1/6th Scale General Grievous Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it is going to be a long wait. And considering that the tag in front of Grievous says 'Prototype' and doesn't even have a target date means we probably won't have this until 2nd quarter 2012 at the soonest. That's what Boba's tag says and he's not as complex as Grievous is to put together.

Yes, it is going to be a long wait. And considering that the tag in front of Grievous says 'Prototype' and doesn't even have a target date means we probably won't have this until 2nd quarter 2012 at the soonest. That's what Boba's tag says and he's not as complex as Grievous is to put together.

Almost makes me wish I didn't know about some of these figures yet.

Well people at the show have reported that Sideshow is still working out some of the construction and articulation on him so yeah, he's not going to be anytime soon. I'm glad they put him up at the show though, he's a figure I've really been wanting all along in this line and it's nice to just see, yes indeed, he's coming, no just words that he's being worked on, like Dooku, but an actual figure to know it's coming, even if a bit of a wait, plus the relief of knowing he's done so well.

Price said:
1239883733_Angry_Video_Game_Nerd.gif

Product paint better be at the level of the prototype or it's just a robbery.

I talked to one of the Sideshow reps at the party. He said there is a magnet in his hand to hold the lightsaber and also has articulation the the fingers to close them.

That's cool to hear... I was wondering how the hands would work. Sounds like they are going all out on this one :rock

Grievous was one of the many knock outs for me personally at the con this year...

just to get this straight... how are the photographs taken without the glass? is this possible on wednesday when they are setting up?

Just to clarify this earlier post, if you are press and schedule with Sideshow, they allow many press people to snap photos of the stuff without the glass on Wednesday before the preview night folks are let in. I had a press pass as well as an exhibitor badge with Gentle Giant when I went two years ago and I had a without glass session scheduled with Sideshow.

Well people at the show have reported that Sideshow is still working out some of the construction and articulation on him so yeah, he's not going to be anytime soon. I'm glad they put him up at the show though, he's a figure I've really been wanting all along in this line and it's nice to just see, yes indeed, he's coming, no just words that he's being worked on, like Dooku, but an actual figure to know it's coming, even if a bit of a wait, plus the relief of knowing he's done so well.

Agreed, I'm glad they decided to reveal him at SDCC as well. They mentioned in a Q&A that they would reveal him at SDCC or shortly thereafter so glad we got to see him.

I don't have a problem with the wait from a financial standpoint either since it'll give me more time to save. Plus, it's a piece they have to get right in production so I'm willing to wait as long as it takes.

Still curious when it'll go up for PO though.

Looking forward to the release! I have the Kotobukiya Grievous, but this one will be that much more detailed.

Just to clarify this earlier post, if you are press and schedule with Sideshow, they allow many press people to snap photos of the stuff without the glass on Wednesday before the preview night folks are let in. I had a press pass as well as an exhibitor badge with Gentle Giant when I went two years ago and I had a without glass session scheduled with Sideshow.

thanks for the info!

He's gonna be large. He was rather large looking at the Con and what they had there was basically a statue glued together as they fine tune the joints.

nice that they took the time to reveal the proto... it was a good show for the Star Wars 1:6 fan. this time next year, i am hoping it will be all about probe droids, snow troopers, tusken raiders and land speeders.

Back