1/6 Star Ace - 300 / 300: Rise of an Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0PSs7g5.jpg

joZOlR0.jpg

BON6dnr.jpg

AfMyZ6k.jpg

U6hMsvu.jpg

8y6ZxBB.jpg

3l2ezvz.jpg

laHBn0A.jpg

yi69LYw.jpg

1iieldo.jpg

D3fDMVc.jpg

ZXvYAII.jpg

WBIUEHx.jpg

RHsW6ng.jpg

YdqzKz6.jpg

FchqC6z.jpg

viFCPb6.jpg

3IpZqtu.jpg

HNoWHYR.jpg

k1gTGGa.jpg

56WWoHR.jpg

ZqPqxA9.jpg

- 1/6TH SCALE APPROXIMATELY 30 CM TALL
- BODY WITH 30 POINTS OF ARTICULATIONS
- AUTHENTIC AND DETAILED FULLY REALIZED LIKENESS OF GERARD BUTLER AS LEONIDAS IN THE MOVIE OF "300"
- ACCURATE FACIAL EXPRESSION WITH DETAILED SKIN TEXTURE
- EACH PIECE OF HEAD SCULPT IS SPECIALLY HAND-PAINTED

PARTS:
1. TWO (2) INTERCHANGEABLE PORTRAIT HEADS INCLUDING:
- ONE (1) WITH A CALM EXPRESSION
- ONE (1) WITH A YELLING EXPRESSION
2. FOUR (4) PIECES OF INTERCHANGEABLE HANDS INCLUDING:
- ONE (1) PAIR OF OPEN HANDS
- ONE (1) RIGHT HAND FOR HOLDING SWORD OR SPEAR
- ONE (1) LEFT HAND FOR HOLDING SHIELD

2. COSTUME:
- ONE (1) SPARTAN SHORTS (ABS)
- ONE (1) RED CLOAK
- ONE (1) SET OF ARM BRACERS
- ONE (1) BROOCH
- ONE (1) SET OF LEG GREAVES
- ONE (1) WOLF TEETH NECKLACE
- ONE (1) SCABBARD
- ONE (1) PAIR SANDALS (SCULPTED ON FEET)

3. ACCESSORIES:
- ONE (1) HELMET
- ONE (1) SWORD
- ONE (1) SPEAR
- ONE (1) SHIELD
- THREE (3) BROKEN ARROWS

4. FIGURE STAND

RELEASE DATE: Q4, 2016

Last edited:
Looks good. I may still like the HT better, but will be picking this up. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the line.

Looks awesome. Some minor nitpicks but nothing serious. I actually like this body better than HT's.

I wonder if Star Ace will start picking up all the licenses Hot Toys doesn't have... A lot of possibilities. Watchmen, V for Vendetta, The Matrix...

I'm gonna order for sure....does the helmet seem like it sits a little high on the head to anyone else? Not a big deal for an overall killer figure

I think the likeness is somewhat off on both head sculpts, the Hot Toys version is closer.
I just have a bit of an issue with the screaming headsculpt, they didn't sculpt the eyes quite right. When people show anger especially with rage and screaming, the brow lowers over the eyes, but the upper eyelid raises back exposing more of the upper eyeball, the lower eyelid can also raise a little, this is what makes the eyes glare, it's what's missing from the screaming portrait.
This is from a book I own, "The Artists Complete Guide To Facial Expression" by Gary Faigin. The top eyes are neutral, the middle is with the brow lowered showing a bit of anger, the bottom is with angry glare:
The Artists Complete Guide To Facial Expression By Gary Faigin Glaring Eyes 02.jpg
And that same angry glare expression from Gerard Butler:
Gerard Butler 300 Scream.jpg

I love the inclusion of the screaming portrait and would chose that to be the way I display him, but it needs some improvement.
Also, I'd hope the helmet could fit better over the screaming head than it's shown in these pictures.

I'm gonna order for sure....does the helmet seem like it sits a little high on the head to anyone else? Not a big deal for an overall killer figure

It looks good on the neutral sculpt, but it seems to be getting caught on the screaming sculpts left ear. Pretty great looking figure, but the face of the screamer looks a bit pushed in or something.

Definitely getting it, since the HT is one of my grail figures and now way out of my price range.

hmm saw the enlarged files - while i have absolutely no issues on any other count - they have clearly tried to air brush the joints for the release pics... the variance in the shoulder joint gaps is evident in pic 1 vs 3 and 6 and the arm joint in pic 5 vs 6 and also the arm joint completely disappears in 14 :( :(
unfortunately does not give a clear picture on the gaps in the joint.

It looks good on the neutral sculpt, but it seems to be getting caught on the screaming sculpts left ear. Pretty great looking figure, but the face of the screamer looks a bit pushed in or something.

Definitely getting it, since the HT is one of my grail figures and now way out of my price range.
Ah, good observation...maybe it can be pushed down more. Hopefully they can tweak it still because I agree the yelling face is a bit off and I would have liked the cut over the eye...but you can't have everything I guess. I'm also wondering why every pic holding the spear is using the relaxed hands with the spear looking like its glued to the palm:huh

I had a hard time finding this thread because I was looking for the Jerry Lewis 1/6 scale discussion.

Lewis1_6.jpg

FYI - the head in the photo is 104% for production purposes, so the helmet doesn't fit properly on the prototype. Also there is a solid resin ponytail that will be PVC on the production figure so the helmet can slide over it.

There will be better pics soon to show the helmet fit.

Last edited:
^^^ you mean in the final figure the helmet is not gonna fit properly? Any idea if the head slides lower into the neck. In many pics there is a big gap on the side where the head meets the neck. Also if you see screaming sculpt that's almost touching the chest so not sure if there is potential to push the head further down and not have a giraffe neck appearance.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Back