1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress): Now w/Claws!!!

Your work is fantastic! It is really a piece of art. I can't wait to have this guy sneaking up on a tauntaun!

Come on. J is good but he's not Sideshow good.
So... much... praise...

tenor.gif

Your work is fantastic! It is really a piece of art. I can't wait to have this guy sneaking up on a tauntaun!

I'm floored. Wonderful work!

Glad you guys are pleased :duff

How does the hinged jaw work & look? Any shots with a closed mouth?

The mouth (as it is) can close all the way... part of the roof of the mouth prevents that; also the teeth would cause further issues given how long they are. So you can basically go from a half open to fully open as it is. Suprisingly the jaw holds poses without any issue.

If you did a bit of cutting on the back of the mouth I think you could get it to close a bit further; but I don't think all the way.

As for the jaw, it's a very smart design. There are small pegs that you insert into the side of the jaw (on each side) that match up to the mouth part. To make it permanent; you simply glue the one part in place (either in the head, or in the mouth part) and you get the articulation. The hairing process covers all of this up.

You can see the holes here...

ba0ef0e6-2b9f-4b00-8ca5-26f78143f44b_zpswnxdb9pe.jpg

That's a pretty cool option although i would probably keep it wipe open as it just looks so badass.
Thanks for the pic. Caine sure did knock those sculpts out of the park.

Yeah, wide open looks really good... I believe the picture where it looks like he is walking is how far it closes; to me it's got a bit of a mouth breather look which works for an animal like this I think.

Cool but look off scale the Imperial Probe Droid is 5 feet and Han is 6 feet and a wampa is 10 feet
89a057639fc0bcf36312620a6d05de48.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Cool but look off scale the Imperial Probe Droid is 5 feet and Han is 6 feet and a wampa is 10 feet
89a057639fc0bcf36312620a6d05de48.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I agree with Darnell 100%, that probe droid looks way too small in the pre-production concept sketch.

This looks 1000% better than a HT Chewbacca Ver 2 !!!

They should get you guys in for the Solo movie version !

Well done !!

That's a pre-production sketch; aside from the modeling of everyone being off those heights didn't stay.

From everything I've been able to dig up Wampas and Tauntauns are generally the same height; in the 9ft range from the bottom of the feet to the top of the head. The Sideshow Probe Droid is right at about 6ft tall, I can't say if the scale on it is accurate or not; but it looks good to me.

Back