1/6 Star Ace - 300 / 300: Rise of an Empire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

I remember Sculpt4ever had a nice Eva Green sculpt.

1d1b61604b62256d264f4d7eee2e1e85.JPG

Yep. Like the Hot Toys Gamora. I know some might have wanted her to not have seamless elbows, but it looks so much better the way it is. All the joints are basically hidden on that figure. Really ups the look of realism to me. Buuuuuuuuut .....

I know you really want a seamless Leonidas, & I actually wouldn't mind that at all. But at the same time, I already have a seamless Leonidas right now, so I wouldn't mind a jointed Leonidas that I could really get into some nice action poses. My HT figure is basically a statue right now. I don't want double jointed elbows or knees though. Those look horrible, & are only okay for fully dressed figures I reckon.

I don't mind single jointed elbows, like on muscle bodies, but it's those double jointed elbows that are ugly as hell.

Overall though, I'd prefer single jointed elbows as I am just weary about rubber bodies.

Yeah, single jointed plastic bodies are what I want. I've had no issues with my LA Thor, but I still don't like rubber. The ugly rubber suit on AC Batman is why I still haven't bought him.

Has star ace done a single jointed muscle body before. I am not much aware about star aces work and hence the question. Cause while we debate the longevity of rubber a poorly jointed body is an altogether a different night mare! I am all for variety, so for me I will be happy with the aci rubber body figure and will pick up any and every other "if better" accessory from star ace (if they ace aci) .
But not sure if they have done any muscle body before. Also I think someone said its way too thin. So not sure if they will change that! If it's plastic it should at least be accurate enough to not give a generic feeling!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Dave said the body shown was a static body (like they did with Selene I guess), & that it wouldn't be a generic muscle body. That sounds cool.
The body that Leonidas was displayed on is an early prototype and a static body with no articulation. The final body will be articulated and a bit bulkier in the chest.
As I mentioned - the Star Ace body will be a bit bulkier. It also won't be generic but specifically modeled after the character in the film. Themistocles will also have different parts on the body to make it resemble his body in the film.

Ditto.

Dave, will they be doing more giveaways/Comps at any point?

Yeah, I know. But their popularity is slowly building. So, hopefully they'll get more people entering next time.

Back