1/6 Star Ace - 300 / 300: Rise of an Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone in this thread seems to think that Eva Green is gorgeous. Am I the only one who finds her incredibly creepy looking? Especially in Penny Dreadful.

Reminds me a bit of Emily Blunt.
Same, but I think that's because of improper lighting.
Looks serviceable at the very least...

GORGO1_zps7gtmrdzq.jpg

It needs a more stoic expression. I always think of when Leonidas looked back to her, and she raised her head and nodded at him... that's the expression the figure should have.

giphy.gif

Everyone in this thread seems to think that Eva Green is gorgeous. Am I the only one who finds her incredibly creepy looking? Especially in Penny Dreadful.
It's the eyes combined with the pale skin and black hair. At least for me. Always had a weak spot for that look.

As far as the sculpt goes, that cocked grin just isn't helping her cause I think.

she can be both
but yeah specially in Penny Dreadful
she really looked possessed in some episodes

It's the eyes combined with the pale skin and black hair. At least for me. Always had a weak spot for that look.

As far as the sculpt goes, that cocked grin just isn't helping her cause I think.

its not just all looks. its how you portray yourself, how you stand, how she never tries to be damsel in distress. shes strong and has a demeanor about her she conservative.and you mix that in with her unique look it adds up. trust me i knew a women that was like this and blonde, my traction to her went beyond just she hot.

i feel like half the women i meet dont even know whats going on around them

its not just all looks. its how you portray yourself, how you stand, how she never tries to be damsel in distress. shes strong and has a demeanor about her she conservative.and you mix that in with her unique look it adds up. trust me i knew a women that was like this and blonde, my traction to her went beyond just she hot.

i feel like half the women i meet dont even know whats going on around them

To be fair he approached the topic from the topic by saying she is "creepy looking", so that's what I addressed in my answer.

You're not wrong though. I'll probably get flak for this, but physical attractiveness is generally the way you find out about the other characteristics you listed. We are hard wired as humans to find physical traits attractive, it's the first thing we know about an individual. Technically speaking, looks and pheromones are all that matters, and your mind has been made up long before you conclude the things you did. We as humans have augmented this experience with perfumes and colognes. Ever heard about the studies that state blind testing of used gym shirts provided to the opposite sex is generally found to have an appealing scent? That's pheromones dictating your decisions. A person's brain has pretty much chemically concluded if someone is a "match" the second you kiss. Given Ugar the proto-human would have swapped spit in less eloquent ways, that's the base line for mate-picking. But, we don't live in a cave in the woods, we've evolved intellectually and societally where other factors contribute to what we determine important in a partner, like you listed, because those are relevant in developed society. In a lot of regards what you're saying is the modernized way to determine a partner, but it doesn't negate that deep down, we are pretty animalistic in seeing members of the opposite sex. Things like trophy wives, husbands who are 60 years older than their wives, marriages of convenience, partnerships where having children isn't possible or a choice, having children later in life, etc. all exist support what you say though, because they circumvent the traditional "person X is attractive and chemically compatible, I will have offspring with them" for other reasons. They go beyond animalistic logic because we have evolved to appreciate other aspects of life to support longevity.

(Sorry that got so long. Didn't notice till I was done. I have biochemistry background and have previously looked into the the "chemistry of love" for lack of a better description and really enjoy the science behind it.)

TL;DR: I agree with you in every way but for different reasons. [emoji38]

God I would kill for a juicy interview with Star Ace about now. If only to hear about new licenses. Will they be at NYCC?

Man, I hear that. With HT being busy with Marvel, DC and Star Wars, I'd love if Star Ace picked up everything else.

I've been thinking about POTC, I'd LOVE a new Davy Jones figure, and a Barbossa.

Back