1:6 TRUE BLOOD- by Warriors Gate Productions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then I have a preview of the Sookie proto costume to show you, which should be available to order by the weekend:

SookieOutfit1WEB-1.jpg
SookieOutfit4WEB-1.jpg
SookieOutfit3WEB-1.jpg

Hi everyone. Got some great reveals for you here.

Sookie began like this, an amazing 3D computer sculpture by Sean Dabbs-

bestpaquin.jpg

Then she got printed and sent to our painter for this project, GDB, who in turn sent us these gorgeous images:

0d476933.jpg

562498c7.jpg

dbd9e98a.jpg
98a357d9.jpg

29367e5d.jpg

ec286d65.jpg
0ce19de4.jpg

Info for having GDB paint your heads is on page one.

GDB did an awesome job here - look at her eyes :clap

Damn Rick, your sig just reminded me that I still have to finish Jess :monkey4

Looks great. I could explode with delight at the preview! Looking forward to seeing her in the full costume too.

explode.jpg

Why does Sookie look like she just smelled something really really bad? Wierd facial expression.

Also Eric's chin looks like a butt.

Why does Sookie look like she just smelled something really really bad? Wierd facial expression.

Sookie was made with a serious facial expression. I don't see the expression you're talking about. :dunno

0d476933.jpg

Blame god. His Chin does look like a butt. :rotfl

eric77.jpg

eric-true-blood-7574142-433-612.jpg

Sookie looks great. Eric looks a little on the caricature side, especially the lower jaw (exageratted jawline/chin and small mouth). But they both look great with the fangtastic (heh) paints by GDB as well.

Sookie looks great & its a good look for her cause she's always frowning lol. Eric is pretty cool just needs to be a bit of a paler skin-tone. Great jobs guys

Please don't take this as a criticism, because I really like the Doctor Who heads I got from WGP, but looking at these I'm thinking that an additional interim step in the production would add a lot. After you get the initial 3D print, perhaps Sean should make a wax cast of it and add skin texture and more hair detail as a final step before sending it off for molding and casting. I've read that other sculptors "use" computer modeling as "part" of their process and wondered what it meant...maybe this is what it means?

Please don't take this as a criticism, because I really like the Doctor Who heads I got from WGP, but looking at these I'm thinking that an additional interim step in the production would add a lot. After you get the initial 3D print, perhaps Sean should make a wax cast of it and add skin texture and more hair detail as a final step before sending it off for molding and casting. I've read that other sculptors "use" computer modeling as "part" of their process and wondered what it meant...maybe this is what it means?

Hey Gruff!
Suggestions and thoughts are always appreciated, man! And constructive criticism is appreciated too. We NEED to know what you guys think. Sean's cut-off from a computer at the moment, so let me try and address these.

What you say is an interesting suggestion because what Sean can do on the computer is NOT what will necessarily show up when it is finally printed, particularly as small as 1:6. We learned that through trail and error. Here is an example of him going full out with detail on a face in Z-Brush:

detail.jpg

None of that showed up when it was printed! So a wax cast may be a smart way around that when a face warrants it. (We actually did give Eric stubble and none printed out).

Hair detail:
I agree Sookies hair detail was on the light side. We've been working to make the hair more detailed and realistic on our other heads ever since. A wax head is one way around fixing it if it's too complicated to do on computer, so again, great idea!

Thank you for your two-cents!

For the Who-vians here I updated the Doctor Who group section with info on Jamie, Zoe, and Second Doctor outfits. :)

-Rick :)

Ha HA - that s pretty much how Paquin looks all of the time!

Yeah, Hair has been a weekness of mine, so I ve gotta work on that. :goodpost: Skin texture on woman looks weird - but I definatley want to try and get some texture in there for the guy s sculpts.

We live and learn!

Fixed the back of the head so it's more flush against the neck. I don't have a waitress outfit to pose her in so here she is on a SWAT body (laugh). Hey, they're close! :monkey3

Sookie-Stackhouse-figure.gif

Awesome paint job! sookie rocks! :D

Hey, WST, do you think we'll eventually get a Jess? Didn't see her in your schedule! :(

My brother, we have only sold 2 Sookies and 1 Eric. Unless sales change once the waitress outfit finally happens we are unfortunately pretty much done with TB. :(

Back