1/6th Scale Dewback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice that I should definitely change the Tusken's left hand too. For obvious (to me anyway) reasons. :slap

LOL! Looks like he's getting ready to knock one out. :lol

Awesome display. I've always been partial to all things Tatooine. It's my favorite world/theme in the Star Wars universe.

I'm still waiting for the day when someone makes a good 1/6 Landspeeder.

No time for a tripod unfortunately, and that's the only way to grab a decent photo of the shelf. Though I suppose I could have opened the shutter to let more light into the room. In-progress, missing a couple of figures, background, back lighting and obviously need to hide the wires still.

I'll probably also make some fake sand dunes to alter figure vertical positioning and attempt to hide the stands - which are unfortunately necessary for these guys using their stock bodies.

Did I position the staff the correct way up/forward? ;)

Can't believe they made a Dewback, and in the classic Star wars look. What an awesome piece. I guess it must weigh a ton if all polystone though. Hasbro's was a pretty dismal effort, and modeled on the SE Dewback.

And the Sandperson's left arm seems to suggest the doll's arms are a bit short and hands a bit small in relation to the body.

No time for a tripod unfortunately, and that's the only way to grab a decent photo of the shelf. Though I suppose I could have opened the shutter to let more light into the room. In-progress, missing a couple of figures, background, back lighting and obviously need to hide the wires still.

I'll probably also make some fake sand dunes to alter figure vertical positioning and attempt to hide the stands - which are unfortunately necessary for these guys using their stock bodies.

Did I position the staff the correct way up/forward? ;)

Great start to your Tatooine set up. Both ends of the garerffii are weapons so, technically, yes. :lol

Have you considered using a clear stand so they're less noticeable? Like a Medicom/Medi knockoff or clear Obitsu Dollfie stand.

Can't believe they made a Dewback, and in the classic Star wars look. What an awesome piece. I guess it must weigh a ton if all polystone though. Hasbro's was a pretty dismal effort, and modeled on the SE Dewback.

And the Sandperson's left arm seems to suggest the doll's arms are a bit short and hands a bit small in relation to the body.

It doesn't weight that much as it's pretty much hollow. An awesome display piece nonetheless.

While drooling over all the fantastic setups I see here, haven't got the space to display mine yet.

Hope nothing deteriorated while it's in the box.:lol

This is my set-up. Background is the one Pixelpiper made available to download :)

DAN_3592.jpg

That's a definite yes on both. But there's an additional problem with the Sideshow body and that's the shoulder joint doesn't seem to move upward enough, which means the arms look even shorter if you lift them above the head. That classic over the head Tusken Raider pose looks absolutely laughable on the stock body.

Someday I may do a body swap and switch the hands over to Hot Toy's Indiana Jones gloves.

Click on my showroom thread (in my signature) and the link to background is at the top of the first post.

Do you know what your serial number is? The eye on yours looks just like mine, with much less (or no) shading around it compared to some other examples.

784/2500. I do notice there is some shading around the eyes when up close. However, in certain pics some Dewbacks seem to have more shading rounds the eyes then the one I own. Could be lighting/picture distortion.

Could be lighting/picture distortion.

Could definitely be on some photos, but I've seen some petty flat ones in the past where there was a definite brown paint application around the eye that is not present on my figure. I've tried to apply shadows by moving lights around and just can't replicate it, so I'm quite positive it's paint.

At this point it seems more luck of the draw than serial number based.

Could definitely be on some photos, but I've seen some petty flat ones in the past where there was a definite brown paint application around the eye that is not present on my figure. I've tried to apply shadows by moving lights around and just can't replicate it, so I'm quite positive it's paint.

At this point it seems more luck of the draw than serial number based.

The numbered bases are probably coming off a different conveyor belt and bear little relation to the order the Dewback they get paired with was finished so you're probably right.

I just started out not too long ago, but out of all my statues (1/4 and all), this one is everyone's favorite when they stop by my apartment to visit. Who needs Dinosauria when you have the Dewback and a cool Sand Trooper to ride on top of him? I'm kidding around, the D-Line is awesome! I feel very fortunate to get a hold of this before Sideshow decided to sell out of him. I can't say the same for the Deluxe Sand Trooper. Had to get him after he was long sold out. Wish I had more to go with, but man those Sandies are a fortune. He was worth it, though...The Dewback needs him.

Since Sideshow is doing more and more variant runs as of late, does anyone think they'll do a variant of this? I bet they do. Especially around the time the new movies hit theaters. All they'd have to do is sculpt the Dewbie's head in a different direction with maybe his mouth open this time. Love everyone's pics of theirs. Anyway, I thought I'd share a few pics of mine...

Hi i sell my dewback, new never open included brown box. Let me know if someone want it. Need to calculate shipping price. Thanks

Back