1/6 VTS TOYS - Wasteland Ranger: The Road to Hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Eleven head will be used and displayed for my Max, I just wanted to mess around with the VTS head to see how it works on muscular body. The neck was cleanly cut and sanded down to fit on the neck of the body. The result turned out better than expected.
15128531_810014142474353_614601973_n.jpg
15128629_810014222474345_493998446_n.jpg
15086965_810014949140939_2088974085_n.jpg
15135544_810014605807640_1398110330_n.jpg
15139714_810014312474336_461928341_n.jpg

That looks awesome. Good thing I will have the neck removed from my sculpt. That's how I want it to look like.

I just finished assembling the figure.
The only part I couldn't find its place was a small black pouch.
It wasn't attached to the vest and it has space for a gun mag, or something of that size.
Where does it attach to and and am I supposed to fit something inside it?

I just finished assembling the figure.
The only part I couldn't find its place was a small black pouch.
It wasn't attached to the vest and it has space for a gun mag, or something of that size.
Where does it attach to and and am I supposed to fit something inside it?
It's a pistol mag pouch. It's supposed to be attached right next to the holster on the molle drop leg panel. If you have a spare pistol mag you can put it in there. Else, you can just leave it empty.

It's a pistol mag pouch. It's supposed to be attached right next to the holster on the molle drop leg panel. If you have a spare pistol mag you can put it in there. Else, you can just leave it empty.

Thanks man.
I thought about it, but I haven't seen any holster with a pouch by its side, so I had to ask.
Regarding the holster is there any way to secure it to the leg panel, or we just pass the strings to the holes?
It stays there alright, but if I touch the figure to change its stance or futz it, the strings move out of the holes.

I don't mind assembling the figure (it's fun anyways), but I wish companies would include instructions to be 100% sure
and not having us guessing, checking photos, asking on forums...
It is frustrating to spend my time attaching/assembling a part on a figure,
only to find it is supposed to go the other way.

Thanks man.
I thought about it, but I haven't seen any holster with a pouch by its side, so I had to ask.
Regarding the holster is there any way to secure it to the leg panel, or we just pass the strings to the holes?
It stays there alright, but if I touch the figure to change its stance or futz it, the strings move out of the holes.

I don't mind assembling the figure (it's fun anyways), but I wish companies would include instructions to be 100% sure
and not having us guessing, checking photos, asking on forums...
It is frustrating to spend my time attaching/assembling a part on a figure,
only to find it is supposed to go the other way.

Here is a link explaining how to mount molle pouches.

https://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-attach-MOLLE-Gear-/10000000013178890/g.html

Since the Eleven head will be used and displayed for my Max, I just wanted to mess around with the VTS head to see how it works on muscular body. The neck was cleanly cut and sanded down to fit on the neck of the body. The result turned out better than expected.
View attachment 305388
View attachment 305389
View attachment 305390
View attachment 305392
View attachment 305391

can you make a tutorial how to make the best cut, and also a bottom shot? what type of slot did you insert to the head & neck?

Here's a video as well, showing how to weave the straps:

But with figures I often cheat because the attachments don't need to be that secure.

Just use a tweezer and weave the straps side to side, through the slots on the panel and the holster. Don't skip a single slot. That way the holster will stay firmly and securely on the panel.

Here's a video as well, showing how to weave the straps:

But with figures I often cheat because the attachments don't need to be that secure.

the Art Figures bag i went tru all the slots on the vest but only top mid bottom on the bag. too much work to slot in all the bag slots.

the Art Figures bag i went tru all the slots on the vest but only top mid bottom on the bag. too much work to slot in all the bag slots.

Yes, unless you intend to put your figures through an assault course or a war zone you don't need to thread every single one as per the Molle instruction manual.

That's the only best alternative if you don't want to custom make a pair. His boots are pretty good.

Hey, thansk for the feedback.

i think i agree with the comments, i think i still have my medicom Han Solo boots spare (from the return of the jedi figure) so i might just use them.

I dont really want to spend any more money on parts for this figure...

If you are going to customize your own boots. Look up images of max boots. Also Mr.E does also sell the straps and spurs separate so if you want those to add to your boots check it out.

Guys, pardon my ignorance, but is Mr E a board member here or is that a brand of boots lol? I see them recommended but not see what exactly I'm looking for.

Still have lots of dust and grime to add to the figure, but I thought I would "weather" the base a little too :):

VTS_Base1_zpshhlvsvsj.jpg

I used a base of Citadel 'Agrellan Earth' texture paint and when dry (and cracked), dry brushed with a lighter shade of yellowy brown and finally bleached bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back