1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trinity! wonderful likeness.

Another pic from a different seller...looks more like the actress who played Sonya in Rise of the Lycans.

s-l400.jpg

Wow, great job. I tried doing the same thing too but with a Jiaou body instead. The reason I used Jiaou was because I thought the Brown body had a great skin tone match. But your swap looks way better. Mind sharing how you removed the hair from the SA head?

So.. I finally got mine as well..
First quick disappointment was the body. Really? Star Ace!? You don't care much, do you...
31666202956_c926a3f3c8_b.jpg

quickly changed body to Phicen - now that's better. but I will need to battle with her boots and neck.
(I've dealt with those before, so no worries there)
31666203076_06267dc895_b.jpg

Now the bodysuit fitting is good. but material finish is 'matte(flat)' It should be 'glossy'
Corset isn't too big as I worried, but the back bottom side is covering her butt too much..In a way, it's still too big then.

I have Kumik's old Selene - which I also switched body with Phicen.
This one has glossy suit, but fit isn't that great.. Nothing is perfect...
30893104843_392639ee8f_b.jpg

For the head sculpt...
I have Figurefun's old 'Black Warrior' Selene, Kumik's Selene and this one.
Figurefun killed the good original Iminime's head sculpt, only thing I save it for was her boots..
Now between StarAce and Kumik. They both have up and downs..
I don't know which one I'm gonna end up using for my final bash. What do you guys think?

30861486834_0df12282c6_b.jpg

So.. I finally got mine as well..
First quick disappointment was the body. Really? Star Ace!? You don't care much, do you...
31666202956_c926a3f3c8_b.jpg

quickly changed body to Phicen - now that's better. but I will need to battle with her boots and neck.
(I've dealt with those before, so no worries there)
31666203076_06267dc895_b.jpg

Now the bodysuit fitting is good. but material finish is 'matte(flat)' It should be 'glossy'
Corset isn't too big as I worried, but the back bottom side is covering her butt too much..In a way, it's still too big then.

I have Kumik's old Selene - which I also switched body with Phicen.
This one has glossy suit, but fit isn't that great.. Nothing is perfect...
30893104843_392639ee8f_b.jpg

For the head sculpt...
I have Figurefun's old 'Black Warrior' Selene, Kumik's Selene and this one.
Figurefun killed the good original Iminime's head sculpt, only thing I save it for was her boots..
Now between StarAce and Kumik. They both have up and downs..
I don't know which one I'm gonna end up using for my final bash. What do you guys think?

30861486834_0df12282c6_b.jpg

Which Phicen body did you use? I am looking at the Pale S16A myself. Not sure how that compares to what you used.

Here is the link to what I'm considering buying:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PHICEN-1-6-Female-Super-Flexible-M-Bust-Seamless-PALE-Body-Steel-Skeleton-S16A-/152230914798

Actually, it was very reasonable for custom rooted hair and paint on a head sculpt he provided. Much less than many other customizers would have charged for a custom of this caliber.

That looks amazing! I'd love to get one too. How much was it? Could you let me know how to go about in acquiring it? Thanks in advance!

Right, he's got back to me.

To have this done:

View attachment 356492

So, rooted and painted Star Ace sculpt is. . .

$230 if you supply the head.

$260 for him to supply the head.

Price is what I expected at this level.

He's in China and patience is needed for the translation/English when dealing with him.

Like I say, I'm not interested in starting a project or taking this on in any way, but for those that want to get it done, he's given permission for me to pass on his Facebook details rather than posting it in here. So, PM me if you want to do that.

The info was actually posted earlier in this thread. I contacted him through Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/No6.CAF

wow, so StarAce actually provided a decent sculpt - just needs some better paint apps to bring it to life.

did you supply the custom person in China your own sculpt or just paid for a new one?

I noticed there was only a $30 difference - they must have a recast of the original?

Back