1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steal your money? I have a suggestion. Don't voluntarily hand it to them and they won't take it with your blessing.

:lol

"Dear Government

My local drug dealer has put his prices up so high that I am forced to do more burglaries to pay for my fix.

You ought to be doing something about this."

:lol

When I think Snowtroopers I always think of the first one who shows up in the ATAT cockpit with Veers. Someone posted a pict of the scene. All pristine and perfect vinyl hood. This figure isn't him...(that molded hood kills it)
So pass.

(Yeah I know other imperial grunts look like him on screen but this guy is too roughed up)

When I think Snowtroopers I always think of the first one who shows up in the ATAT cockpit with Veers. Someone posted a pict of the scene. All pristine and perfect vinyl hood. This figure isn't him...
So pass.

(Yeah I know other imperial grunts look like him on screen but this guy is too roughed up)

That wasn't a Snowtrooper. It was a Snowtrooper officer, hard facemasks. Goto page 39 of this thread, it will show you the differences.

That one was an officer.

veers3.jpg

...an officer/snowtrooper.
Sculpt the hood like that and I'll bite.

Okay, with HT, $300 will get me 2 figures, 2 outfits, 2 (amazing) head sculpts, many accessories and a (very large) Weathervane base to hang my figure on.

$300 at SS I can get 1 faceless trooper (which WILL be used more than once), a few bare bones accessories, a crappy snow base, and the E Web Cannon.

Hmmm... It seems SS has finally out priced HT.

Edit - SS gave us 2 Gammy's, 2 cantina booths, and 4 Sandtroopers, so don't worry, they will reuse the sculpt with at least a Snowtroopers officer.

What else could they have done with the mask? Use that cheap vinyl that came with the old kenner figures?

Anyway...SOLD OUT!!

It's a good looking figure. The weathering looks great.

No interest though. Only Hoth related figure I want is the AT-AT driver.

Other than Bespin Luke, how many pairs of Hot Toys figures can you get for $300?

Well, I did say finally, didn't I? As in, the first example of.

Don't worry, this may be just the beginning. We will see how much future HT SW are. What makes the price difference even more astonishing is that SS gets (a most likely large) cut of the sales of any HT SW figure.

Who knows, maybe Bespin Luke is the free crack, and the figures after that will be significantly more expensive.

What I'm saying is that Hot Toys prices are still well ahead of Sideshow's. Sideshow crossed the $175 mark last year with IG-88 and Fett, but HT was already past that on much simpler figures.

Exclusive ordered! Love it - we have arrived on HOTH! :yess::yess::bess:

I do wish we would have arrived there when armored figs were closer to $100 though...

Have to agree on the price of e-web. It's an amazing piece - and complex too, along with being one of very few SSC pieces presumably made of plastic - but I think it had to be a few notches below the figure price-wise. Maybe $110 would have been better.

And I agree the snowtrooper mask has problems. The paint on the "vinyl" hood part makes it look worse than the passable sculpt could have been, but the goggles have issues too - shape, eye cutout size.

None of this is a deal breaker though - the rest is way better than it could have been and I will get a few of these.

snowie.png

What else could they have done with the mask? Use that cheap vinyl that came with the old kenner figures?

Anyway...SOLD OUT!!

Sorry bb, but he is not sold out yet, if that's what you were trying to say. If not, then please disregard this post.:slap
Heck, Exclusive Bossk is even sold out yet:cuckoo:, so this Exclusive should be available for a while too. The price hikes is what's keeping SSC figs around longer and getting them put on the "gift card" list.

I don't mind the mask is made of solid plastic instead of vinyl, just imagine what could happen to a low quality thin vinyl sheet over years. The original ILM Snowtrooper vinyl shroud looks ok after these years but it is much thicker than it would be in 1:6 scale. Plus to have a vinyl sheet in 1:6 you need a good quality material and to be a head under it to hold it = price up.

Wish though the eyes were bigger and to have some kind of an option in designing the helmet's shroud not to be identical on all troops if you have more than one on display. I ordered my regular at Razor's and thinking of the E-web Cannon but I simply don't see $150 there. $150 is half of a good quality 1:1 helmet, not a 1:6 plastic toy. Will think about this longer

I respect the fact that it will be your doll to customize as you all see fit...but personally...I think this looks dead on....

Untitled-1-1.jpg

the shroud looks ok when compared to screen used Snowies

Are we sure the e-web is plastic and not die cast metal? For $150 it had at least be metal.

That would have been great!

When I think Snowtroopers I always think of the first one who shows up in the ATAT cockpit with Veers. Someone posted a pict of the scene. All pristine and perfect vinyl hood. This figure isn't him...(that molded hood kills it)
So pass.

There is a big difference between the Snowtrooper Commander and the grunts, and not just in the helmet.

Back