1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to cancel my order for this guy :(

Just laid out the figures I'm getting, my flexpay plans, etc... and I just had to cancel some of my orders.

Maybe I'll pick him up when he gets released, provided he's still available and I have the budget for it.

Bummer. I know the feeling. I have the Sam Flynn just charged from CSC, the Bespin Luke in October, DID Tom Cruise Valkyrie in October, and this one 1st quarter 2013.

Urban Samuri Hobbies - $133 CAN + ship - best deal in Canada!

Never been after exclusives before, and due to import duty and shipping its been for the better - but I really like his rifle, how hard are these things to buy off people who do get the exclusives? whats the usual cost or is it wildly varied?

I'd say it varies pretty wildly and I wouldn't count on any collectors parting with them (except for an outrageous price). Try getting IG-88's exclusive ax, for example. Another example (though it is not an exclusive) are the Bespin light-up bases that a lot of people said they disliked and would never use. Even so, no-one sold them, that I'm aware of. I'm assuming most collectors a) don't like breaking up a set, even if they will not use the item, and b) breaking it up will hurt their re-sell value down the road, epecially with a good exclusive. So if you really want that rifle, I'd order from Sideshow.

Is there a non-exclusive Snowtrooper? I'm mixed up, I thought this was a SS exclusive to their site but i do remember some unique rifle.

Was the exclsuive rifle ever in the movie -- or is this a Hasbro nod thing?

Yep, there's a non-exclusive (just remove the "1" at the end of the exclusive's URL and you'll be re-directed to the non-exclusive's page). And yep, the rifle's a nod to the Kenner 3 3/4" release back in the day.

I think its a kenner nod, i really want 2 of these guys but am surprised they cost more than bossk does!

I love SnowTroopers and even had a total Kenner flashback when I saw the exclusive riffle, but I am not a fan of the overly wrinkled hood. Has it been confirmed that this isn't final?

I love SnowTroopers and even had a total Kenner flashback when I saw the exclusive riffle, but I am not a fan of the overly wrinkled hood. Has it been confirmed that this isn't final?

yes it is comfirmed. told in a review video of HotChixCoolToyReview at the con. they where being told by someone from sideshow that the hood will be replaced with something else.

ahhhh, i'd come to terms with the hood and thought it looked cool now! hope the surprise is better. I reckon you could remove the wrinkle cowl anyway and replace it with some fairly thin and pliable plastic sheeting (I have some white stuff i've had for years without degrading/discolouring i'd try replace it with)

If you like the exclusive "item" then you will save more getting from Sideshow - you will pay more, and get a headache trying to find the "item" on secondary market.

Never been after exclusives before, and due to import duty and shipping its been for the better - but I really like his rifle, how hard are these things to buy off people who do get the exclusives? whats the usual cost or is it wildly varied?

Glad I[m not into that Kenner rifle. The regular E-11 will do since that was used in ESB - though the Snowtrooper blaster in ESB didn't have the Hengstler counter box neither the cylinders.

I admit i had to order direct this time specifically to secure the rifle. That way, i can pick a regular snow for alternate displays.

Love the rifle, had to get it for the nostalgia to the kenner version, I 'll get a standard one later, hopefully the hasbro can hang with him too

I'm starting to think I need this. Any new pics? I'm guessing its still slated for January?

Back