1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think anyone is not understanding and sympathetic due to the delays from the Virus.

It’s the 2 year wait before this was even happening that most are taking issue with.

I know the old detective went over well with some people but to me it’s a pretty underwhelming figure and the quality and turnaround time for some third party companies like soosoo makes me think Supermad can pull their socks up a bit.

I don?t think anyone is not understanding and sympathetic due to the delays from the Virus.

It?s the 2 year wait before this was even happening that most are taking issue with.

I know the old detective went over well with some people but to me it?s a pretty underwhelming figure and the quality and turnaround time for some third party companies like soosoo makes me think Supermad can pull their socks up a bit.

Yeah, I totally get that the coronavirus is serious and I wouldn?t blame them for being careful.
What I do blame them for is the fact that a figure meant to be RELEASED almost a year and a half ago isn?t even finalized. Plus there?s Deckard, who came out good but they even admit to ?defects? like the color of the head not even matching the body, which might delay the K which isn?t even a finished prototype. I don?t know, it definitely seems like the person running Supermad actually cares but it just feels too easy for them to disappear off the face of the earth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm kinda wishing I had gotten in on that Yunsil set now. Wasn't sure I wanted to pay $400 for one, but watching my Jnix sculpt sit around gathering dust all this time has been frustrating as hell, and if I was going to have to wait all this time I'd rather it be for a much nicer looking outfit!

Did anyone here get in on the Yunsil/Toribox Officer K set? I?d kinda forgotten about it but I looked on the Toribox site and apparently it?s not only done but finished shipping last week. I haven?t seen any pictures on Instagram so I wondered if maybe someone here had gotten the set.
I?m kinda feeling the same way, as I have the Scott Pettersen sculpt and I know pretty soon I?m gonna start to want an outfit to go with it. I figure that would lead to me getting the BlackBox figure and for the amount I spend on that and the Supermad version (if it ever comes), it won?t be that much cheaper than the likely superior Yunsil set.

The Yunsil does look superior to everything else, but honestly this probably isn't a custom I need bad enough to pay crazy amounts of money for. And I think people got some pretty amazing results by modding the Blackbox outfit, so I'm hopeful the same will be possible with the Supermad as well.

those that already have Old man Deckard on display better watch out those stains on the boot soles will come off and stain the base sticker. tried to wipe it off just to leave a trail of white now need to restain the sole and seal it off with a matte clear and try to fix the base.

Supermadtoys is with Sun Maddy.
5 mins ?

Here is some pic. of test painting of Hunter K, seems too pale, still improving for the perfect version.

Too bad the progress is still slow due to affection of outbreak here,
labour still not yet in full force...

And it is still hard to use facebook so I will try answer all your questions here.

a. Hunter K will delay to the end of Q2, the other products will update if i had time, pls stay tuned.

b. if any friends want to preorder hunter K, hunter D and six $ man hunting ver. pls contact [email protected] for enquiry

c. Please do not raise any question nor message me at this moment, cannot promptly reply sorry.

thanks a lot������

89974252_2356105284687046_3624882561655767040_o.jpg

89982221_2356105328020375_7195532678639124480_o.jpg

90008673_2356105394687035_4507857065242263552_o.jpg

89710501_2356105441353697_1916261485164625920_o.jpg

So end of June, huh? Have a feeling it's going to be more like end of September...

Seriously, between the Coronavirus and the leisurely pace Supermad has been going at, I?d be surprised to see the final prototype by the end of Q2.

Its a weak sculpt, but if the price is right, I can work with it.

Looks fine to me. I'm not paying for more than the figure itself for another headsculpt....

Looks just like Ryan Gosling to me.

View attachment 481328

It looks okay. But there's something off about it. It's a bit wide in the cheeks and short in the overall head height in my opinion. But it might look fine when it's in hand.
I managed to get in on a good custom of him, so that will be going on mine when it finally arrives.

09458AB2-3659-43AF-A309-2813D5AB315B.jpg

2E30A375-17A1-45D7-811D-CE0F64B7944D.jpg

I managed to get in on a good custom of him, so that will be going on mine when it finally arrives.

09458AB2-3659-43AF-A309-2813D5AB315B.jpg

Same here, I absolutely love the Pettersen sculpt. I just got mine back from him yesterday and it?s phenomenal. I don?t think photos do it justice, it?s 100% Officer K in hand.

Agent K is really just not there, although i commend Supermadtoys going back again and again to make it better.

Just received my Deckard last night. Great figure for the price. Clothes are thin and decent. Fat suit is there and subtle.
Both face sculpts are really great. If only other 1/6 companies could make "young" Harrison Ford to that quality. Both him and Old Han Solo look spot on.

The only minor nitpick is that the skin tone and the body are slightly off. The hands and the body are WAY off. Apart from that, way worth it for the price.

Back