1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really did a awesome job on these guys, much better then their Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers.

They really did a awesome job on these guys, much better then their Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

I am totally LOVING these since the SDCC pics hit.

How that helmet/cowl ends up looking on the prod piece is the big question.

I am thinking of making a flat snow base large enough for the whole cannon set up to go on it.

Snowie kneeling at the box and Snowie on the cannon, has got enough support that both figures don't require stands. A flat oval-shaped snow base seems ideal to complete the display.:)

Um, Puay - you're going to need three snowies for that iconic set-up (one with blaster, one for box, one for cannon,) plus the biggie gun. I'm not really good with math, but that's getting up there $$$! You better be looking at a used piece of plywood and a bag of flour for that snow base!

Last edited:
4h85y0.jpg

Totally agree. :exactly:

I still cannot look at the SS Stormies and not see the inaccurate helmet and tiny codpiece - that's why I already sold one of my SS Stormies. But the Snowtroopers look great. :clap

Hopefully SS will decide to add a removable shroud or a second helmet, thus to be able to buy 2 Snowies and still have different helmets. And of course to make the eyes a bit bigger. But so far these are very cool! Might be my favorite figures, way above Vader and Stormies/Sandies.

These pics have sold me on the cannon...ordered. :monkey1

Yea, ive done the same, funny how the price was an issue a few days ago but now, its just a must have piece. I keep thinking about jack sparrow and his wheel were so much cheaper than this.

This just doesn't seem to be all that good for all the waiting. There are plenty of guys here who did custom mods to the Hasbro figure that look way better. Dorgmal Snow, Barryo, Chakaman just to name a few. Not to mention 150 is way overpriced.

Yeah...no. You make it sound like the customizers grabbed a Hasbro figure and futzed it into being a better item than these Sideshow ones. To insinuate that a Hasbro figure with a few changes is anything close to this is just not accurate. These guys may have used a Hasbro figure in their customs...but I will bet you that the customizers put as much time, talent, resources, and effort into their customs as the guys who made these prototypes did on them.

You are not going to take Hasbro figure and spend three or four hours making it look as good...or better, if that is how you see it...as one of these Sideshow prototypes.

And on a different subject...I am going to be trying my hand at making a Hoth base for these guys as well. Just too damned incredible not to.

So the face covering/cape thing is rigid molded plastic? That's too bad. I guess that's why it's a bit too large/billowy- to allow some head movement, making it a bit weird looking and making the helmet look smaller than it should (though to me it looks like the helmet is a bit small regardless). Other than that I love the look the rest of it, not the price though.

Imperial_Snowtroopers.jpg

Sean

Snow troopers legs look like chicken legs. I guess the empire is not feeding them well

Just like the empire in the movies, apparently...

Look at the dude on the right.

Imperial_Snowtroopers.jpg

Look at how they did the cowl in the back- it doesn't go all the way around. I thought they went all the way around.

It is two cowls that link into each other. And I can't see how that cowl is hard plastic, it would have to be slightly rubbery to turn.

i love everything about this snowtrooper.....except for the molded cowl & i think the eyelets could be a smidgen wider. everything else is...........:rock

Pre-ordered. I think the Commander is just a matter of time now, given that a lot of what went into the troopers can be re-used. This is so awesome.

Pre-ordered. I think the Commander is just a matter of time now, given that a lot of what went into the troopers can be re-used. This is so awesome.

In fact there is not that much as you might think to be re-used for the Commander. Many parts from Snowtrooper are not exactly present on the Snowtrooper Commander, plus people will not army build this one.

Back