1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good luck last time i acquired about a cast of a sideshow piece i got scorched for wanting to create and sell knockoff sideshow casts, i was looking to see if anyone was willing to part with or sell their snow base for the probe droid as ihave a huge ESB and ROTJ setup and althou I have version one i purchased it second hand and it was without the snow base, all i wanted was to either purchase/trade for the base or see if someone was silling to lend for me to (re-create) if you will , for my personal use..so again goodluck to you...

I'm trying to do a Dewback bust for my Jabba's palace dio. Does anyone know if someone ever did a cast of just the Sideshow Dewback head that I could buy?

It was inspired by the guy who sculpted the Dewback head in 1976 who actually turned it into a "trophy" head mounted to his wall for decades.

I never noticed that. I did spot the Ton-Ton head though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he meant that the sculptor had a dewback bust in his own home, not Jabba's palace in ROTJ. As far as I know the film featured a mounted tauntaun head but not a dewback.

Bantha-Head.jpg

Rancor-Head.jpg

good luck last time i acquired about a cast of a sideshow piece i got scorched for wanting to create and sell knockoff sideshow casts, i was looking to see if anyone was willing to part with or sell their snow base for the probe droid as ihave a huge ESB and ROTJ setup and althou I have version one i purchased it second hand and it was without the snow base, all i wanted was to either purchase/trade for the base or see if someone was silling to lend for me to (re-create) if you will , for my personal use..so again goodluck to you...

I'm not replicating the piece or even an otherwise usable or saleable piece (such as recasting a weapon, or like the Hoth "cap" for the Probot base, that others might want to buy) though - I'm just wanting a section of it. I just think it would be a fun trophy head like the sculptor did.

I never noticed that. I did spot the Ton-Ton head though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he meant that the sculptor had a dewback bust in his own home, not Jabba's palace in ROTJ. As far as I know the film featured a mounted tauntaun head but not a dewback.

Yeah sorry, to clarify there are just Jerba and Dewback heads mounted up in Jabba's Palace. I'm wanting to do the Dewback head as a trophy gag as part of that - the sculptor of the actual Dewback head had it up as a "trophy" in his house in the real world.

My guess is they probably would have used the Dewback head for the palace if they had it (it's far more famous/known than the Jerba, which most don't even know what it looks like) and I can't help but wonder if a ROTJ set designer suggested the wall trophies in Jabba's palace after seeing the Dewback up in the sculptor's house.

Yeah sorry, to clarify there are just Jerba and Dewback heads mounted up in Jabba's Palace. I'm wanting to do the Dewback head as a trophy gag as part of that - the sculptor of the actual Dewback head had it up as a "trophy" in his house in the real world.

My guess is they probably would have used the Dewback head for the palace if they had it (it's far more famous/known than the Jerba, which most don't even know what it looks like) and I can't help but wonder if a ROTJ set designer suggested the wall trophies in Jabba's palace after seeing the Dewback up in the sculptor's house.
Good god! I hadn't a clue what a Jerba was until you wrote this post! After being a Star Wars fanatic since '83..I can't believe I was unaware of such a large species fully sceen in A New Hope. With all the reference books I have, I have no recollection of that species ever being talked about or shown. This is freakin' crazy man. They totally blend in with the background in the movie. I do recall there being another trophy head in Jabba's throne room (besides the Taun-Taun), but never gave it much thought. Thank you for enlightening me.

Good god! I hadn't a clue what a Jerba was until you wrote this post! After being a Star Wars fanatic since '83..I can't believe I was unaware of such a large species fully sceen in A New Hope. With all the reference books I have, I have no recollection of that species ever being talked about or shown. This is freakin' crazy man. They totally blend in with the background in the movie. I do recall there being another trophy head in Jabba's throne room (besides the Taun-Taun), but never gave it much thought. Thank you for enlightening me.

You haven't missed much... they look like a huge rat head on a yak's body. I mean as abrupt and unsubtle as that. Possibly the most unconvincing creature ever created for a film.:lol

As with pretty much every single character, actor or object from the filming of the OT, there are actually pics of Carrie Fisher lolling around on a Jerba with that "super happy" look she has in all the bts pics. She must have just been having a LOT of fun filming every day. Or a lot of something.

I was aware of them very early because the book "Skywalking" has a picture of GL and his wife standing next to the one that's just outside the Cantina.

You haven't missed much... they look like a huge rat head on a yak's body. I mean as abrupt and unsubtle as that. Possibly the most unconvincing creature ever created for a film.:lol

As with pretty much every single character, actor or object from the filming of the OT, there are actually pics of Carrie Fisher lolling around on a Jerba with that "super happy" look she has in all the bts pics. She must have just been having a LOT of fun filming every day. Or a lot of something.

I was aware of them very early because the book "Skywalking" has a picture of GL and his wife standing next to the one that's just outside the Cantina.
Yes....they are quite undesirable lol. When I look them up, I was underwhelmed to say the least. Like, oh those wouldn't have made good toys at all! Those armless dinosaur things from Episode 1 were cooler looking😂.

And yeah, saw the pick with George in it and that one where Carrie was having way too much fun all coked up. But like you mentioned, that pretty much describes all her promo pics back then lol.

Here are a couple pictures I found online of what you were talking about.
Jerba.jpg
jerbawithlucases.jpg
CARRIEANDDJERBA.jpg

I don't care that they look like weird Shetland ponie/cow/pig/rats..Hasbro should make one. Surely there has to be, like what, 25 people that'd buy a Jerba lol.

Finally jumped on this magnificent beast and at a decent price too.:yess:
Prior to shipping of course :pfft:
Received in excellent condition, where i was extremely worried of any damage. It felt like a brand new unboxing as all the styrofoam almost seemed untouched. Especially when repacking the ridiculously heavy base and lizard, tearing some thin packing sheets and denting a bit of the edges of foam.
The pose, muscle structure and overall detail in design were done so damn well and something i never noticed HOW well till up close. Such an AMAZING piece!

web1.jpg

web2.jpg

web3.jpg

web5.jpg

web6.jpg

Congratulations D.R.37! Great gallery of shots there.

I absolutely LOVE this piece. It is one of my all-time favorites in my collection.

DEWBACK-01.jpg

One of these days I'll get it out to the desert for some shots.

It is really impressive in person and still stands up well with today's figures. Awesome add to your collection!

Great find. I envy you, it really does look great.

Absolutely beautiful. Congrats on the pick-up. :clap

:duff

Congratulations D.R.37! Great gallery of shots there.

I absolutely LOVE this piece. It is one of my all-time favorites in my collection.

View attachment 456785

One of these days I'll get it out to the desert for some shots.

It is really impressive in person and still stands up well with today's figures. Awesome add to your collection!

“Most Impressive”... I was stunned when I opened the box.
I can’t imagine taking this out into the wild but I’ve seen some great photography of it set up with a bunch of troopers. I look forward to see what you come up with!
I truly admire all those outdoor shots you and others create. I’ll just live vicariously through those images and keep my collectibles inside ;)

Back