and bbts's of the world would be exactly looking forward to more.

Just thought I'd post here since there's been lots of discussion here regarding the re-releases. Out of curiosity I emailed SS about the e-web rerelease and they stated that they never released the 2,000 initially so this second release is exactly the same and is still part of that initial 2,000 edition size.

I still don't know why they didn't just do the same type of thing with the probe droid since that didn't have an edition attached to it and of all the re-releases it was closer to just a second batch given the short time frame between selling out and rereleasing. Removing the snow base just seemed really odd with that one.

Just thought I'd post here since there's been lots of discussion here regarding the re-releases. Out of curiosity I emailed SS about the e-web rerelease and they stated that they never released the 2,000 initially so this second release is exactly the same and is still part of that initial 2,000 edition size.

I still don't know why they didn't just do the same type of thing with the probe droid since that didn't have an edition attached to it and of all the re-releases it was closer to just a second batch given the short time frame between selling out and rereleasing. Removing the snow base just seemed really odd with that one.

Wow. What a weird piece of news.

Wow. What a weird piece of news.

Especially weird, considering if it was part of the original production run, why did the price go up $10? And why does it have a different SKU and UPC? Why make a new product page at all?

I'd take everything an SSC CS rep says with a grain of salt, but I have to believe that's just lip service to make it seem like it's not a re-release and that the original edition size is still intact.

Can they not raise the price of a product without making a new page?

Here's the wording. Taking them at their word it sounds like they kept the molds and the costs have gone up a bit.

"Please know that the Star Wars E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster that is up for pre-order on our website is the exact same that was once on pre-order before. It is still part of the 2000 edition size, we just didn't make or sell all 2000 pieces so we did re-produced the rest of the edition size."

Can they not raise the price of a product without making a new page?

Here's the wording. Taking them at their word it sounds like they kept the molds and the costs have gone up a bit.

"Please know that the Star Wars E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster that is up for pre-order on our website is the exact same that was once on pre-order before. It is still part of the 2000 edition size, we just didn't make or sell all 2000 pieces so we did re-produced the rest of the edition size."

What a crystal clear, opaque statement.:lol

"re-produced the rest of the edition size":dunno

"we just didn't make or sell all 2000 pieces":dunno

So... you didn't sell all of the first lot, so... you make more and re-release it at a higher price?

Yeah, it's unfortunate the English is bungled at the end there. It doesn't help clarify the issue. It sounds like they anticipated producing 2,000 pieces, but sales were softer than anticipated so just gave the factory an order for 1,000. I just don't understand why mark it as 'Sold Out', only to produce the rest of the edition size later. Especially when some of the more recent figures are more of an "open edition", where they are produced in batches.

I guess technically it's a new production run which has different costs, so that may explain why it has a new SKU and UPC, as it's coming in as a "new" item.

Back