1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you guys never would've survived the Hot Toys Snap Kit Predator fiasco from back in the day :lol

Time walker delivered yesterday, but wifey says no till xmas morning....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMG- no instructions on how to attach the huge amount of stuff to this figure??!! Luckily, the interwebs comes through. Here's a vid of a guy who went through this 1/6 level of hell, to put this figure all together:

https://youtu.be/GW2Ixs6GREs

Some of you guys never would've survived the Hot Toys Snap Kit Predator fiasco from back in the day :lol

It's obvious a lot of collectors don't come from the old school military figure collecting background. Spend some time assembling a few military figures and you'll never complain about something like this again. :lol

Great figure. I was totally surprised.

007_1_zpsr9vvd0n2.jpg

009_1_zpsozja4fcu.jpg

No problem. Can't wait to see what's done.

Well here we go, i had to repaint the leathers about 3 times to get close to the look i wanted. i didnt do a paint over with the alcohol (surprisingly hard to find where i live in the UK). i am very happy with look at the moment. hopefully paint rub wont be too much of a problem...

SAM_1659.jpg
SAM_1660.jpg
SAM_1663.jpg
SAM_1665.jpg

Deathstroke87 you did a great job. Don't worry if it comes off it shouldn't peal more or less, wipe off like actual dirt. As long as your happy with it that's what matters. Happy holidays everyone.

Great figure. Any tips on how to weather the weapons to make them look less cheap?

IMG_2294.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deathstroke87 you did a great job. Don't worry if it comes off it shouldn't peal more or less, wipe off like actual dirt. As long as your happy with it that's what matters. Happy holidays everyone.

Hey man, thanks for the encouragement. i think this one has been elevated to my new favourite because of all the work i have put into him!

Great figure. Any tips on how to weather the weapons to make them look less cheap?

Hi, im certainly no expert on weathering, but i have attached some images on what i did with my weapons to weather them up.

I simply went over them with a litle sandpaper, the drybrushed some using acrylic paint. i used some sand coloured paint and added some brown to the metal sectoins of the weapons to simulate a rusting effect...

image2.jpg
image3.jpg
SAM_1637.jpg
SAM_1646.jpg

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 285
Great pics Ebeneezer. Not sure if any other characters from fury road will be done. Hopefully they make her and immortan joe and others.

With the arrival of Christmas I was finally able to open this and put it on display...for anyone on the fence (as I was about keeping my pre-order from December of last year) this figure is amazing in person. All of the pictures posted have been very well taken but this figure really has to be seen in person to truly appreciate it. I have a pretty extensive Hot Toys collection and feared that this figure would look out of place. I was happy to see that this figure holds up exceptionally well with anything else that I have on display. This is a truly awesome figure! Here is to hoping that VTS dips another toe into Fury Road...a Furiosa of this quality would be brilliant!

very happy with the release! I weathered it and added some sand to the base :) also, flipped the brace upside down. Is that accurate?

Sand on the base looks great. Yes, the brace flipped over is correct.

Amazing pictures chubbyman, did you just add sand on the base or is there more to it.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back