1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't Sideshow be the one shipping to retailers?

Yes. So if SS has them now they ship them out this week to retailers and they have to get them and ship them out to their customers next week. So your looking at mid-Feb (15th/16) give or take a few days either way. :dunno

Now we know what the exclusive item was all about...

22096174.png

So have all the 750 exclusive editions been taken? I haven't ordered the regular edition yet as I'm on the wait list. But I have a feeling my chances are nil.

Probably does, so what? :dunno

So if the figures are in stock at Sideshow, and Sideshow sends them to the retailers, then aren't they already in the states? My point is that no one is going to have to wait until after the CNY celebrations to get their figure.

Or, do the retailers' figures come on a different boat or something? :huh

So if the figures are in stock at Sideshow, and Sideshow sends them to the retailers, then aren't they already in the states? My point is that no one is going to have to wait until after the CNY celebrations to get their figure.

Or, do the retailers' figures come on a different boat or something? :huh

The Chinese year "4710" began on Jan. 23, 2012, it's already over. But it probably interrupted the shipment of the regular IG-88's. They got the exclusives out first. The regulars should arrive at people's door the next 2 weeks from online retailers. Don't even ask why we say it's 2012 and the chinese say it's 4710. :nono:thud:

The Chinese only say it is 4710 in relation to their New Year Celebrations, that aside they adhere to the same calendar we do. The reason the calendars are different should be obvious, given that Christianity was not well known or established in that part of the world til well after the Gregorian calendar was widely accepted over the rest of Europe.

The Chinese only say it is 4710 in relation to their New Year Celebrations, that aside they adhere to the same calendar we do.

For now, but things change and thats why they keep it around. They'd like it to be 4710, and will push for change over time as they gain more power. :lecture

For now, but things change and thats why they keep it around. They'd like it to be 4710, and will push for change over time as they gain more power. :lecture

I doubt that, more apt to call it heritage, legacy or just tradition. No need to be so frightened of other cultures.

In this instance, where does the educated emoticon come in?

I doubt that, more apt to call it heritage, legacy or just tradition. No need to be so frightened of other cultures.

In this instance, where does the educated emoticon come in?

I'm not frightened of other cultures, I'm Irish and my wife is Japanese. :dunno It's just that when you look at the weakness of Western Europe financially and the US there could be a power shift from west to east. I'm not saying it's bad or good, it just is what it is.

I'm not frightened of other cultures, I'm Irish and my wife is Japanese. :dunno It's just that when you look at the weakness of Western Europe financially and the US there could be a power shift from west to east. I'm not saying it's bad or good, it just is what it is.

My wife is from Hong Kong, so, similar neighborhood so to speak.

I agree that there is an inevitable power shift going on, with China in the drivers seat. Global domination today is all about finances. China will be quite happy to keep the world the way it is, as long as they get all the money they can. Things have changed drastically, wars are a waste of time and resources, why spill blood when people will willingly give you their money. Why would you rock the boat when we are their best customers?

One thing China has learned to do well is to win the games started by other players. Nobody can compete with them in the manufacturing side, but I am sure a couple hundred years from now there will be another power shift, as their people grow soft and accustomed to an easy life with high wages, just as we have.

Back