1/6 SSC Destro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original figure always gave me the impression Destro was wearing leather. The cartoon and comics look more like he's wearing spandex. To me, spandex seems more hokey like he's a superhero. I agree that a leather material would look better (I actually have leather pants on mine temporarily) but also be much more limiting for poseability.

nah..the shiny suit that im doing..he can move...check out my thread for pics of me posing him....there is a lot more movement on them, then you guys think....

and TBH...the whole reg HS is growing on me..looks more and more like destro each time i look at it...

Last edited:
Nice improvements on the collar Spider Rogue.

You responded about the puffy collar post I made.

Would be helpful if you replied with a quote to know in what context your comments are referencing either the cloth collar or the horrible example Spider showed as to why he is not going the puffy collar route. :rolleyes2

Finally got to unbox Destro...pictures don't do him justice. He's a great figure that continues the blending of ARAH homage and Sideshow modernism. I preferred the EX sculpt, much better than the standard. Here are my pics:

3ab2c234cacef4667e6a19df82732e06.jpg

b09a7e879b09536e5205972521402af3.jpg

8c3205fc9a4594543783d9514b3e8365.jpg

ca1b62d0d18494f05744ce0e0373c0a8.jpg

Would be helpful if you replied with a quote to know in what context your comments are referencing either the cloth collar or the horrible example Spider showed as to why he is not going the puffy collar route. :rolleyes2

Yeah, you only had the lecture animated gif in your actual post, everything else was quoted. So when I went to quote you, all I got was a :lecture

Back on topic, that collar sure is looking great :clap

Yeah, you only had the lecture animated gif in your actual post, everything else was quoted. So when I went to quote you, all I got was a :lecture

Back on topic, that collar sure is looking great :clap

:lol STILL have no idea which one of SR's you were referring to specifically but I guess it doesn't really matter. Moving on...

:lol STILL have no idea which one of SR's you were referring to specifically but I guess it doesn't really matter. Moving on...

My bad, didn't mean anything negative. Just pointing out, I was proven wrong with the puffy pic.

I do like the cloth on the collar, makes it look more like a part of the outfit. I wonder if using a shiny material to match the suit would work, or if it would be too much?

I added the Darth Malgus additional thigh muscles and the Hot Toys Storm Shadow padded underbody suit to give him more bulk.

I'm not done customizing him, i plan to exchange his hands so he can hold a gun and his brief case and i might add knee pads.

SAM_0946_zps28057304.jpg

SAM_0950_zpsb7a23f3f.jpg

SAM_0951_zpsb08d4cfd.jpg

SAM_0952_zps65a20834.jpg

SAM_0953_zps2690557c.jpg

SAM_0954_zpsf1a88b95.jpg

Prepare for a barrage of the "you can't use the vest and coat at the same time" posts. Lol!!

First good pics I've seen with the vest and coat. Looks cool to me.

dont get me wrong or take this the wrong way...(he is a really nice figure and im glad that you guys like him how he came)..but the SSC one just doesn't say "destro" to me..you know? i had the same problem with their 88 SS...
now i suppose that if gi joe was created today, they would all be more like their sideshow counter parts...but if you want classic card art/figures....they really miss the mark....lol...

and this isnt a shameless plug about my suits or anything like that....just what i really think....now, i do have them all as well...and most of the figures are really good and really close to what they should be..but some are really off the mark....or am i the only one who thinks that? lol....

Last edited:
I like what Sideshow did with Destro...as they have done with ALL their releases. Give us the classic ARAH character with a modern update. Beachhead had the "popeye" head sculpt and red beret. Firefly had the winter jacket. Viper had the "tanker" head sculpt.

I like the options Destro has. Two head sculpts. A vest or trenchcoat. Two pistols. Two pendants - classic ruby or key to Baroness' heart. The courier case with hidden compartment.

I prefer the riveted head sculpt and the vest. Tomorrow it might be the Arnold head and trenchcoat. So many display options. He is great, but understandably not everyone's cup of tea after reading the heated posts.

Back