1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the midst of my office remodel and I finally have a shelf up to pose them. As stated earlier, the 3 man squad is a killer display. This is one of Sideshow's best offerings ever and outside the smallish eyes and the rubber mask (which is very minor overall for me) I don't know how HT could make a much better version.

Thats looks great. I only picked up two Snowtroopers at the time. Wish I had bought more. Maybe HT can make a commander.

In the midst of my office remodel and I finally have a shelf up to pose them. As stated earlier, the 3 man squad is a killer display. This is one of Sideshow's best offerings ever and outside the smallish eyes and the rubber mask (which is very minor overall for me) I don't know how HT could make a much better version.

Just need an Imperial flag fluttering in the background and that'd be a killer propaganda shot for the Empire, hokie! :lol

Really nice posing and display. Looks fantastic.

Just need an Imperial flag fluttering in the background and that'd be a killer propaganda shot for the Empire, hokie! :lol

Really nice posing and display. Looks fantastic.

+1! It already looks awesome but an imperial flag would make it even better. It's a really great idea!

I'm (reluctantly) fine with one, but I really wish I had gotten a second. I came upon the E-Web in a trade and now a second trooper would be sublime. A third would make an amazing stand-alone display as we've seen (again) just recently.

Your backdrops are really cool Matrix!

Id love to get a large background for my Probe Droid. With a snowtrooper and AT-AT Driver flanking it.

Your backdrops are really cool Matrix!

Id love to get a large background for my Probe Droid. With a snowtrooper and AT-AT Driver flanking it.

Looks great matrix69.....what did you use to make the snow effect?

Very cool diorama there!

Thanks:) I used saw dust and bits of polystyrene for the snow texture(an old cheese grater is handy for grating down the styrene). I first covered the base with a coat of wood glue then sprinkle the dust/styrene over it for the desired effect. After it sets paint it up with a couple of coats of white paint to finish. I then gave it a coat of clear gloss varnish just to make it pop a bit more.

Well done matrix on another cool base/scene:)

Display looks great. Is your rubber cowl going shiny or did you gloss it?

Thanks and yes i glossed up the mask for a more accurate look. Was going to swap it out for a more smooth type plastic like other guys have done but under lighting and now glossed up this looks great and really pops.

a09636547e6e4a9ba1e61776bb4b98d5.jpg

Swapped bases with Luke, so Hot Toys stormtrooper and snowie are similar height.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back