1/6 Star Ace - Underworld Evolution - Selene Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a78add73801af4ed80c928af4e0bdfc5.jpg
c3fc139ece635a7c7c64785416c4e3c8.jpg
07f9a19b05cd27f4e840f71b02baea56.jpg

Got the eBay sculpt today, neither really nail the likeness but I'd say the star Ace is still slightly better, it's just the wide nose and weirdly angled eye sockets. The recast looks to be thinner and paint a bit flatter. So I think I'll be repainting and hairing the star Ace head and leave the custom head on till I get around to it. Do hope I can come close to that No.6 head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, the eyes look great. You had no problem attaching the recast to the figure?

Right, he's got back to me.

To have this done:

View attachment 356492

So, rooted and painted Star Ace sculpt is. . .

$230 if you supply the head.

$260 for him to supply the head.

Price is what I expected at this level.

He's in China and patience is needed for the translation/English when dealing with him.

Like I say, I'm not interested in starting a project or taking this on in any way, but for those that want to get it done, he's given permission for me to pass on his Facebook details rather than posting it in here. So, PM me if you want to do that.

At that price might as well buy the storm collectible Hollywood Hogan 1/6 scale figure. Thanks for the enquires...

a78add73801af4ed80c928af4e0bdfc5.jpg
c3fc139ece635a7c7c64785416c4e3c8.jpg
07f9a19b05cd27f4e840f71b02baea56.jpg

Got the eBay sculpt today, neither really nail the likeness but I'd say the star Ace is still slightly better, it's just the wide nose and weirdly angled eye sockets. The recast looks to be thinner and paint a bit flatter. So I think I'll be repainting and hairing the star Ace head and leave the custom head on till I get around to it. Do hope I can come close to that No.6 head.

I ordered the recast off ebay and looks awesome compared to the Star-ace one. You getting No-6 to repaint and hair your SA figure head?

Wow, the eyes look great. You had no problem attaching the recast to the figure?
I did, the sculpt is hard resin so it has no flexibility to pop onto the peg. I had to dremel out the hole a bit. Didn't get a snug fit but I'll just use some blu tac. Becareful tho because the points of the hair are sharp so I'd worry about using to much pressure and poking the coat shoulders.

I ordered the recast off ebay and looks awesome compared to the Star-ace one. You getting No-6 to repaint and hair your SA figure head?
He did an amazing job but sadly I won't be. A bit too pricey, so I will be tackling it myself. Atleast he proved the sculpt does have some potential. Been planning to do this since before I got the figure as I could see some area I could fix which would be the hair, lipstick, eye color and brows.

I did, the sculpt is hard resin so it has no flexibility to pop onto the peg. I had to dremel out the hole a bit. Didn't get a snug fit but I'll just use some blu tac. Becareful tho because the points of the hair are sharp so I'd worry about using to much pressure and poking the coat shoulders.

He did an amazing job but sadly I won't be. A bit too pricey, so I will be tackling it myself. Atleast he proved the sculpt does have some potential. Been planning to do this since before I got the figure as I could see some area I could fix which would be the hair, lipstick, eye color and brows.

Keep us posted on your custom star-ace head sculpt so we can see someone else tackle the rooted hair look..

Well, apparently, the SA head is being recast and haired on eBay right now. It's a preorder, the paint job is bad, but at least it's $39 shipped. I'll wait until it's out and more shops have it with in hand with pictures to order though.

Those interested, look up JXtoys underworld evolution Selene on evil bay

Well, apparently, the SA head is being recast and haired on eBay right now. It's a preorder, the paint job is bad, but at least it's $39 shipped. I'll wait until it's out and more shops have it with in hand with pictures to order though.

Those interested, look up JXtoys underworld evolution Selene on evil bay

I don't think its the SA headsculpt being recasted and haired. If it is its terrible compared to the SA one..

The JXToys head doesn't look anything like Kate Beckinsale, so it's not a recast of the Star Ace Selene, unless they did some major resculpting on it before they made the mold.

I got my blue eyed sculpts today, they look really good. All I need to do is make the neck peg hole a little bigger, kinda nervous about that part.

I got my blue eyed sculpts today, they look really good. All I need to do is make the neck peg hole a little bigger, kinda nervous about that part.

Hopefully it looks great because I have one in the mail too. How would you stay it compares to the original SA headsculpt?

Back