1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a destro to see if i would like the heads. Hated the headsculpt that he came wearing couldn't sell it fast enough with the body lol. I had to switch neck post on KP02 but overall nice look and the sculpt fit's the body. I'd really tell my honest opinion but i have been watching daria for 2 hrs and Janeane Garofalo's essence is in me and I might make people mad. So I will say what i do like.
the iron mask does look pretty sweet in a Sadomasochistic kinda way where only the baroness knows the safe word. Let's just say the key probably is a reward for being a good boy. That being said his accessories is the only thing carrying this guy to the finish line just barely.

The clothes are nicely tailored just feel that they belonged on someone else, I'm sure others love him straight out of the box, but coming from someone who waited since the 80's to see him realized beyond the Hasbro fiasco's 1/6 scale jokes. I feel i will just have to pick up where sideshow left off and finish him the way I want him. See I was nice and I didn't even have to pop a blood vessel. I know I am suppose to play ball and say that everything these companies make is royal treasures, and honesty is bad very bad and schmoozing is what companies like to hear I know i have been told that. Which is why I will probably never work for Sideshow because what would sell doesn't help the bottom line niceness does.

What works for him is this:
exclusive head
his weapons bag (even though it's heavy and i wory arm will pop out of socket if he held it for to long.)
the tracking device is nice for decoration even if i can't see the image well.
Hands might work for a B.A.T.S figure they kinda look robotic (see i recycle)
if i ever make a spoof Dracula that jacket just might come in handy
the vest ( i got nothing)
pants useful wardrobe sure someone can wear it.
padded leggings perfect on kp02 he now has a butt
necklace is wonderful It works for my agenda (gold star)
laser rifle is perfect spot on also (gold star)
Boots (gold star)
The key not sure where to put it but I'll keep it only for baronesses freedom
the magnum i am giving to someone else I felt the German stand by the luger is more his preference.( no one argues with a classic)
I was surprised just how skinny destro is (d-)
Finally Gauntlets (this laser pistol and the head should be sought out the rest you could theoretically manufacture yourself.)

All in all He was a so so purchase thats why i dont feel bad for selling off the parts i don't need.

Last edited:
I don't know man. I like it. I know I may be in the vocal minority but I think it's a pretty cool figure. I mean, I can look at it and say "Yeah, that's Destro." Put it this way, he fits in with the rest of the line. I love the gauntlets, briefcase, the laser pistol, the necklace, key, Ex. portrait, tracker, tablet, Desert Eagle. Even the vest is pretty OK to me. The body could be better but how many years have we been B****ing about the Pro? Just about every Joe had to be ported to an appropriate body, especially the early ones. Just my .o2, but he completes the Cobra High Command and that warrants a purchase from me, right there. Just a bonus that the figure has its merits. Nothing in this line will ever be worse than Flint. I just wish we got more characters instead of variants, repaints, and popular characters revisited.

Giftcard? This monkey will be a contest giveaway for years.

It is a shame too, lot of Joe figures have sat on the SS shelves way too long...my LCS has one of the last 10 figures in the line...they don't sell...

It is a shame too, lot of Joe figures have sat on the SS shelves way too long...my LCS has one of the last 10 figures in the line...they don't sell...

Look how long it took them to sell out of CGs, and that was a troop. I think that was the writing on the wall for how low the sales had gotten. :(

Sad sad day as I collect Destro today, it marks the end of the SS Joe line. What happened to the prototype Grunt they shown?

I'm still bothered that they didn't release Tomax and Xamot after they released the Crimson Guards.

Anyway, very happy with my purchase. Didn't see any fault with the right hand that holds his gun, mine can also hold the heavy case that he comes with.

10397183_501005936711348_6982693540569014094_o.jpg

I believe and have even told Hasbro about this if they made the figures like the card art, comic or cartoon people would be buying these left and right. when you make a spin on things people tend to have reserved feelings towards buying them. I even told hasbro if they would have started the 25th ann figures as 6" figures they would have sold better. Since there demographic are people are age we tend to like bigger and better things. Although Hasbro's 3" figures finally look better than they once came out like i wanted bigger. I'm kinda old and don't want to look for teeny tiny weapons. 6" figure weapons are easier to locate if they hit the floor.

that being said sideshow did a good effort the 1st release was a nice set but we are a picky lot and when people like companies mess with are childhood we tend to not go and buy these things as fast as they hope. If sideshow kept it to the era these would be purchased more because of nostalgia reasons. I'm not wrong on this because they did studies on this where people tend to collect things they remember from childhood and the more it looks like said item the more the item sells.

I'm not saying there approach was wrong to make it fresh and edgy but as they can see by in stock items that just sit that is why when you take a risk like that it will have mixed results. If they produced roadblock and scarlet more to the letter they will see a difference in sales.

In my opinion if they made scarlett with chest armor like baroness without the snake ribs but smooth tan with a web belt to hold grenade on left side shoulder and her red patch on right side shoulder that lifts up to release and her bottom half like this
WOHKEB820003WHI_5_zoom.jpg
accept tan with silver o ring with a grey body suit and belt equipped with silent weapons a backpack quiver with pouches for weapons
and molded 2" verson stack heel chunky.
il_340x270.489560498_kvrm.jpg with a knee high rubber sleeve
and include grey military pants (for someone who wants her differently)
they would cover all there bases.
this is a good example of making something modern and edgy but withing scope of reason that would sell item.
and if they made her headsculpt where she had removable ponytails with different action looks that rotate this would be awesome and an angry expression as well this render looks nice for face granted she was a terrible actress.
g-i-joe-gijoe-com-totally-revamped-for-the-rise-of-cobra-generals-joes-a-248760.jpg
I wouldn't be apposed to a pony tail head and a hair let down head

these weapons straped to right leg as well as govt issue blade on left leg would be nice. the rest of image is terrible.
g_i__joe_scarlett_by_riveda1972-d64w3it.jpg

I would gladly offer some advice to sideshow if they would take it. I'm usually right on stuff like this and currently working on my own scarlett the final draft i hope. Just wish i could find a better bootfeet that look like above chunky heel so the heel isn't nearly flat but isn't spikes like hooker heels that's more baronesses stuff.

belive me id make better figures if i had more at my disposal. i hate being limited because im not a sculptor.

Last edited:
If this was the figure Sideshow had given us I would have bought it. Such a simple and effective design but it works. When you try to reinvent the wheel you are just asking for disappointment.

Great job on the custom figure but I wouldn't have bought that version of Destro since he doesn't fit in with the SS line. Fantastic throwback to the original costume though!

Back