1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have any recommendations on a replacement chain for the cape? I went to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, JoAnnes, etc. and could not find a comparable metal chain that would work. They are all either too big or too small. My plastic chain snapped off and broke.

In between the time I lost my chain and the time I found it, I used a thin black wire in its place. Very stealth, couldn't even see it.

I definitely want to use a metal chain though. I thought it would be an easy and simple thing to replace but it's proving not to be so simple.

You need to find a store that sells model trains. Worst case scenario, you can go to someplace that sells necklaces and get a necklace chain and cut it down to the size you need.

A question for those that have shrunk their Vaders. How much did you have to cut the cape? How did you go about cutting it without ruining it, just steel ruler and a sharp blade?

I haven't touched the cape - probably won't. But if I was going to, I'd probably attack the collar as it has a better chance of being unstitched, uncovered, cut and re-stitched without any visible signs of modification.

I have a ventress blade. I hate the new thick blades as well. I wonder if I could make a better one with her blade! very interesting. but I think I am going to have to buy another vader blade so I can at least break one of those before breaking my one and only blade. this thread has helped a ton. I will be back! the new blades remind me of the Gentle Giant mini bust blades etc. never like how thick those were

I have a ventress blade. I hate the new thick blades as well. I wonder if I could make a better one with her blade! very interesting. but I think I am going to have to buy another vader blade so I can at least break one of those before breaking my one and only blade. this thread has helped a ton. I will be back! the new blades remind me of the Gentle Giant mini bust blades etc. never like how thick those were

I actually managed on mine to slightly twist the blade and the glue separated. Now I can remove the blade and place it back in.

Anybody have any recommendations on a replacement chain for the cape? I went to Michaels, Hobby Lobby, JoAnnes, etc. and could not find a comparable metal chain that would work. They are all either too big or too small. My plastic chain snapped off and broke.

Not sure if these chain links are small enough, but you could check these guys for plastic and metal chains respectively:

https://www.birdsupplynh.com/catalo...d=197&osCsid=66f5a5049f5fe860714e79f7e9686030

https://www.inlandproducts.com/split_rings_ball_chain.htm

A question for those that have shrunk their Vaders. How much did you have to cut the cape? How did you go about cutting it without ruining it, just steel ruler and a sharp blade?

I cut 2cm from the bottom of my cape and it looks good. Just be sure to measure well mark and use good sewing scissors.

what i did was buy a generic body, regular TT generic, forgot the brand and added plumbers tape to thicken thighs, wrists and ankles. I dremmeled the inside of the ankles so that the boots would fit. Naturally, the body is small and skinny so i added cotton inside the the body suit. The body swap allows the arms to bend more allowing the hand on belt look. I will find the brand of the body so if anyone is interested they'll have it. I used the painted a hasbro dome a gloss black and use painter's tape on the helmet to allow for a adjusted look rather than glue which is permanent.

Here are some more pics, any questions just ask.

Last edited:
Something about the Hasbro dome looks too big on the ESB mask. Still don't like the 2.0 bodysuit. I used the 1.0 bodysuit on mine. I think it looks and fits much better. Mine is on a KP02 body.

Something about the Hasbro dome looks too big on the ESB mask. Still don't like the 2.0 bodysuit. I used the 1.0 bodysuit on mine. I think it looks and fits much better. Mine is on a KP02 body.

Can u provide us with some pic bud??

Back