1/6 SSC ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader Modification Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody here good with electrical stuff know of a way to hardwire the belt and chestbox up so that it runs off of a DC power supply? I'd really like to display this in a Detolf with continuous power and not have to worry about batteries. Something I have also been wanting to do with the Tron Lightcycle.

Anybody here good with electrical stuff know of a way to hardwire the belt and chestbox up so that it runs off of a DC power supply? I'd really like to display this in a Detolf with continuous power and not have to worry about batteries. Something I have also been wanting to do with the Tron Lightcycle.

PM Pixelpiper. He is working on this along with awesome cold cathode sabers.

Hi guys! Here's my custom ROTJ Vader, as I said before, he's on a Hot Toys TTM-20 Body following chillipeps instructions (shortening neck and extending the ankles on the body) I also trimmed the cape and tunic by 2 to 2.5cm on the bottom and made some custom wrist pins to extend the forearms a bit.

The final touch was a custom pleather body suit that Katkuru was awesome enough to make for me! If you guys want to do this same mod I do have to warn you that Katkurus suits are made for the stock vader and not the TTM-20, so I did have to take it to a tailor to get it refitted to the new body which was super fast and my tailor only charged me $3 for it. I totally recommend this suit, it actually looks like the real thing and is a good alternative to getting the ANH suit which is pretty hard to find. I even find this suit a lot better than the ANH suit anyway, cuz this one is really leather (fake leather of course) and has real stitches to make the pattern.

I do know that this body makes Vader look a bit buffer than he looks on screen but I prefer that a thousand times more than the stock wimpy Vader. David Prowse was a bodybuilder anyway so let's just say that this guy looks like he can eat jedi's for breakfast instead of getting pummeled to death by a band of teenage Ewoks...

I'm posting a couple pics so you can see how it looks, I shot it with my cellphone so I warn you that it does look a lot better in real life (the cellphone lens distorts a little because its too wide angle). Once I get my DSLR from work I'll post some better more professional pics.

I also took some pics of vader with some of my other figures so you can see how he scales up with them on the new body. I know they're all on their bases but these are all pretty much the same height (they only differ by a milimeter give or take, so nothing serious). The medicom ROTJ Boba Fett height might throw you off a bit because he's also custom (TTM-22 Slim body Mod following PJB-1138's instructions), therefore he's a lot taller than the stock version.

I hope you enjoy and let me know what you guys think! If you have questions about anything just send me a PM or post here, thanks for all your help with project guys!

photo storage

free upload image

image hosting no registration

screenshot software

uploading images

picture uploading

jpg images

free image upload

By the way does anybody know how to fix the wiring on Vaders belt? Mine has never lit up well since I got him, it kind of comes and goes depending how they're placed. The chest box does work perfectly at least. I'm also looking for a cathode lightsaber for this guy, luke and possibly the ROTS Yoda.

I dig the suit. It looks prettu close to the movie. It has those wrinkles and looks worn, imperfect unlike the new Vader suit.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Maybe be can see him with his cape on and kneeing on the ginormous stand SSC gave us?

G5-1210568_zps92e570df.jpg

G5-1210570_zps1aaf8aed.jpg

Hi guys! Here's my custom ROTJ Vader, as I said before, he's on a Hot Toys TTM-20 Body following chillipeps instructions (shortening neck and extending the ankles on the body) I also trimmed the cape and tunic by 2 to 2.5cm on the bottom and made some custom wrist pins to extend the forearms a bit.

The final touch was a custom pleather body suit that Katkuru was awesome enough to make for me! If you guys want to do this same mod I do have to warn you that Katkurus suits are made for the stock vader and not the TTM-20, so I did have to take it to a tailor to get it refitted to the new body which was super fast and my tailor only charged me $3 for it. I totally recommend this suit, it actually looks like the real thing and is a good alternative to getting the ANH suit which is pretty hard to find. I even find this suit a lot better than the ANH suit anyway, cuz this one is really leather (fake leather of course) and has real stitches to make the pattern.

I do know that this body makes Vader look a bit buffer than he looks on screen but I prefer that a thousand times more than the stock wimpy Vader. David Prowse was a bodybuilder anyway so let's just say that this guy looks like he can eat jedi's for breakfast instead of getting pummeled to death by a band of teenage Ewoks...

I'm posting a couple pics so you can see how it looks, I shot it with my cellphone so I warn you that it does look a lot better in real life (the cellphone lens distorts a little because its too wide angle). Once I get my DSLR from work I'll post some better more professional pics.

I also took some pics of vader with some of my other figures so you can see how he scales up with them on the new body. I know they're all on their bases but these are all pretty much the same height (they only differ by a milimeter give or take, so nothing serious). The medicom ROTJ Boba Fett height might throw you off a bit because he's also custom (TTM-22 Slim body Mod following PJB-1138's instructions), therefore he's a lot taller than the stock version.

I hope you enjoy and let me know what you guys think! If you have questions about anything just send me a PM or post here, thanks for all your help with project guys!

photo storage

free upload image

That Katkuru bodysuit is PERFECT! I want one!

Looks good, is it me or do the arms look a lot shorter than the stock one?

Yeah the stock arms are longer in the bicep, although the stock body has some very strange proportions all around. the Hot Toys TTM-20 body is actually 1/6 anatomically correct but what happens is that the sideshow Vader definitely isn't, he's just way to big. So what happens is that when you reduce his overall size doing a body swap the gloves are slightly bigger than what they should be so they cover up too much of the forearm, making the arms look stumpy.

With the forearm extensions I got mine to little pretty good but the pose and angle of the pictures aren't helping. Perspective is hiding the length of the arm. Later I'll post a pic of Vader in another pose so you can see a more outstretched arm and compare.

Nice job weaponslayer - that bodysuit is excellent! :duff

The HT muscle body just elevates it that much more - it really looks like Prowse under there now.

The stock figure is such a disappointment.. :lol

Thanks Vintij! I'm posting some new pics in an outstretched two handed lightsaber pose. They're not the best pictures in the world but that way you can see the arms from a different angle.

In this pic you can understand why the Ewoks thought C-3PO was a god haha.

If your wondering, the AT-AT in the back is from the Star Wars Miniatures Game, if you haven't tried it out it's pretty awesome, it's like Heroclix for Star Wars and covers almost all the expanded Universe too.

photo storage

free upload image

image hosting no registration

screenshot software

uploading images

picture uploading

jpg images

free image upload

Excellent. More pictures, please. This is one of the best mods I have seen that's on the easier to handle side. Well done.

Does anything special need to be done to get Sideshow's ANH Vader's boots and shins onto their stock RotJ body?

Looks sweet LOPIE! And I thought that this stock Vader was huge! But it's nothing compared to the mammoth of the ANH version! What is it 15 inches tall?

Back