1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine today. Really well done figure. I was mostly impressed by the quality of the clothing. The paint apps on the headsculpts are on par with HT as well just not a fan of the sculpt.

Guys KG shipped mine 27 July....it got to HK processing centre on the 1st Aug and hasn't moved since...these times seem in line with everybody else???

Yeah mine is still in the processing centre as well (since aug 1st), i guess ours missed the flight XD

Guys KG shipped mine 27 July....it got to HK processing centre on the 1st Aug and hasn't moved since...these times seem in line with everybody else???

Mine was the same, but just got to customs yesterday....updates are super slow. Was suppose to be delivered 2 days ago, but with USPS funding cuts , they are saying now 3 day mail may take over a week......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine today. For the price, you've got yourself a winner. I have no complaints at all. Thank you Supermad! Looking forward to your young Deckard.

I am genuinely shocked by how amazing this figure came out in hand. It looks just as good as anything from Hot Toys.
It?s displayed fairly close to my 4 Blitzway Ghostbusters and the sculpt and paint apps are as good if not better!
Thank goodness that small companies are making figures for film lovers who want more than super heroes and Star Wars characters on their shelves...and selling them for less than half the price too!

Yeah just got mine as well, and I gotta say it's a much nicer figure in hand than I was expecting. The outfit feels very high quality and the heads are both nicely painted. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the poor weathering job on the pants, with just a bunch of solid black lines over the creases that are very unconvincing.

The coat is really well made and very easy to futz with thanks to all the wires inside. And the proportions seem very accurate to the movie too. It's much greener in hand though than the more blue-green color I was expecting from pics, but I'll be darkening and weathering it up a bunch anyway.

Anyone going to wax the coat? Not only will it give it that sheen it had in the film I think it will also help darken it up a bit.

I am genuinely shocked by how amazing this figure came out in hand. It looks just as good as anything from Hot Toys.
It?s displayed fairly close to my 4 Blitzway Ghostbusters and the sculpt and paint apps are as good if not better!
Thank goodness that small companies are making figures for film lovers who want more than super heroes and Star Wars characters on their shelves...and selling them for less than half the price too!

Yes, many of the smaller companies are catching up which is great to see. Hot Toys needs competition.

Don't forget though, not having to pay any licensing fees does a lot to keep the price low.

Here's a few shots of mine, after heating up and narrowing the head a bit, as it was just looking too wide to me before. I still need to get my Jnix sculpt painted up, but with its longer neck and slightly larger size, I'll probably need to find a different body for it.

The Supermad head will be a perfectly fine placeholder for now though.

20200807_013913 (3).jpg

20200807_013650 (2).jpg

20200807_013429 (2).jpg

20200807_012924 (2).jpg

Here's a comparison between the narrower BD head and regular.

20200807_005140 (2).jpg

and with the Jnix

20200807_005302 (3).jpg

Great pics davejames. Interesting comparison to the Jnix sculpt. From the post a few pages back without the jacket on, it looked like the Supermad head was oversized, but it's actually not.

In the process of water-treating the K coat as well to make it sit better on the body. Once dry, I'm sure it'll look even better.

Great pics davejames. Interesting comparison to the Jnix sculpt. From the post a few pages back without the jacket on, it looked like the Supermad head was oversized, but it's actually not.

Thanks. And yeah the Supermad is just the standard HT size, they just have it on a generic MX02 body which is a bit on the smaller side (and also has way too long arms). The Jnix is closer to the size of the larger HT Neo head, so not sure if I'll be able to make it work with this outfit or not. I don't want to put it on a taller body and then have the coat look too short.

I've done this with a few heads before and never had a problem with it getting distorted. But then I'm not pressing in enough that the facial features are being affected that much. And I make sure to press in on both the cheeks and top of the head so it's as even as possible.

It did take quite a long while before the head was hot enough to work with though. I was worried the paint might not hold up under the intense heat or be sealed in as well as a HT head, but there was no issue there.

I’m using the Jnix head on a HT Force awakens Han Solo body. I forget which one it is. The proportions look great. Just bought some Odicoat to “seal” the jacket.

Yeah I’m going to upload some pics soon. Maybe later tonight when I get off work.

Here's a few shots of mine, after heating up and narrowing the head a bit, as it was just looking too wide to me before. I still need to get my Jnix sculpt painted up, but with its longer neck and slightly larger size, I'll probably need to find a different body for it.

The Supermad head will be a perfectly fine placeholder for now though.

View attachment 492584

View attachment 492585

View attachment 492586

View attachment 492587

Here's a comparison between the narrower BD head and regular.

View attachment 492588

and with the Jnix

View attachment 492589
Great photos James [emoji108]

If it possible do you have the steps for narrowing the head?

I would like to try on this figure to

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

Back