1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont get me wrong or take this the wrong way...(he is a really nice figure and im glad that you guys like him how he came)..but the SSC one just doesn't say "destro" to me..you know? i had the same problem with their 88 SS...
now i suppose that if gi joe was created today, they would all be more like their sideshow counter parts...but if you want classic card art/figures....they really miss the mark....lol...

and this isnt a shameless plug about my suits or anything like that....just what i really think....now, i do have them all as well...and most of the figures are really good and really close to what they should be..but some are really off the mark....or am i the only one who thinks that? lol....

I like that Sideshow Destro doesn't have the open chest, and the super tight suit. He looks more like a real life Destro to me, a shadey arms dealer and not a flamboyant weapons salesman. He looks like he's straight out of the new comics and so does Storm Shadow.

AND I really like Spider Rogues progress on the classic 80's Destro too :)

I like that Sideshow Destro doesn't have the open chest, and the super tight suit. He looks more like a real life Destro to me, a shadey arms dealer and not a flamboyant weapons salesman.

Destro.jpg

Well, to be fair, at least they got the accent right. :lol

I added the Darth Malgus additional thigh muscles and the Hot Toys Storm Shadow padded underbody suit to give him more bulk.

I'm not done customizing him, i plan to exchange his hands so he can hold a gun and his brief case and i might add knee pads.

View attachment 118102

HEY!!!

HE'S GOT 2 COATS ON!!
Take one off and try again.

I added the Darth Malgus additional thigh muscles and the Hot Toys Storm Shadow padded underbody suit to give him more bulk.

I'm not done customizing him, i plan to exchange his hands so he can hold a gun and his brief case and i might add knee pads.

View attachment 118105

Those thighs are win, sure make those legs look much better.

The truth is that straight out of the box the Destro figure was a little underwhelming because the body, while taller then other figures due to the leg extenders , needed more bulk . The clothes fit extremely loose. The true type advanced muscular body would be perfect, but I'm not got mess around with pegs so the hands , boots and head fit appropriately. As I kid I remember Destro being voiced by some dude with a deep powerful voice. A strong voice like that of James Earl Jones or Orsen Wells. My figure needed to live up to the memories. The skinny figure I bought now lives up to my memories but only after some customization .

Last edited:
The truth is that straight out of the box the Destro figure was a little underwhelming because the body, while taller then other figures due to the leg extenders , needed more bulk . The clothes fit extremely loose. The true type advanced muscular body would be perfect, but I'm not got mess around with pegs so the hands , boots and head fit appropriately. As I kid I remember Destro being voiced by some dude with a deep powerful voice. A strong voice like that of James Earl Jones or Orsen Wells. My figure needed to live up to the memories. The skinny figure I bought now lives up to my memories but only after some customization .

I'm no expert in customizations but was able to make it work on a TTM-20 with modification to the neck....no work needed to fit the boots and hands just use the TT pegs with them. I can tell you that the fig looks MUCH better on the beefier body. good luck.

Swapped out Destro's gloves with Crimson Guard gloves and he now can hold his brief case...Also the gloves brings out the Red some more

100_6721.JPG

Well, I'm done customizing my Destro. The last thing i did, inspired by others on the Forum, was add the CC V2 hands so that he can hold his gun and case.

SAM_0980_zpsc0586e06.jpg

SAM_0981_zpsc5b3dab1.jpg

SAM_0984_zps035c3cf2.jpg

Bsught some magic sculpt to make new neck I'll get destro tomorrow hopefully finish him next week. Just painted tactical gloves silver don't know who there from monkey depot doesn't even know lol. I like the fist gripper I can put a knife in it.

How long do you think it'll be before this hits the giftcard list?

I like the figure and am keen to pick him up but I would like to save
some pennys.

Back