1:6 TRUE BLOOD- by Warriors Gate Productions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Warriors Gate Productions is proud to offer our first two first 1:6 True Blood offerings, "Merlottes Sookie" and "Eric Northman", sculpted by the studios lead digital artist Sean Dabbs.

UPDATE: 11/28/10
Both heads have been physically printed out! (see pics on P.8). They look gorgeous and are en-route to be cast and painted and are now available for order.

Ordering info:

Eric- Cost: $45 +$5 for shipping unpainted.

Sookie- Cost- $50 +$5 for shipping unpainted.

These will be hitting the caster about a week apart. If you order both together you can save on shipping and just pay $5 shipping for both.

We will be offering a Merlottes Sookie outfit Waitress outfit to go with Sookie soon. We are still waiting on the proto, but should be available soon. Keep watching!

Seans Paypal is: sean.dabbs at hotmail.com (replace the at with a @).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAINTING

Extremely talented forum artist GDB has offered his services for painting the True Blood heads for those that need them. These payments will be made separately later-on as the price goes down the more that want their heads painted. We will start a list here of those wanting paint jobs to keep track.

Painting group orders:
If someone wanted him to paint up a single head of Eric or Sookie, GDB would charge $60 plus $5 per shipment. But done as a group order of the same sculpt at the same time, he offers these prices:

1 - $60
2-3 - $57.50
4-6 - $55
7-11 - $50
12 or more - $45

They need to be the same sculpt at the same time. His availability is such that he can project a turnaround of about 3-4 heads a week after an initial 7-14 days of prep work for them once the group order closes.

For their colorings, he was thinking of going off of the Hot Toys Caucasian Female for Sookie and the Advanced Hot Toys Caucasian/2010 Hot Toys Narrow Shouldered Caucasian for Eric as they are both nicely pasty. :)

I don't have a waitress outfit to pose her in so here she is on a SWAT body (laugh). Hey, they're close! :monkey3

Sookie-Stackhouse-figure.gif

SOOKIE4.jpg

Eric-Northman.gif

3.gif

The "Merlottes Sookie" head will be offered as a head individually and as a complete limited run painted figure in her Merlottes waitress outfit. Her Merlottes waitress outfit will also be sold separately as will a 1:6 bottle of True Blood and other accessories.
Stay tuned! Watch here for more details as they develop!

Last edited:
Very nice rendering. Can't wait to get my Troughton heads for a serious in-hand evaluation, but Sean's digital skills raise hopes for some of the more difficult likenesses. Nice to see Anna/Sookie in all her unconventional glory.

Something for the girlfriend. Another excuse for me to have a detolf in the living room.

No thanks. Like the show but no interest in figures.

And that looks like a 3d rendering, can you really say it was sculpted?

WoW! Sean Dabbs has some mad digital skills! I am so impressed! I can't wait to see her completed! When will she be available? What other characters will you be making from the series? Will they be articulated?

agreed (message not to short)

Oooo, now I get to quote you both at one time!

From Dictionary.com:
sculpt   /skʌlpt/ Show Spelled[skuhlpt] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object)
1. Fine Arts . to carve, model, or make by using the techniques of sculpture.
2. to form, shape, or manipulate, as in the manner of sculpture: Her hair was sculpted by a leading hairdresser.

Sculpture-tured, -tur·ing. –noun
1. the art of carving, modeling, welding, or otherwise producing figurative or abstract works of art in three dimensions, as in relief, intaglio, or in the round.
2. such works of art collectively.
3. an individual piece of such work.

Most people in the Art world know that sculpting is not just modeling by hand, so I can see where people not into art might think that way. I'm just trying to educate you both. A lot of professional companies make dolls this way and it is an artistic talent. I'm surprised by your response, first, because this rendering of Sookie is awesome! and second because you're making a judgement on the artist which I feel is kind of harsh without even knowing what sculpt really means. But I'm new here... maybe you all don't support eachother here?

I'd say sculpting is manipulating physical material, but that is just me.

Would you call the Woody in the Toy Story movie a sculpture? I woudn't.

No I wouldn't call the Woody in Toy Story a sculpture, but I also wouldn't assume that the dolls that are out of him now weren't made off of those very artistic computer 3D renderings. This is just a preview of the doll. If they had put up a 3D rendering of Woody and said we're going to cast this, I'd say the end product is a sculpture, made by a 3D artist.

See I can look at this 3D rendering of Sookie and see that once cast it's going to be awesome, THAT will be a sculpture based on this artist's talent. He's not sculpting like a hands and clay sculptor, he's doing it with computer manipulation. I guess if I was picky or elitist to one particular type of art I could see your point, but what matters to me is end product.

:exactly:
I'd agree here, Im just nitpicking the details but to me, its still in the rendering state and has yet to be sculpted. Just to make it clear Im not bashing the artist, just being nitpicky, I couldnt design a 3D model like that to save my life

If he was created in 3D, then yeah. A virtual sculpture, perhaps, but he certainly isn't a drawing. Paint is a physical material and I don't call myself a sculptor because I manipulate it. It's that the art exists in 3 dimensions that makes it a sculpture, not the medium it is created in. With the advancement of computer art, maybe it's time we expand our traditional idea of what art is and rethink the old labels we used to describe things and our expectations as to what they refer to.

Back