1/6 SUPERMAD TOYS, the old detective 2049

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's unfortunate.....I'm sure it will be sorted with no hassles.
Not sure why some moan about the hair???
It's a top figure.....and for the price and all the added accessories Inc an extra sculpt it's a bit of a joke to have a dig.

That's unfortunate.....I'm sure it will be sorted with no hassles.
Not sure why some moan about the hair???
It's a top figure.....and for the price and all the added accessories Inc an extra sculpt it's a bit of a joke to have a dig.

It?s because the hair looks terrible in pictures. In hand it?s not that bad.
It?s a great figure for the price.

I have a similar issue with the "normal" sculpt's nose, though not as bad as that one. Honestly I prefer the "sideways glare" head more as it seems more Ford.

I like it, though I'm not blown away by it. The price is great, don't get me wrong. The accessories are nicely detailed (except some glue strands on the blaster). I've always had a slight problem with the sculpt of the hair since the very beginning, but its fine.

I would recommend removing the belly padding and giving the figure a slight hunch in terms of the posing. It helps sell the Old man Deckard look in my mind.

I see a lot of people here not terribly happy with this figure. Personally he looks great to me and I am looking for one, so if anyone wants to sell their's let me know.

If you slice open a hole in the belly padding and remove the inner "stuffing" it will have a more natural look and less of a pot belly. Otherwise there are plenty of other ways to fill out the belly without the included padding.

I wonder if they recast a Ford head and altered it as some have mentioned. This sculpt is so nice but the hair is so cartoony (a bunch of small triangles without the natural flow of hair) and doesn't fit the sculpt. Their other offerings (including K) don't have as nice a likeness.
:dunno

If you slice open a hole in the belly padding and remove the inner "stuffing" it will have a more natural look and less of a pot belly. Otherwise there are plenty of other ways to fill out the belly without the included padding.

I wonder if they recast a Ford head and altered it as some have mentioned. This sculpt is so nice but the hair is so cartoony (a bunch of small triangles without the natural flow of hair) and doesn't fit the sculpt. Their other offerings (including K) don't have as nice a likeness.
:dunno
I think they recast the TFA head and then resculpted all the hair and stubble and whatnot. I'm really impressed with the paint apps, Sideshow would dream of these paint apps for their figures.

Is there supposed to be a specific hand to hold the whiskey glass? Tried the gun holding hand and it barely holds it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not no beat a dead horse but the hair is totally bad in hand. Actually worse. So if it doesn’t bug you now in the photos it won?t in hand but if it does don’t get it expecting you’ll be ok with it in person.

I’m working on something that will prove what a disaster this hair is. Granted the hair is hard but I mean if NECA can get the jist of it these guys have no excuse in this scale. It?s actually comical looking.

In terms of the screwed up figure though no excuses that sucks and I’m sorry to hear that. Especially the nose rub is unacceptable.

And no no hand to hold the whiskey glass. Would have been nice though

XRbX00h.jpg

I still don't think the hair is tragic. If it's the difference between sculpted hair and rooted hair then fair enough but I think it looks fine.

I finally received my figure. The box was so smashed up, I could not even open it. I had to tear it open, luckily the figure was ok, but the sculpt with the straight eyes had the paint rubbed off the nose.

Someone has a drinking problem!

Attachments

• 241BBA43-30E4-4D89-AF85-E24C306759B6.jpg
    241BBA43-30E4-4D89-AF85-E24C306759B6.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 182
I think that this head would look pretty weird with rooted hair. But then again I’m not a fan of real hair on short haircuts it always looks just slightly worse than sculpted hair to me even the ones that are amazingly done.

Given this sculpts forehead is far too short which is a huge part of my issue with it I’ll probably be using the other han knock odd and resculpting this hair from scratch

Back