1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the Hot Toys Sandtrooper capable of riding the Dewback articulation wise? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these beasts finally.

I don’t know how the articulation on the SS Sandie is but on the HT figure you have to futz the armor a bunch to get him seated properly. It depends on how much you want him in a natural crouched position. He can ride it straight-legged if you wanted but that wouldn’t look right. In the images I posted before he’s pretty much cranked as far as I could get him.

I don't know where to find these anymore other than eBay, they have been all over the place as far as price over the last yr and a half, some selling as cheap as $600 and other selling for $1500, one on there now for $1350 but its new in box never been opened and for that it might be worth it, to be the first to open it, i remeber getting a tuantaun at a great price aboiut 6 months ago and it had never been opened, it was sealed untouched by human hands i was the fist to remove the foil seal.

This is one piece now that i have the tuan taun and Jabba that is a must-have for my collection but they never come up for sale, althou if your looking for one in europe the gentleman selling on ebay is from France I believe. 1350 is a bit more than what i want to pay, but is literally one of the last pieces i need aside from figures not yet released.

I don’t know how the articulation on the SS Sandie is but on the HT figure you have to futz the armor a bunch to get him seated properly. It depends on how much you want him in a natural crouched position. He can ride it straight-legged if you wanted but that wouldn’t look right. In the images I posted before he’s pretty much cranked as far as I could get him.

Thanks. Just judging from photos the Dewback is so wide that I was afraid the Hot Toys Sandie would kind of hover above the saddle.

After testing articulation on the Hot Toys Sandie I am a little concerned that the black undersuit and or body beneath the armor could be damaged if stretched far enough to sit flush on the Dewback.

Congrats on the Dewback btw! I must have missed the thread when it was last bumped. What a fantastic Star Wars display it makes!

[...]its new in box never been opened and for that it might be worth it, to be the first to open it,[...]

Pieces like that especially -- not a good scenario. Too much of a gamble in case it's damaged or has QC issues. Much prefer opened and inspected.

Nice!

Thanks. Just judging from photos the Dewback is so wide that I was afraid the Hot Toys Sandie would kind of hover above the saddle.

After testing articulation on the Hot Toys Sandie I am a little concerned that the black undersuit and or body beneath the armor could be damaged if stretched far enough to sit flush on the Dewback.

Congrats on the Dewback btw! I must have missed the thread when it was last bumped. What a fantastic Star Wars display it makes!

Not sure how long the black under garment will last in that rider pose. I suppose it won’t last forever considering there is some stress on the crotch area.

Thanks. It’s tied for my favorite piece with hthe new Jabba :)

Pieces like that especially -- not a good scenario. Too much of a gamble in case it's damaged or has QC issues. Much prefer opened and inspected.

I agree... I’ll ask sellers, especially with sealed figures, even a couple years old, to inspect/send images and most won’t. Maybe they think it’s worth more sealed (I guess?). Many could deteriorate (old plastics leak) plus you never really know the QC issues, as mentioned, or it’s past storage conditions.

[...]I agree... I’ll ask sellers, especially with sealed figures, even a couple years old, to inspect/send images and most won’t. Maybe they think it’s worth more sealed (I guess?). Many could deteriorate (old plastics leak) plus you never really know the QC issues, as mentioned, or it’s past storage conditions.

Makes no sense to me. Even when I've had MISB pieces for sale, I crack them open for a thorough inspection. Saves the headache of getting returns or complaints down the line. It's not like they're worth *that* much more MISB, if at all.

A lot of people will pay a premium for new sealed in box. But it would make for a very uncomfortable situation if there was a bad defect once opened as nobody is really at fault. Ebay would side with the buyer if it came to that in a dispute even if the seller put out a disclaimer which I personally feel is wrong.

I do feel that a collectible displayed in optimal conditions is safer in the long term than if sealed in a plastic or styrofoam tomb for years. Personally I usually buy opened items from sellers with a history of excellent feedback.

I desperately want a cast of (just) the SSC Dewback head for my Jabba's throne room wall (along with Tauntaun) - I'll pay $$$ if anyone wants to do it.:pray:

Makes no sense to me. Even when I've had MISB pieces for sale, I crack them open for a thorough inspection. Saves the headache of getting returns or complaints down the line. It's not like they're worth *that* much more MISB, if at all.

I inspect them all even if they’re gonna sit in storage for a while or if there’s the slightest chance I lose interest and decide to sell it off later. I made the mistake of getting a sealed 3A figure that was long sold out, maybe 5-6 yrs “sealed”. When I freed him from the packaging paint came of the head sculpt and parts were still wet. But then again that’s 3A and their oil based materials. Never again will I buy a MISB collectible without it being checked out.

I do feel that a collectible displayed in optimal conditions is safer in the long term than if sealed in a plastic or styrofoam tomb for years. Personally I usually buy opened items from sellers with a history of excellent feedback.

True... Much better than them suffocating in their styro/plastic prison :)

I desperately want a cast of (just) the SSC Dewback head for my Jabba's throne room wall (along with Tauntaun) - I'll pay $$$ if anyone wants to do it.:pray:

That’s an awesome idea. I don’t think I’d be able to attempt that since I have zero to no casting skills and would risk any damage, plus he’s in storage until I can get a sometime to revamp my whole display.

Yeah, I saw that. Just my luck - someone casts the Taun head I don't need, but no luck on the Dewback I want. I'm hoping if I slip someone $100-150 bucks maybe they'll cast the head for me. Myabe I'll message that guy who cast the Taun head to see if he has the Dewback.
A guy I follow on Facebook is 3D printing one. I'm sure it could be scaled up to 1/6.
69f9da628bf64b94a94ab6689b1e0998.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

A guy I follow on Facebook is 3D printing one. I'm sure it could be scaled up to 1/6.
69f9da628bf64b94a94ab6689b1e0998.jpg

Wow, awesome find. Thanks for that. What's the guy's name?

Even though I'm willing to pay a high amount for someone to cast the SSC head, it's still going to be super tough to arrange it, and that 3D sculpt looks close to the quality of the SSC version. I like that it has a bit of a 1977 Dewback look. It's unfortunate that Hasbro never went for that look - they've done a SE Dewback plus a design that was revised later, never the 1977 version.

Wow, awesome find. Thanks for that. What's the guy's name?

Even though I'm willing to pay a high amount for someone to cast the SSC head, it's still going to be super tough to arrange it, and that 3D sculpt looks close to the quality of the SSC version. I like that it has a bit of a 1977 Dewback look. It's unfortunate that Hasbro never went for that look - they've done a SE Dewback plus a design that was revised later, never the 1977 version.
No worries at all glad. Just glad to help out. He's been working on the Dewback for a while now.
His name is Joshua Knuth.
He makes custom designed, Props, Cosplay Armour and helmets and stuff like that. Hit him up, he might be able to help you out.

Back