1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the last version of mine (next to HT Vader):
- HT Body (broken shoulder, actually);
- Hasbro dome and adapted neckplug;
- HT boots with stock shinguards;
-SSC ANH saber (just for posing);
everything else is V1 stock.
Vaders.jpg

With Bespin Luke (who's saber is natural while Vader's is PShopped)
Vaderluke.jpg

Finally manged to get a Hot Toys Vader head! Anyone know what kind of neck peg is supposed to fit it? I wanted to upgrade my SS ROTJ Vader with the HT helmet, but I can't seem to find a neck peg (either sideshow or my hot toys parts) that fits it.

EDIT: Found a neck peg that would work. I flipped it so the smaller side would go into the helmet instead of the neck and used some cotton to tighten up the fit.

Last edited:
Finally took some pictures of my custom Vader with the new SSC v2 suit. The hands are still WIP as you can see.
I replaces the lower body with a muscular Kaustic, in order to have a smaller pelvis/thinner waist. Still not sure if the upper body is too large, any opinions? Might dremel the chest and ribcage some more to slim it down.
The HT (tall) Stormtrooper is just for size comparison.

IMG_0535_2_small.jpg

IMG_0540_2_small.jpg

Incredible Yannick! Just when I thought you couldn't improve him anymore and I took your recipe. Your gloves were great, give it a rest! The body I used on mine is pretty much the same as yours due to your instructions, so was the fit for the new jumpsuit good? Would think you maybe had to pad a bit since we shaved so much down for the HTs jumpsuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally took some pictures of my custom Vader with the new SSC v2 suit. The hands are still WIP as you can see.
I replaces the lower body with a muscular Kaustic, in order to have a smaller pelvis/thinner waist. Still not sure if the upper body is too large, any opinions? Might dremel the chest and ribcage some more to slim it down.
The HT (tall) Stormtrooper is just for size comparison.

IMG_0535_2_small.jpg

IMG_0540_2_small.jpg

Looks nice! Is that the SSC ESB/ROTJ chest armor? The problem with the very-tall SSC Vaders is they are harder to scale down because the pieces themselves are slightly oversized. The common thing on reduced height SSC Vaders is the boots come up above the knees a bit, not sure on the shoulders/armor though.

Looks nice! Is that the SSC ESB/ROTJ chest armor? The problem with the very-tall SSC Vaders is they are harder to scale down because the pieces themselves are slightly oversized. The common thing on reduced height SSC Vaders is the boots come up above the knees a bit, not sure on the shoulders/armor though.

Thanks.
It's the kaiyodo chest armor. Only SSC parts are the belt and chestbox, upper body (chest and arms, slimmed down), shoulder bells (shortened), codpiece (modded), and dome (shortened).

Thanks.
It's the kaiyodo chest armor. Only SSC parts are the belt and chestbox, upper body (chest and arms, slimmed down), shoulder bells (shortened), codpiece (modded), and dome (shortened).

Your dome looks a touch too low for ESB, making the helmet look a bit vertically squashed. That might also be what's throwing the proportions off a little.

Also, the Kaiyodo/Hurricane facemasks suffer from no dome being available to perfectly match it. The one based on the DX dome is a tiny bit too small, and the Hasbro one a bit big - though I think Hurricane has made a new custom dome that suits better.

:clap agonistes86, you are on the right way! Great vader, quote Talibane about the dome...and don't be afraid...mr H is working for us....

Your dome looks a touch too low for ESB, making the helmet look a bit vertically squashed. That might also be what's throwing the proportions off a little.

Also, the Kaiyodo/Hurricane facemasks suffer from no dome being available to perfectly match it. The one based on the DX dome is a tiny bit too small, and the Hasbro one a bit big - though I think Hurricane has made a new custom dome that suits better.

:clap agonistes86, you are on the right way! Great vader, quote Talibane about the dome...and don't be afraid...mr H is working for us....

Thanks, guys.
Good call on pulling the dome up a bit, that does help with the proportions. It's only on there with blu-tack, so I have to reposition it every time I futz him.
I'm on the list for hurricane's new dome. He made a new ANH dome, and apparently then modifies each individually into a ESB/ROTJ version.

Thanks, guys.
Good call on pulling the dome up a bit, that does help with the proportions. It's only on there with blu-tack, so I have to reposition it every time I futz him.
I'm on the list for hurricane's new dome. He made a new ANH dome, and apparently then modifies each individually into a ESB/ROTJ version.

Sorry, but where is that hurricane new dome available? Thanks!

Sorry, but where is that hurricane new dome available? Thanks!

I contacted mrshurricane a few months ago via PM, was put on a list for these. She posted new shots of the ESB/ROTJ version a few days ago here, so it seems we're getting close. :) Send another PM today to see what's the status of these.

Has anyone ever tried putting the HT Boot shoe [emoji151] on the SS version?

Also...could someone tell me again how to put the HT head on the SS body haha.

Made some new gloves for my Vader. I used the TFA Snowtrooper relaxed hands, painted them black, and added new sleeves/cuffs to it.
Now the only thing missing is the new hurricane dome, and I'm finally done. :)

IMG_2018_2_small.jpg

IMG_2017_2_small.jpg

IMG_1916_2_small.jpg

IMG_2011_3_small.jpg

IMG_2005_2_small.jpg

And an outtake from the shoot:
IMG_1943_4_small.jpg

Back