1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the Hoth backdrop where did you source that ? would like to the same with my trooper...

It's a bunch of Photoshop work done to this original image:

hoth-550x261.jpg

Awesome stuff! I really hope Hot Toys makes a Snowtrooper. I don't have the one Sideshow made, but the Snowtrooper is one of my favorite troopers.

Decent deal on an exclusive just popped up on eBay if anyone is still looking for that one.

I'm pretty tempted. The Probe Droid looks lonely on his shelf.

How is the body on this guy? I have a spare Slim-body now that I had to return my second scout trooper.

Body is same/similar to the scout. Arms have that same angle around the shoulders, though I don't think the arms look as awkward on the snowtrooper as the scout's. It has issues, but I'm a big fan of the figure. Looks great with the probe droid.

Body is same/similar to the scout. Arms have that same angle around the shoulders, though I don't think the arms look as awkward on the snowtrooper as the scout's. It has issues, but I'm a big fan of the figure. Looks great with the probe droid.

Tempting, tempting. Hope it's still up when I get my money back for the scout trooper.

Were you guys talking about the exclusive with the damaged internal packaging and removed and glued armor that the seller says won't fit back in the box at $219? If so, F that, I wouldn't have touched that crap, the whole thing sounded sketchy as all hell.

Check if he'll let you ship it to a US address and if so I'm happy to receive it for you and re-mail it to Sweden tracked and insured (I can let you know how much that will cost ahead of time if you want).

Messaged him to ask why and he said it's cause it's a hassle to ship internationally yet it's listed as shipping to UK, Australia and Malaysia...

Fine, don't take my money.

Here's one explanation: There are cheaper tracking options available shipping to those three places via USPS First Class. For Sweden you need to upgrade to Priority service which is much more expensive to receive tracking.

Just got this figure from a Japanese site PLAMOYA : Anime Gundam Models Figures Manga Japanese Hobby Shop
It's my very first 1/6 scale figure and it is pretty damn cool.
Can anyone suggest a good acrylic display case for him that doesn't cost a fortune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not get an Ikea Detolf? Like you, I started with 1 with its own display case using few of this...

Model Cover Round 29 Black by Hobby Base | HobbyLink Japan

Then it started to grow. I ended up doing this...

IMG_3172.JPG

Still have few more spaces for my future figures and models.

Why not get an Ikea Detolf? Like you, I started with 1 with its own display case using few of this...

Model Cover Round 29 Black by Hobby Base | HobbyLink Japan

Then it started to grow. I ended up doing this...

View attachment 217851

Still have few more spaces for my future figures and models.

I do plan on getting a Detolf at some point. They're a good deal at $70. The closest ikea to me is almost 2 hours away so I'm in no rush. And I'm not paying $160 for shipping.
BTW, thanks for the link to the case [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just keep your expectations low, after all it's a sideshow product

For me the only problem albeit a big one is the body, I haven't seen a lot of people in the thread that had broken figures or a lot of stuff loose in the box as some of the newer Sideshow figures. A couple of upside down codpieces (or was it belts?) I think.

So if you get a body that can stand straight and hold the arms in a pose you're good.

Back