1/6 Zombie Custom Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and I thought the nose was good! Now you're saying it looks "rotten

I am just saying that since its a zombie if you wanted you or the buyer can do some carving on the nose and make it look rotten or hollow it out ...

By the way.. if you want to fix small airubbles in your castings just rub some elmers wood putty into the airbubbles.. rubs right in then dries and you paint right over it.. will fix most average airbubbles. Cleans up with damp paper towel..washes right off of your fingers..I use a small screw driver or my finger to put it in the holes..

you can buy a tube of it for $2.50 and the cap goes back on so it would dry out.. a tube will last along time..

Also use Baby powder to coat the mold before pouring in the resin and gently tap the mold after you pour , Baby powder on the surface helps reduce the surface friction so the bubbles do not stick , you just need a light dusting , and make sure to remove the excess powder before pouring .

Good idea for eyes, is to either make some small BB sized balls and bake them and use them in the sculpt; that way you can sculpt over/around them (eyelids, etc) with the softer material and not damage the roundness of the eyes.

Or if you have a few $$$ buy some airsoft pellets... they're a perfect size for 1/6.

Good idea for eyes, is to either make some small BB sized balls and bake them and use them in the sculpt; that way you can sculpt over/around them (eyelids, etc) with the softer material and not damage the roundness of the eyes.

Or if you have a few $$$ buy some airsoft pellets... they're a perfect size for 1/6.

6mm airsoft BBs are a bit too big for 1:6 eyes (scaled they're about the same as a 1:6 cow eye). I'd suggest using standard 1.77bbs (the copper kind) that you get with the standard BB guns.

6mm airsoft BBs are a bit too big for 1:6 eyes (scaled they're about the same as a 1:6 cow eye). I'd suggest using standard 1.77bbs (the copper kind) that you get with the standard BB guns.

Been there, done that... I have some 6 mm bb's, already found out that proportionally 36 mm is too big for a human eye. I have no clue where to get 1.77 copper bb's, also this clay I have doesn't harden, it's oil based...

So good ideas but I've already thought of them before. I think I have eyes down pat. What I really need help with is sculpting ears...

Sure if you have the whole thing popping out... but if its set back in the head you get a nice surface to work on. Got the idea from Sunohc and his heads are definitely not cow-eyed :lol

I have no clue where to get 1.77 copper bb's, also this clay I have doesn't harden, it's oil based...

Most stores like Walmart or Academy that carry BB guns will carry the Standard BBs for those guns.. a small pack cost like $2

I think your eyes look pretty good so far..

Here is my meek entry into the page. Subject 391: Mall Elf:

PICT0741.jpg

TheyreAlive.jpg

PICT0748.jpg

PICT0752.jpg

FaceDetail.jpg

More are located here:

https://s962.photobucket.com/albums/ae104/mtcustoms/Zombie Elf/

He was my entry into the Toy A's zombie contest and the idea was something to go along with the Sideshow Santa. I had the idea of a mall zombie santa for awhile, but being slack and lazy I put it off until Sideshow made theres and I haven't picked the idea up since. Mostly because I figure people will think I'm copying Sideshow. I have a few others, most are concepts in my head and then two I'm reworking to sell at the local G. I Joe show comming up in Feb.

Last edited:
Damn! I thought of this when I tried to make a zombie for that contest...

I thought... "hey, what's a mall santa without his mall elves? Hmm... could sell those with a zombie santa, make many much $$$ on eBay! :mwaha

But I was too lazy and just waited and now BHD2 came out with his, so I'm not gonna do one, mostly cuz people will think I'm copying BHD2.. :lol

no seriously, I keep having great ideas, like a movie about a world where every living thing has become a vampire, and the story would be about what the vampires do to survive...

then I saw a commercial for a new movie called "daybreakers" about a month or so ago... :doh

why does this happen to me so often?

LOL, thanks for the comments eveyone. The candy cane was a last minute touch I did as a joke, idea of what is Christmas related and a weapon and because of the way I make my zombies. Basically I pretend to be an older brother with his sisters barbies and I light them on fire(no joke.) I find when burnt right, they have this bubbled/torn flesh look that not only helps remove bits that would be but gives me texture. Anyways when I did the head that eye got a little too crispy and I needed something to stick there, so I pulled out the dremled, drilled a hole, bent some plastic, painted it and voila! A candy cane in the eye.

TPD, I think we all end up like that. I know with my luck, once I do my General Veers Sideshows bound to pull theirs out. But I am still planning to do the Santa, I find espically when it comes to zombies five people can do the same thing but each are going to do something different. For example, my Santa was going to have a fake fat belly(the padded kind) thats all torn up and be more decayed then the sideshow/28 weeks later version. I really love the Security Guard, but I know he's going to cost me a pretty penny so that might be my next personal zombie I do. I'm staying away from any "hero" type figures out of respect, I may do a cop but I tend to horde the police gear for cops in my collection. I did do a firemen, but I have a friend who is one so its all good. And I will NOT do a military one mainly for respect but they are so over played in the zombie field its getting annorying. I always thought an EMT/Doctor would be fun, considering from a zombie outbreak standpoint their the first getting infected. I have a scale-ish US Mail mail box I'm tempted to use for a postman zombie, which brings up the fact zombies are one of the best areas in the hobby. Almost anyone and anything can be a zombie, weather its your milk man, the semi hot bank teller or Jay Leno, you can never stop or run out of ideas for a zombie. But we shall see how lazy I get and if I stray off from my curret projects; both my upcomming 1/6th scale show and the Legend of the Seeker figures I've had in the planning stages for a year.

Damn! I thought of this when I tried to make a zombie for that contest...

I thought... "hey, what's a mall santa without his mall elves? Hmm... could sell those with a zombie santa, make many much $$$ on eBay! :mwaha

But I was too lazy and just waited and now BHD2 came out with his, so I'm not gonna do one, mostly cuz people will think I'm copying BHD2.. :lol

no seriously, I keep having great ideas, like a movie about a world where every living thing has become a vampire, and the story would be about what the vampires do to survive...

then I saw a commercial for a new movie called "daybreakers" about a month or so ago... :doh

why does this happen to me so often?

Check out I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. He had that same idea, that everybody else has been ripping off, 59 years ago. Even the godfather of horror, Romero himself, admittedly borrowed from his novel for NOTLD. ;)

That elf is great.... Love the "eye candy"!

Here are two more stenches i've added to more growing undead horde. Found these heads on ebay. Gave'em a paint up, slapped'em on a body, grunged them up and viola! Here's Squishy and Crusty...

NewZombies2001.jpg

NewZombies2003.jpg

NewZombies2005.jpg

NewZombies2006.jpg

NewZombies2007.jpg

NewZombies2008.jpg

NewZombies2009.jpg

Back