1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine as well. I like what I see and it was worth the wait.
I was going to replace the head, but changed mind. They are good looking head!

IMG_20200807_103505.jpg
IMG_20200807_103520.jpg
IMG_20200807_103803.jpg

Well still waiting....customs is slow as hell.

Left HK for US 7-21
Hit US customs 8-2.
Just left US customs today!
Says delivery tomorrow but I doubt that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well still waiting....customs is slow as hell.

Left HK for US 7-21
Hit US customs 8-2.
Just left US customs today!
Says delivery tomorrow but I doubt that.

Kg hobby posted mine on 27 July....still hasnt left Hong Kong processing centre.

Great photos James [emoji108]

If it possible do you have the steps for narrowing the head?

I would like to try on this figure to

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

There aren't many steps to take. Just use a heat gun or embossing tool to slowly heat up the head until it softens a little, then while pressing in the cheeks with one hand and the top of the head with the other hand (making sure to avoid the ears so they don't get flattened), hold it under some cold running water until the head hardens again.

There aren't many steps to take. Just use a heat gun or embossing tool to slowly heat up the head until it softens a little, then while pressing in the cheeks with one hand and the top of the head with the other hand (making sure to avoid the ears so they don't get flattened), hold it under some cold running water until the head hardens again.
Thermal expansion?, thanks

But what about the paint??

Great photos James [emoji108]

If it possible do you have the steps for narrowing the head?

I would like to try on this figure to

My experience with heat to alter the shape of a head is that if the room you display in gets any kind of heat, it will revert back to the original shape. If the sculpt looks too wide to begin with, you can remove material from the inside to alter the shape of the head. That might seem extreme. But it can also work.
I expect very few people have the tools or the will to attack their head with a dremel, lol.

You know , I gotta say this....
HT is really failing a large segment of the collector populace.

Last several figures I have purchased were from alternate companies, with products very close to HT in quality for 30% less in price.

This one looks to be on par with many HT releases and what you get for the price is amazing.

HT could easily afford a better product , even with license fees. Plastic costs very little.....

Living in the country Deckard's blaster was manufactured in an alternate reality, I wonder if any fellow European collectors have a store recommendation to get K?
I'm assuming ordering it off KG Hobby means there'd be import taxes.

Living in the country Deckard's blaster was manufactured in an alternate reality, I wonder if any fellow European collectors have a store recommendation to get K?
I'm assuming ordering it off KG Hobby means there'd be import taxes.

Mine didn't have any extra taxes(I'm in Scotland). In fact, i didn't even need to sign for it, lol. Postie just handed me it on the driveway. "Another doll?" "Yep..."

You know , I gotta say this....
HT is really failing a large segment of the collector populace.

Last several figures I have purchased were from alternate companies, with products very close to HT in quality for 30% less in price.

This one looks to be on par with many HT releases and what you get for the price is amazing.

HT could easily afford a better product , even with license fees. Plastic costs very little.....

I don?t remember the last time I got excited about an announcement from Hot Toys...it has truly been a long time.
If my cinematic tastes revolved around Marvel, DC, and Star Wars it may be different.
I enjoy those properties but nowhere near to the extent that I enjoy hundreds of amazing films over the past six decades that I would much prefer to see represented on my shelves.
I have been picking up a lot of 1/6 figures but my last from Hot Toys was the new Two Face and I cannot anticipate when I will ever pick up another figure from Hot Toys again based upon my fatigue with their generic and predictable licenses.
How may versions of Thor, Hawkeye, and Princess Leia do I really need to find space for?

I don?t remember the last time I got excited about an announcement from Hot Toys...it has truly been a long time.
If my cinematic tastes revolved around Marvel, DC, and Star Wars it may be different.
I enjoy those properties but nowhere near to the extent that I enjoy hundreds of amazing films over the past six decades that I would much prefer to see represented on my shelves.
I have been picking up a lot of 1/6 figures but my last from Hot Toys was the new Two Face and I cannot anticipate when I will ever pick up another figure from Hot Toys again based upon my fatigue with their generic and predictable licenses.
How may versions of Thor, Hawkeye, and Princess Leia do I really need to find space for?

This exactly. I enjoy the MCU and SW franchises the last few years (NOT DCU however!) but compared to the movies of the past several decades, they jus cannot rate.

Jaws , The Godfather, Willy Wonka (80?s) , BTTF (HT sort of got this) the list goes on and on...... but we get the same repetitive characters.

I am also not buying the idea that these things actually sell. I know people say they do, but to me, seems like you can buy just about every MCU and SW release somewhere at retail.

Try that with BTTF Marty.

Well after it cleared customs it got here in 2 days. Won?t be able to open it for another 4 days due to work.

Here is how it arrives.....with many stamps......

c685c87f928fb173b36a372a7a2e4bc0.jpg

Back