1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting to get uncomfortable discussing Snowtrooper wrinkles.
Boy, I'll say. Glad I haven't become infected with quite that level of retentiveness, yet. Honestly, is anyone going to notice from a normal viewing distance and supposing one doesn't have them posed side-by-side in the exact same position? What a ridiculous thing to fret over.

But your Gamorrean can pick his nose. :lecture

april24_captioncontest.jpg

Glad you didn't mention where his other hand is heading ... :monkey1

I like how people are satisfied with everything on a figure, and when someone is not, then that guy is "retentive" etc. Personally I would have liked indeed a different mask for my trooper. I have a 1:1 Snowtrooper helmet and its the only helmet with a mobile face plate, in this case a shroud/cowl.

Of course on a 1:6 scale is not a big issue, not like the stupid height of the ANH Vader, or the awful looking helmet of the Stormtrooper or its small cod piece - those are big issues and people are satisfied with that. Some people are very easy to satisfy. More power to them.

But again that is not the problem. We are on a forum where we can discuss and have different opinions. I could mock many people because I don't like their point of views, but it is not my style. I try to respect other members and their views even if they are not like mine. Some might need to learn that as well.

I like how people are satisfied with everything on a figure, and when someone is not, then that guy is "retentive" etc. Personally I would have liked indeed a different mask for my trooper. I have a 1:1 Snowtrooper helmet and its the only helmet with a mobile face plate, in this case a shroud/cowl.

Of course on a 1:6 scale is not a big issue, not like the stupid height of the ANH Vader, or the awful looking helmet of the Stormtrooper or its small cod piece - those are big issues and people are satisfied with that. Some people are very easy to satisfy. More power to them.

But again that is not the problem. We are on a forum where we can discuss and have different opinions. I could mock many people because I don't like their point of views, but it is not my style. I try to respect other members and their views even if they are not like mine. Some might need to learn that as well.
:goodpost::wave
well spoken,finally someone with some sense!!:hi5:

I have great respect for your opinion, JKNO, and appreciate your eye for detail, but you said it yourself: 1:6 is not the same as 1:1. In this case I just think you're fretting over nothing. You'll never be able to tell that the wrinkles on the face masks are the same from a normal viewing distance and supposing you have the Snowtroopers in different poses (like displayed at SDCC). It's only bothering you because you happen to know already that they're the same. No-one checking out your collection would ever notice unless they inspected the troopers in-hand, so I just don't get why you'd waste time worrying about it.

I have great respect for your opinion, JKNO, and appreciate your eye for detail, but you said it yourself: 1:6 is not the same as 1:1. In this case I just think you're fretting over nothing. You'll never be able to tell that the wrinkles on the face masks are the same from a normal viewing distance and supposing you have the Snowtroopers in different poses (like displayed at SDCC). It's only bothering you because you happen to know already that they're the same. No-one checking out your collection would ever notice unless they inspected the troopers in-hand, so I just don't get why you'd waste time worrying about it.

not more than you wasted time in reading and writing :dunno

In this Vid. Matt Bischof of Sideshow tells that the snowtrooper mask will be soft vinyl.
check it out at 12:25 :hi5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsZK_WfezDo&feature=plcp

Great to get the official confirmation, but it was pretty obvious - if the thing was hard plastic, how could the head turn? It had to have some softness to be in any way positionable.

I think the issue people are having is not so much that it was hard, but the fact that it was "sculpted" so all snowies would have the same "faces" as opposed to some thin sheet material that would crumple as the head turned. It's clear that would have been almost impossible to achieve, and even if they did, the material would have been unlikely to last long.

All this being said, and based on the SDCC set-up, this figure is going to one of SSC's best figs.

Great to get the official confirmation, but it was pretty obvious - if the thing was hard plastic, how could the head turn? It had to have some softness to be in any way positionable.

I think the issue people are having is not so much that it was hard, but the fact that it was "sculpted" so all snowies would have the same "faces" as opposed to some thin sheet material that would crumple as the head turned. It's clear that would have been almost impossible to achieve, and even if they did, the material would have been unlikely to last long.

All this being said, and based on the SDCC set-up, this figure is going to one of SSC's best figs.

they could have used a cloth but then again the only way to achieve a good movie accurate look it sculpting, I just hope the dont wash it with the black wash they had at comic con, makes it look bad IMO

they could have used a cloth but then again the only way to achieve a good movie accurate look it sculpting, I just hope the dont wash it with the black wash they had at comic con, makes it look bad IMO

Yeah, I think most of the prob is the paint. The sculpt itself (once you're okay with the fact it is a sculpted face mask) is actually pretty great.

I'd still prefer to have a swappable face mask, but given its flexible means you might be able to get a little different look with posing.

I am on the fence about the hood. I want the articulation, but I like the way the prototypes look. I think I will hate to lose that detail.

As Matt Bischof alludes in the video... "stay on target".

Good to hear they will be soft. I imagine still sculpted. Hope there's a few less wrinkles. I think they overdid their sculpt.

Had to cancel my order for this guy :(

Just laid out the figures I'm getting, my flexpay plans, etc... and I just had to cancel some of my orders.

Maybe I'll pick him up when he gets released, provided he's still available and I have the budget for it.

Back