1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to agree, 150 for the canon is a little too much.

I wouldn't mind that price if Sideshow can throw in a snow base large enough for 2 troopers and the canon set to go on it.

Have to agree, 150 for the canon is a little too much.

I wouldn't mind that price if Sideshow can throw in a snow base large enough for 2 troopers and the canon set to go on it.

That would help a bit indeed

What a huge dissapointment! Overall the figure is too close to the Hasbro one, especially the armour. Only thing to make it look more worthy are the fabric parts - suit and boots. And personally I think a custom Hasbro helmet with a well done cowl is much better.

Customs mostly are (or at least should be) compromises, this original Snowie however was beaten by those awesome customs you see in the

If you take one look at hurricanes Snowies, you'll never forget. To me, those are like a blueprint for every snowie to come.
Still great work after all those years, hurricane ...

So adressed to Sideshow, I say the words of Josef Martin Fischer: I am not convinced.

Last edited:
What a huge dissapointment! Overall the figure is too close to the Hasbro one, especially the armour. Only thing to make it look more worthy are the fabric parts - suit and boots. And personally I think a custom Hasbro helmet with a well done cowl is much better.

Customs mostly are (or at least should be) compromises, this original Snowie however was beaten by those awesome customs you see in the

If you take one look at hurricanes Snowies, you'll never forget. To me, those are like a blueprint for every snowie to come.

So adressed to Sideshow, I say the words of Josef Martin Fischer: I am not convinced.

Yes, pretty much all of those customs look better.
:monkey2

Looking more closely I hope they revisit the cowl, when tilted one way it looks fine the other ways a bit awkward, it would be nice of them to offer a switch out for a couple of different looks....

BTW to have an accurate ESB E-11 blaster you need to remove the Hengstler and the cylinders from it. It should be almsot as bare as the MR version, though some other small greeblies may have been attached. Also a M-19 scope seems to have been on the original blaster compared to the M-38/M-40 present on ANH E-11 screen used blasters, and on this SS 1:6 blaster as well.

My original intention was to get 3, but looking at the price now probably will go with 2.

I'm a huge fan of the Hasbro snowie - and the customs based on it - but not sure this is true.

Hurricane's snowies definitely nailed the overall shape of the helmet/cowl though, which SSC's struggles with. And SSC's goggles make their snowie look like he is dozing off.

But the details on the SSC snowie are amazing - the boots alone are incredible. The colors/weathering are also great, but the question of course is what the production figure will look like.

Hurricane eventually used a modded Koto snowie helmet; the Hasbro one had the 1950's granny glasses as goggles, and wasn't flared enough.

My original intention was to get 3, but looking at the price now probably will go with 2.

Same!

There will be only 1 Snowtrooper for me. If there was a different helmet/shroud then I would have gotten a second.

Another beautiful 12 "Sideshow. I wanted to get two like the stormtrooper. But maybe I expect that SSC we make an officer with a different helmet.

yep... this guy is pretty good! The plastic face sheild is a surprise but I think it's for the better. The Price is Okay, but hte cannon is crazy.

Need to start being picky, so it's a pass for me.

Plus I'm saving up for more Return of the Jedi stuff! 1/6th Rancor will be expensive! :lol

you are right!!! that pics make me wanna start working on my hasbro again!!:goodpost:

In my opinion this really isn't worth it anymore. $150 for a Snowtrooper, like this, isn't good. And the cannon at the same amount is worse.

If it would turn out as good in production it might be worth it. But this is SSC. It doesn't.

:panic:Kenner Rifle FTW!!!:panic:

Figure looks great overall... I think the mask could do with a little less wrinkling and I'd love it he came with two so you could swap them out. Having an identical face mask on two figures kind of kills the troop building aspect IMO. But this was an easy PO :rock

I like the cannon, but will not pay $150 for it. I'm sure I'll be able to get it for $100ish with a little patience.

About the rising cost of SSC 1:6 figures...

Personally I think that I will drop 1:6 collecting when SSC goes above the $150 dollar price point. I may only collect clones ATM, but when prices go above that limit I just don't see the benefit vs my PF collecting.

I wont hate on SSC for it, they are a business and have to charge what they can to make money and recoup R&D costs. It's just a personal budget decision that we all have to make from time to time.

Sorry bb, but he is not sold out yet, if that's what you were trying to say. If not, then please disregard this post.:slap
Heck, Exclusive Bossk is even sold out yet:cuckoo:, so this Exclusive should be available for a while too. The price hikes is what's keeping SSC figs around longer and getting them put on the "gift card" list.
Tusken, Bossk and the Snowtrooper are all open edition exclusives (TBD for edition number). Sideshow probably won't close them for months. To know if the sales are really slowing down, we'd have to see what happens with the numbered exclusives. Even Bacara waitlisted at 1000, though.

Back