1/6 SSC Snake Plissken Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Snake. Other than no weathering on the jacket I'm pretty happy with him.
I did have to heat up his left arm a lot to get it to bend.

Looks really good. Your paint shows off the nice sculpt underneath.

i love your work robbie and am honored you liked what i did - thank you :)

8bit, where u from?

i'm from the united states

Great job 8Bit!! I weathered up my boots with a black wash, but I am going to add a dry brushing of raw/burnt sienna if that is the similar color pallet you chose!!

:clap

thanks buddy :) i used some MIG 'dry mud' mixed with acrylic resin for the mud, some highlights & washes were added to emphasize the leather stress in key places and some general wear & tear.

yes, raw/burnt sienna should work well i'd think :)

here's the final figure :)

Excellent work all round, 8-bit. :clap

However, I don't think there's any saving that jacket, no matter what you do to it. Don't know what Sideshow were thinking when they designed it because it looks as though Kurt went into the wardrobe department and picked up somebody else's. :(

On the bright side the figure does look a hell of lot better without it! :)

thank you kuat of kuat :) i tried to do the best i could with what sideshow provided. i'm not a huge fan of the base body, but i wanted to just use what was provided from the factory.

I got mine 2 days ago and i have admit, in hand, it is a much better figure than in pictures. The head sculpt does look like Kurt Russell. May be not 100%, but i was not disappointed. If you have any doubts about this figure, get over it and buy this figure especially for the price.

One thing i did do is, I purchased a spare jacket which i weathered with a simple nail file. I also got the jacket a week before i received the figure so i decide to get one of my extra naked 1/6 scale bodies place the jacket on it, and I wrapped it with rubber bands so the jacket would drape and fit the Snake figure a little more naturally.

Some negatives to be aware of that have already been mentioned
1. lack of ankle pivot on the boots.
2. The elbows are way too tight.
3. the beard is too dark.

I grew up and still like in NYC, and I was a kid in the 1980's so characters like Snake Plissken take me back. Now please give me 1/6 scale R.J. MacReady from The Thing and Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China.

2015-03-12 13.10.34-3.jpg

2015-03-12 13.07.38.jpg

2015-03-12 13.07.58-1.jpg

2015-03-12 13.08.38.jpg

2015-03-12 13.08.21.jpg

Nice pics. That left hand is for his tracker thing, its so unnatural looking. I tried it for his cigarette then put it right back in the box. His elbows look like switchblades when bent, good thing you keep his jacket on.

WOW! 8-bit, those pics look fantastic! Snake's skin looks so life like. Great work man.

thanks man - i really appreciate it. the head matches the body now which was a major peeve of mine. sadly i'm not a huge fan of the body or it's color, so it's a a mixed bag. i didn't want to base coat the rubber neck or torso to avoid abrasion so i just stippled minimal colors on it to blend. i'm too financially strapped to switch out the body as well.

Wow, awesome work on that. With the gorgeous paintjob and all that extra detail, it looks like it could almost be a HT figure now!

thank you sir - i really appreciate that. there's definitely some potential in the figure but i was pretty let down when i received the factory piece. if i could do it again and had the extra money for a replacement body i'd use something else.

Last edited:
working on customizing the stand currently - here's my progress to share :)

WORK IN PROGRESS - 70%

a lot more detailing to do plus some additional debris and some odds & ends needs to be added

base sides currently masked off with blue tape :)

Dang dude! This just keeps getting better. Killer job on the stand, that is a great idea, looks so much better.

Dang dude! This just keeps getting better. Killer job on the stand, that is a great idea, looks so much better.

thanks droidgeek :) it's been a lot of fun making it :)

i'm almost finished - i know i'll fart around with it a bit more so i'll say 95%

also forgot to wipe the sides down o_O

i made the pipe look like an abstract snake :)

Last edited:
8-Bit, I love, love it. Everything is top notch, but what puts it over the edge for me is the custom newspaper; very meta and well done. Do tell, did you modify Snake's ankles?

I can't stop looking at all the details of the stand. It looks AWESOME!! The New York Post just blows me away!

Back