1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine in over the weekend and i have to say this figure is AWESOME!!!! I have never bought a non-licensed or custom figure before. But I am a huge fan of the film and didnt want to pass this up and when I saw they were doing Furiosa that sealed the deal for me to get this. Max is far better than i ever expected it to be. The sculpt is wonderful and the accessories are fantastic. Is it 100% perfectly accurate? No. But its pretty close and really nice out of the box. I have no complaints about any of the accuracy. Its a figure to represent the movie for me, and they did a great job at a great price. It took a while to put all the accessories together but i thought it was fun.

It's pretty cool how a lot of you are trying to improve it. I think the leg brace is really the only thing I would like to improve, but its ok, i prefer stock figures, and i am not a customizer.

Overall i give this a 10/10 figure. Its one of my favorites that I own now. Can't wait to get Furiosa!!! If there was 1 figure i would want from any film out there, it would be her :)

Here is a pic of my Max.

View attachment 323745

I really agree. The only complain I had with this figure was the big delay with the release date. I hope VTS does not repeat that with Furiosa but I dunno... fingers crossed.

anyone separated the head & neck care to tell us if the head is too narrow to fit a ZC body neck properly? Just wanna make sure before i cut it. Also anyone noticed the lump of fat between the neck & chin, does the actor have that? it makes cutting the head more difficult.

also anyone managed to slip the pistol magazine into the right top pocket with bullets facing up? the slot seems too tight for it.

also those who DIY the bracelet care to tell what size of strings did you use?

Looking forward to getting mine. Looks like a good base for a "fallout 4 lone wanderer" mash-up to go with my 3zero power armour.

Now just going to need bigger shelves for the T60.

also anyone managed to slip the pistol magazine into the right top pocket with bullets facing up? the slot seems too tight for it.

also those who DIY the bracelet care to tell what size of strings did you use?

I made two modifications to get the pistol mag in the pouch with the bullets up:

First, I cut the flap for that pouch off the vest.
Second, I trimmed the bottom of the magazine down.

4fd294feb1591033f37a619b757f8a19.jpg

6de0dbcda3d6e20d7b03352355615d3a.jpg

For the DIY bracelet, I used some 1mm nylon chord that I got at Michael's. Unfortunately, they didn't have any in the appropriate color, so I used a light grey and painted it.

265d4f226de0479d0b767e3650972f60.jpg

I made two modifications to get the pistol mag in the pouch with the bullets up:

First, I cut the flap for that pouch off the vest.
Second, I trimmed the bottom of the magazine down.

4fd294feb1591033f37a619b757f8a19.jpg

6de0dbcda3d6e20d7b03352355615d3a.jpg

For the DIY bracelet, I used some 1mm nylon chord that I got at Michael's. Unfortunately, they didn't have any in the appropriate color, so I used a light grey and painted it.

265d4f226de0479d0b767e3650972f60.jpg

hi, is 1mm nylon easy to get sorry i don't usually sew things.

also i checked typical paracord is 4mm diameter is 1mm too thick? from your pics the end product looks ok though.

do you need to make sure the orientation is correct when braiding? coz mine though shape is correct, isn't laying flat on the table it's like curvy zig zag, iron pressing it helps. it's difficult to keep it staying put when i'm working on it and everytime i tighten a braid it seems to twist around and i can't make up which side is up.

also any times on closing the bracelet i find the hole left from the scrap line too small i have to end up using needle to get the ends through.

and lastly i have difficulty closing the final end knot close to the bracelet. the end knot seems abit too long for the length from the bracelet to the knot around 0.8cm which is long compared to the one they use in the movie. yours seems to have no gap.

Finally got a chance to unbox and put together this amazing figure. Even though I'm a big fan of the movie, I resisted getting this for the longest time. But when Furiosa was announced, I knew I had to make room for another franchise in my collection. I hope Immortan Joe and a Mel Gibson version are next.

I weathered the clothing and face a bit. Thanks to everyone who posted their mods for the inspiration. However I kept the leg brace upside down. I think it looks more interesting that way.

Fury Max 2.jpgFury Max 3.jpgFury Max 1.jpg

Finally got a chance to unbox and put together this amazing figure. Even though I'm a big fan of the movie, I resisted getting this for the longest time. But when Furiosa was announced, I knew I had to make room for another franchise in my collection. I hope Immortan Joe and a Mel Gibson version are next.

