1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Wampa- First Casts Pulled!

Not going to spoil it, but I saw a preview of the head on IG - looks amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Wampa- First Casts Pulled!

I guess at the end of the day it's up to interpretation... to me it looks like the left as well, but the shot of the arm is such that you really can't tell (or at least I can't) where the thumb is supposed to be.

EDIT: Waller just pointed out (in a text) that if you watch the scene closely you can see when Luke swings the Wampa's left arm (which is still in frame) does not move. So with that (and the SE) I think we can go with it being the right arm. Even though on the ground it looks a bit more like the left arm to my eye.

Oh well... how about some WIP (Wampa in Progress) pics?

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress): Paint & Hair!!!

Saw your picture on IG, Looks great!

Re: Interest: 1/6 Wampa Project (Full figure or Kit) First Update

So I got in the casts from Caine yesterday... and I can't emphasize enough how high the quality is on these pieces. The jaw work great; it has no problem moving and holding the pose you leave it in. The casts required virtually no clean up (just a little flashing on one of the horns) and every thing plugged together or onto the body w/o any modifications being needed on my part.

And the size of these things; it's hard to really get until you see them in person; but these casts are massive. This set of casts at $130 is a ****ing steal.

So; with that said here's the raw casts:

ba0ef0e6-2b9f-4b00-8ca5-26f78143f44b_zpswnxdb9pe.jpg

Casts after painting:

2dc2d170-fbc1-43f3-bced-d89d2ef17eb6_zpsnlxciibd.jpg

And where the prototype is at now; only the head has had fur applied to it. And the fur suit here is not the final design; so the fit is not the best and there has been no weathering done. Because of that he's got that super soft and fluffy "new Wampa look" to him. Rest assured the final will look more "lived in"

Pictures really can't convey how cool this looks in person... I'm literally blown away by how good this thing looks as-is; and it will only get better.

65d1e689-8468-40b4-8214-e12a3cf22726_zpsogobcf7v.jpg

7e221c3e-3394-4de2-9594-fd2682cc0ec5_zpsb7hnpwep.jpg

2db08d16-f9c1-46aa-8282-de67be54b9dc_zpskvab8trd.jpg

And a size comparison (forgive the weird leg pose; this one was done too quickly)
Fully upright he's just a bit under 17" tall​

bdd36b8d-4804-4cf5-b978-0a05c0f886f9_zpsf5fpfejt.jpg

HOLY F--! :thud:

That looks amazing! Truly phenomenal work! Great job! :clap

Holy crap. I knew it was gonna look good but that's incredible.

Holy hell, that is amazing! :clap

Brilliant!

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

fa1c1f889cac0b32fa8c5159323a503b.gif

For an update on the full figures and casts. I am waiting on a few more bodies since I opened up a few spots. But in the meantime the suits are in progress and I've begun reassembling some of the bodies I already had.

Caine is still casting parts; it's quite a few so I think it will still be a few weeks before all of those are done.

My hope is that around the same time the casts are done the rest of the figure (body mods and fur suits) will also be done, or close to it. As for the painting and hairing of all of the parts; I will make that my sole "customizing" focus during the time I have them. So I'll be suspending other commissions and working on them solidly until they are done. I don't know exactly how long that will take; but I would expect about a week to get all of the parts painted and ready for hair. And then a couple more weeks to apply the hair... that's the part that will take the longest as it's fairly involved.

So, I won't give a completion date as I just don't have enough information yet to do that. But, so far the project has gone fairly smooth so if that continues I think it will bode well for all of us :duff

I haven't been following this but just saw the proto in the Snowtrooper thread and ... was totally blown away! This turned out amazing! Outstanding work, galactiboy! Truly outstanding.

:clap :clap :clap

So I got in the casts from Caine yesterday... and I can't emphasize enough how high the quality is on these pieces. The jaw work great; it has no problem moving and holding the pose you leave it in. The casts required virtually no clean up (just a little flashing on one of the horns) and every thing plugged together or onto the body w/o any modifications being needed on my part.

And the size of these things; it's hard to really get until you see them in person; but these casts are massive. This set of casts at $130 is a ****ing steal.

So; with that said here's the raw casts:

ba0ef0e6-2b9f-4b00-8ca5-26f78143f44b_zpswnxdb9pe.jpg

Casts after painting:

2dc2d170-fbc1-43f3-bced-d89d2ef17eb6_zpsnlxciibd.jpg

And where the prototype is at now; only the head has had fur applied to it. And the fur suit here is not the final design; so the fit is not the best and there has been no weathering done. Because of that he's got that super soft and fluffy "new Wampa look" to him. Rest assured the final will look more "lived in"

Pictures really can't convey how cool this looks in person... I'm literally blown away by how good this thing looks as-is; and it will only get better.

65d1e689-8468-40b4-8214-e12a3cf22726_zpsogobcf7v.jpg

7e221c3e-3394-4de2-9594-fd2682cc0ec5_zpsb7hnpwep.jpg

2db08d16-f9c1-46aa-8282-de67be54b9dc_zpskvab8trd.jpg

And a size comparison (forgive the weird leg pose; this one was done too quickly)
Fully upright he's just a bit under 17" tall​

bdd36b8d-4804-4cf5-b978-0a05c0f886f9_zpsf5fpfejt.jpg

Are there any more available slots for pre-ordering?

Holy ****... Looks like the actual thing straight from ESB's set. Just... wow.

Thanks guys :duff

Are there any more available slots for pre-ordering?

Sorry this one is closed.

Holy ****... Looks like the actual thing straight from ESB's set. Just... wow.

Thanks! That was the goal... Caine did an incredible job of seeing through the hair of the head in order to get this done. I'm honestly blown away by how accurate the sculpt is.

Damn Joseph had to come take another look. If this had turned out 1/2 as good it would still be badass and really to think your still not done and more tweaks to come just makes me........:thud:

Now I'm really looking forward to the final figure.

Back