1/6 Zombie Custom Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do... but it is pretty easy to make him. Like I said I found these heads on ebay. You can find them separately or all together. There is a fourth one that I haven't put together yet. Just search for 1:6 zombie!

Unfortunately, when doing that be prepared to see some of Sideshow's heads recast. One in particular recasts PZ among others. I've reported him several times but eBaY hasn't done **** about it.

Thanks guys! That's what I love about zombies, slap something together, bloody it up and PRESTO!

Still waiting Dude! To hold us over, here are a few I put together recently with some heads I found on ebay...

NewZombies019.jpg

NewZombies020.jpg

NewZombies025.jpg

These look awesome!

ok guys, if anyone still is interested...

Mr. Achstuthahed will be molded/cast hopefully before xmas... if not, I'll post pics of the blue-clay version of the sculpt tomorrow (that will be about 12 hours from this post or so)

Do you have the 4th head set up on a figure yet saintsyn?

ok guys, if anyone still is interested...

Mr. Achstuthahed will be molded/cast hopefully before xmas... if not, I'll post pics of the blue-clay version of the sculpt tomorrow (that will be about 12 hours from this post or so)

Do you have the 4th head set up on a figure yet saintsyn?

Who's that?

Thanks guys, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use the fourth head... It is black with green slimey bits drooping off, so I figure it's going to be a toxic waste zombie of some sort... Hopefully soon.

Who's that?

A funny spelling of "axe to the head" as if I was trying to pass it off as a strange and rare German sort of last name or something. You see, this next zombie sculpt has several axe wounds...

I promised pics of the sculpt "in about 12 hours or so", but that was about 13 hours ago...

so I will have them up pretty soon, just waiting for the camera to charge (someone borrowed it and returned it with a dead battery!)

A funny spelling of "axe to the head" as if I was trying to pass it off as a strange and rare German sort of last name or something. You see, this next zombie sculpt has several axe wounds...

I promised pics of the sculpt "in about 12 hours or so", but that was about 13 hours ago...

so I will have them up pretty soon, just waiting for the camera to charge (someone borrowed it and returned it with a dead battery!)

And here I thought it was going to be a suicide bomber zombie, or something like that. :huh

Here are the long-overdue pictures....

Here is a nice one I thought I'd show first
FILE0474.jpg

same pic with my lamp turned off, using only daylight
FILE0470.jpg

here's a not so great one from the front...
FILE0479.jpg

comparison with an unpainted resin cast of my 1st zombie head
FILE0463.jpg

FILE0467.jpg

hope you guys like it... only my second zombie, but I think I finally have the hang of sculpting eyes, and the nose is WAY better than the nose of the first one, so is the mouth, and the neck, and for the first time, I tried sculpting teeth! For now, the ears are sort of shriveled up, like he's been rotting for a little while (still can't sculpt those dang ears! argh...)... He has a total of 4 axe wounds, there's one on the back of his head that I don't think made it into the pics, and one on the top that's barely visible...

oh yes, and I forgot to mention that this zombie is sculpted using the same blue clay (and tin foil core) as the first one, but I pretty much scraped off the face and hair and totally resculpted everything...

I'm planning to cast him pretty soon, can't wait to see what he looks like painted!

hmmm well I cant sculpt so I think its pretty good for your 2nd try..imo...... the eyes look like eyes.. and hey the nose can be rotted and not shaped right or hollowed out like a skull haha..

hmmm well I cant sculpt so I think its pretty good for your 2nd try..imo...... the eyes look like eyes.. and hey the nose can be rotted and not shaped right or hollowed out like a skull haha..

I actually sculpted a skull understructure and added the face over it...

and I thought the nose was good! Now you're saying it looks "rotten"... :lol

well I guess that's why zombies are a great place to start for sculpting heads, cuz if you can't sculpt an ear for ^^^^, then if it was a zombie, the ears could have been rotted/burned/bitten off, etc.

If I were you bud, I'd swing over to the Customs boards and ask them how to get the bubbles out of your resin when casting a mold.

I know the cast is bubbly, but that's why it's not painted. I painted the other 3, the first of which suffered horribly from moisture contamination (I thought, "hmm... How much resin should I mix up to pour into the mold? I know, I'll pour in water first, then pour the water into a measuring thingy and see how much water there is!" so then I cast the head while the mold was still wet...:duh), the other 2 of which were chosen to be painted because they only had a bubble or 2 each, and I didn't paint this one yet because it had the most bubbles.

As far as I know, "vacuum casting" or something works pretty well, don't know how to set up something like that without expensive equipment... and tapping the mold while the resin cures can take care of some bubbles, but at the time, I didn't know any of this. Now I do. So hopefully the next time I cast something, it won't be so bubbly... but if it is, I can always fill smaller bubbles with glue! :lol

I know the cast is bubbly, but that's why it's not painted. I painted the other 3, the first of which suffered horribly from moisture contamination (I thought, "hmm... How much resin should I mix up to pour into the mold? I know, I'll pour in water first, then pour the water into a measuring thingy and see how much water there is!" so then I cast the head while the mold was still wet...:duh), the other 2 of which were chosen to be painted because they only had a bubble or 2 each, and I didn't paint this one yet because it had the most bubbles.

As far as I know, "vacuum casting" or something works pretty well, don't know how to set up something like that without expensive equipment... and tapping the mold while the resin cures can take care of some bubbles, but at the time, I didn't know any of this. Now I do. So hopefully the next time I cast something, it won't be so bubbly... but if it is, I can always fill smaller bubbles with glue! :lol

Just keep in mind that there's a wealth of information at your fingertips and industry professionally willing to help. All you gotta do is ask. ;)

Back