1/6 Star Ace - 300 / 300: Rise of an Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's already a problem when they have to airbrush the joints in the promo pics. Likeness is off too.
[emoji1418]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised how well HT Leonidas still holds up, for a figure which is 6 years old it still looks epic, figure was ahead of its time.

DSCF3539_zpsq8so5jtr.jpg

DSCF3540_zpsleflqqtt.jpg

DSCF3543_zpsnnevnldi.jpg

Last edited:
Of the pics I've seen only one looked to be retouched, the joints were visible in all others.

Not 1 but a few pics there is some amount of photoshop done on joints - while you can see the joints in many of the pics, you can clearly see they toned them down a bit to make them look more seamless. They din completely remove them and still have the joints show a bit so it does not look like a complete photoshop. (Barring that one pic - cause am sure the joint looked horrible in that pose)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Last edited:
$239.99 is more expensive than a lot of Hot Toys, and I've never bought a Star Ace figure before. Are their pieces usually worth the hefty price tag?

I know Gorgo is coming and Themistocles's head sculpt was sneaked at SDCC, but has there been any confirmation on Artemisia?

It will truly be a tragic shame if both planned Eva Green figures never see the light of day. Come on Star Ace, come on Big Chief.

I trust she's smirking, yes? It's hard to tell 100% without paint apps whether it's intentional or uneven. I can't put my finger on what isn't working for me...but they have a lot of the individual parts right.

Back