1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extra production without Sideshow knowledge is quite possible (since I ordered one, I need to convice myself!).

I work in software/electronic in engineering and it is a reality when producing in China. We send our "recipe" and ask for X to be produced but we have no idea how many they will produce without our knowledge. It is so much a reality that all the firmware that we send (for QC tests) is a special firmware that can be used for tests only and is useless for real users. Once we receive the production we flash all the devices with the real firmware (that is a lot of work but we need to protect our technology). Also, different factories make different parts of our solution so that a single factory doesn't have all the components (even with a useless firmware).

I had a similar experience in my previous job. We built machines that inspected electronic devices for defects and we needed sample products to make our tests. Our main client was in Germany and they were really strict: they would lend us a sample but we had to send it back within a specific timeframe because it was owned by the company that requested that hardware, not the company that produced it. Let's say that experience was quite different in Asia, they didn't really care if the samples were not returned...
Are you toyshome2014/toysking2012?

It all seems legit. Why would they ruin their feedback? The curious thing is the box of Snowtroopers turning up after being long sold out and the other interesting thing is the low price as others have said.

I'm interested in buying one that's for sure.

It all seems legit. Why would they ruin their feedback? The curious thing is the box of Snowtroopers turning up after being long sold out and the other interesting thing is the low price as others have said.

Well there are several feedback comments along the lines:

Knock off versions have several flaws.

To me it's not a question of receiving the item, it's more is it a legitimate product or a counterfeit one.

1. The seller has multiple accounts with generic names, which means there are likely plenty more where that came from.

2. It's very easy to boost feedback, and some less scrupulous sellers (mostly in China and a few other parts of Asia, it seems like) do this. I've not bothered to look through all the feedback, but I imagine the earliest ones were hundreds of positives for cheap items sold to fake buyers who then leave positive feedback. Gives the illusion of a god reputation via a boosted and falsely inflated account.

I've encountered this sort of thing a lot in dealing with sellers in China selling knockoff Japanese figures and toys.

It all seems legit only if you're not counting the lengths some of these sellers go through to make a buck. They don't care about rep. They'll just make a new account.

It all seems legit. Why would they ruin their feedback?

You could ask the same question of many of the customizers who took-the-money-and-ran over the years right here on our boards.

well what ever is coming it will be here tomorrow.

Excellent. As much as I like a good mystery, its all about the resolution. Fingers crossed for you and Waller and me and whoever else jumped in.

I find it hard to believe that this ISN'T legit. It just seems to elaborate to be fake.

Good luck, guys!

I'm pretty much ready to part with mine. PM if interested.

It all seems legit only if you're not counting the lengths some of these sellers go through to make a buck. They don't care about rep. They'll just make a new account.

I see. Well then the feedback system isn't always a good indicator then.

To me it's not a question of receiving the item, it's more is it a legitimate product or a counterfeit one.

Fake Sideshow figures, well this will be interesting.

You could ask the same question of many of the customizers who took-the-money-and-ran over the years right here on our boards.

Very true.

Mine's at my local post office as of 4:00 this morning, so it will either be coming today or tomorrow.

Back