1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_9287_2_small.jpg

IMG_9303_2_small.jpg

IMG_9323_2_small.jpg

That looks incredible, Agonistes! And thanks for the step-by-step pics.

The only criticism I would say is that the dome looks slightly undersized vertically. It's because there isn't a dome that fits the Kaiyodo perfectly - the SSC DX one is a little too small, and the Hasbro (and I've heard the HT also) is a little too large. It's what has had me stumped for months in my Kaiyodo build-up.

The good news is that HUrricane is just now finishing a new custom dome that is tailored to the Kaiyodo mask (they have all three of the others to work with.) I'm just waiting on pics any day now. :pray:

Thanks. :) The dome is the least accurate part, yeah. Will have to get in contact with Mrs. H to see if I can upgrade, although I'm perfectly fine with the current one as well. :)

Look great. :)

-------------------

After a couple of months of work, I finally finished my Vader today!
I made him a new inner robe after all, from the same material I made the cape out of. I sewed some folds into the top, so it's easier to drape it properly. Also shortened the skirt of his dome some more.

I think he finally passes the man-in-a-suit test. :)

IMG_9287_2_small.jpg

IMG_9256_4_small.jpg

IMG_9261_3_small.jpg

IMG_9295_3_small.jpg

IMG_9238_3_small.jpg

IMG_9244_3_small.jpg

IMG_9249_3_small.jpg

IMG_9241_2_small.jpg

IMG_9235_2_small.jpg

IMG_9303_2_small.jpg

IMG_9323_2_small.jpg

Here you are, Mrs!

Fantastic looking vaders:clap

so who has the balls now to post a photo, after those awesome custom Vader pics...!

alright, alright, there I go... just wanted to post some pics of my kitbash Vader progress!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks great, but my god that hot toys suit is terrible with all those creases. Aside from that, great job.

Wow ..... Harsh... But fair cop, can see what HT were trying to do with suit.... But not happy with it.... Too much bulk , stripes look over padded and crotch too low ...going to go back to the Sideshow Ep1 version and maybe tailor in at legs and arms a bit....

Back