1/6 Wampa- WIP (Wampa in Progress)- First 3 Done & Weathered Pics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been watching and admiring this project vicariously over the years. Loved the process. So sorry to see the current status. I'm a bit shocked. Joe always seemed like a great guy. I hate seeing this sort of thing and I sure hope it gets resolved.

Someday I'll pick up a body and make a fur suit for the sculpted pieces I got from this run.

At this point all those waiting on full figures should probably reach out to the admin of the board here, considering the artist running this commission is a mod.

Someday I'll pick up a body and make a fur suit for the sculpted pieces I got from this run.

At this point all those waiting on full figures should probably reach out to the admin of the board here, considering the artist running this commission is a mod.

Maybe there are more in sections I don't frequent, but I've only seen one lonely mod sporadically mod-ing (obviously he can't police every post or this forum would look very different) ... never see the forum owner and the code remains buggy, so I'm not sure oversight is what it used to be, but at the very least they should be able to shed some light on what happened to the artist in question.

Joe got back pretty quickly:

"I am still working on these and I was going to open it up to refunds for anyone that wanted one, but then this whole pandemic hit.

But yes, I still plan to finish these."

There was this back in March. Who knows what his current plans are, I think he said in another post he had mostly lost interest in the hobby in general. Hopefully this isn't another sad custom story where people get screwed.

Hey everyone, not looking to create false hope by bumping this thread, but I'm wondering, for those who did actually receive this figure, how was the body suit put together? Was is fully sewn?

Not sure if no-response is an issue here or just a very long wait, but I've bought stuff from GB on eBay in the past and in just checking he's recently active - just send a message there if there's an issue with responses here. He's been a good guy in my experience as others have said so I assume he's responding to e-mails, just maybe not active here much anymore.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/galactiboy?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I wanted to say thanks for that information. When that was mentioned previously, I thought I would just give him more time. However it’s been months since he has replied to my emails. So many times people have taken my money over the years so I was very hesitant about this project. However, I saw progress and heard that he was a great guy and I wanted a 1/6 Wampa so much.

It is really incredibly depressing how many times I’ve trusted people to do what they say. This bad experience has been a contributing factor to me not ordering some of the custom projects shared here. I am hoping after I recover from the cancer treatments I will be able to properly use my hands again.

I sent him a note through eBay. So I’ll see if he replies.

Last edited:
I wanted to say thanks for that information. When that was mentioned previously, I thought I would just give him more time. However it’s been months since he has replied to my emails. So many times people have taken my money over the years so I was very hesitant about this project. However, I saw progress and heard that he was a great guy and I wanted a 1/6 Wampa so much.

It is really incredibly depressing how many times I’ve trusted people to do what they say. This bad experience has been a contributing factor to me not ordering some of the custom projects shared here. I am hoping after I recover from the cancer treatments I will be able to properly use my hands again.

I sent him a note through eBay. So I’ll see if he replies.

Good luck with your treatments, The_Darkness_Predator!

GB is also active on instagram, would be great if he addressed this at some point. I'm sure some people might be happy to have the kits to put together themselves rather than nothing.

Good luck with your treatments, The_Darkness_Predator!

GB is also active on instagram, would be great if he addressed this at some point. I'm sure some people might be happy to have the kits to put together themselves rather than nothing.

Yeah this is a good point. Hopefully GB resolves this soon. I'd love to see more of these completed.

Very sad news. He was a long-standing member too. Helped me a number of times over the many years he was here.

I've seen this happen with good people too many times on this board.

I even tried sending another brief message recently and still no reply. Even if I can start using my hands again, I guess I will never be able to pay anyone in advance. I have lost so much by trusting people.

I have been super busy with work as of late but now with the holidaze in full effect, I had some time to get a few things made! I finally got my Wampa completed. I used a modded 1/4 figure by elongating the arms and Cagoda hooked me up with a glorious paintjob. I also have a ton of this thin veiled fur so I was able to fashion a body suit together.

***Btw, I know how screwed up this whole ordeal is with people getting ripped off. If this happened to you shoot me a PM.

FullSizeRender.jpg-2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpg-1.jpeg

IMG_4335.HEIC.jpeg

I have been super busy with work as of late but now with the holidaze in full effect, I had some time to get a few things made! I finally got my Wampa completed. I used a modded 1/4 figure by elongating the arms and Cagoda hooked me up with a glorious paintjob. I also have a ton of this thin veiled fur so I was able to fashion a body suit together.

***Btw, I know how screwed up this whole ordeal is with people getting ripped off. If this happened to you shoot me a PM.

View attachment 502197

View attachment 502198

View attachment 502199

View attachment 502200

Oh my!! That?s beautiful!! [emoji2956]

Cheers guys! I wanted to try to keep my collection to Jabbas Palace and the Cantina but now I gotta at least get a Hoth Luke to go with this dude. He towers over everyone and is so much fun to just look at.

Back