I weathered the clothing and face a bit. Thanks to everyone who posted their mods for the inspiration. However I kept the leg brace upside down. I think it looks more interesting that way.

View attachment 328141View attachment 328142View attachment 328143

great pix!!!!!! i was the same as you. huge huge fan of the movie. Maybe my favorite movie ever not named Star Wars or TDK but i was hesitant to buy this because i don't buy unlicensed figures. But when pix started to show up and how great he looked, and then the announcement of Furiosa, i ordered him and PO'd her. Then when he arrived i was so impressed with it!!! Just hoping Furiosa comes out as good as him :pray:. She would be my #1 figure I want right now out of any film. Love if they make Immortan Joe, but its ok if they don't. Ill be super happy just to have Furiosa :)

do you need to make sure the orientation is correct when braiding? coz mine though shape is correct, isn't laying flat on the table it's like curvy zig zag, iron pressing it helps. it's difficult to keep it staying put when i'm working on it and everytime i tighten a braid it seems to twist around and i can't make up which side is up.

also any times on closing the bracelet i find the hole left from the scrap line too small i have to end up using needle to get the ends through.

and lastly i have difficulty closing the final end knot close to the bracelet. the end knot seems abit too long for the length from the bracelet to the knot around 0.8cm which is long compared to the one they use in the movie. yours seems to have no gap.

This is the exact guide I followed.

This is the exact guide I followed.

this method involves precision measurement on the lower strand so you get the exact length by knotting all the way down. most sites recommend cutting off the bottom U and also the excess on the cobra knots and use the straight instead of the side ends to close the knot. the advantage in your video is no cutting involved so you have a full length of paracord when you untie it and there is no need to melt & close the ends & looks neat. problem is for 1/6 scale it's really difficult to get the measurement correct so you get the correct amount of knots to cover the wrist. i calculated for 1mm you need exactly 30 knots including the top knot.

this method involves precision measurement on the lower strand so you get the exact length by knotting all the way down. most sites recommend cutting off the bottom U and also the excess on the cobra knots and use the straight instead of the side ends to close the knot. the advantage in your video is no cutting involved so you have a full length of paracord when you untie it and there is no need to melt & close the ends & looks neat. problem is for 1/6 scale it's really difficult to get the measurement correct so you get the correct amount of knots to cover the wrist. i calculated for 1mm you need exactly 30 knots including the top knot.

I think you're overthinking it. Just use it a guide for the technique. Cut a length of chord and start braiding. If it ends up too short, try again with a longer piece. Or, you can just start with a really long piece and when it is long enough, do the closure and cut off the excess. It doesn't have to be perfect, it's for a doll, after all.

If you don't want to work on Making a bracelet for max get one from Mr.E his new updated version is in scale and is amazing. I got one and looks alot better.

I think you're overthinking it. Just use it a guide for the technique. Cut a length of chord and start braiding. If it ends up too short, try again with a longer piece. Or, you can just start with a really long piece and when it is long enough, do the closure and cut off the excess. It doesn't have to be perfect, it's for a doll, after all.

actually i've been practicing on the real one that's why i'm looking at few options. i already finished the 1/6 version it has the right size & lays flat (i used the left/right right/left method now it's flat), cut off the side excess and glued it so it's not too noticeable but of course the method you showed is the optimal way of doing it.

now i know the length i should be able to use your method and i only have enough paracord for 1 more. the 1:1 of course.

i have yet to paint the 1/6, not sure what color the movie used since the color tone is so washed out in the show. grey? military green? dark green?

the inverted brace just looks wrong, you can see it's pretty loose on the lower leg because there's only 1 strap holding it. even with 2 lace i have problem holding it in optimal shape.

btw the vest suppose to hold 2 rifle bullets per slot not 1. doesn't look neat and may fall out easily. personal preferences though.

Thanks for the shout out Luis! Here is my updated version, which is available to order. Only $12USD a piece. PM with inquiries. I also make the Fury Road and Road Warrior boots.The bracelets can be dyed ANY color you'd like :

GEDC0806.JPGGEDC0809.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back