1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both sellers also now, strangely, have even more Snowtroopers then their original "10 available".

Maybe he'll give the first few buyers the real thing to legitimize himself... then burn the rest with rocks and feathers.

Here's a possible reply any of you may get in the future. "I send you Snowballtrooper 15 days. Sorry to know he melts before opening package. The post office maybe hot."

Both sellers also now, strangely, have even more Snowtroopers then their original "10 available".

Maybe he'll give the first few buyers the real thing to legitimize himself... then burn the rest with rocks and feathers.

Thought about that too. With our discussions, these guys are gaining popularity!:horror

Other than that one dude the cracked, I think everyone here is waiting on us three guys (Waller, grievous, and myself) to see what happens before they make a move.

If Waller and grievous' are legit, I think there will be a flood of sales for that guy. Is that the angle?

Other than that one dude the cracked, I think everyone here is waiting on us three guys (Waller, grievous, and myself) to see what happens before they make a move.

If Waller and grievous' are legit, I think there will be a flood of sales for that guy. Is that the angle?

I wonder is the seller reading our discussion and as you mentioned about potential buyers watching.
Though I believe there will be. The question is how many? I mean this may be a good deal but it's not exactly that fantastically great.

On the other hand if our discussion here attracts the attention of more collectors, I think people at Sideshow would be even more keen on this topic than us....

I mean Star Wars collectors understandably have existed in Hong Kong for years.
But when it comes to mainland China, does Sideshow even has a distribution network there?
To my understanding no one really knows much about Star Wars collecting in mainland China.
At least not yet, not before Disney releases the new movies.

But at this point why is this seemingly endless supply of figures popping up in Shanghai?
Hmm...

Edit: trying to tidy up my English as much as I can.:lol

Last edited:
Here's a possible reply any of you may get in the future. "I send you Snowballtrooper 15 days. Sorry to know he melts before opening package. The post office maybe hot."
Lol. :lol

Seriously, though, if there is not just outright fraud from the outset, here, I'd be blown away if there is not some other angle. I don't buy that these fell off a truck or are extras produced under SSC's nose at the factory. Also hard to believe this guy would sell these all at $100 under market.

Yep, if nothing else, the speculation has been a lot of fun. Hope you get your figure, Wor-Gar!

For all you know the seller could be amongst us.:rotfl

I will still bet on all 3 of you guys receiving the figure.:lol

Last edited:
Extra production without Sideshow knowledge is quite possible (since I ordered one, I need to convice myself!).

I work in software/electronic in engineering and it is a reality when producing in China. We send our "recipe" and ask for X to be produced but we have no idea how many they will produce without our knowledge. It is so much a reality that all the firmware that we send (for QC tests) is a special firmware that can be used for tests only and is useless for real users. Once we receive the production we flash all the devices with the real firmware (that is a lot of work but we need to protect our technology). Also, different factories make different parts of our solution so that a single factory doesn't have all the components (even with a useless firmware).

I had a similar experience in my previous job. We built machines that inspected electronic devices for defects and we needed sample products to make our tests. Our main client was in Germany and they were really strict: they would lend us a sample but we had to send it back within a specific timeframe because it was owned by the company that requested that hardware, not the company that produced it. Let's say that experience was quite different in Asia, they didn't really care if the samples were not returned...

Last edited:
Here's a couple of pic's I took of my snowie last January, was only out for 10 minutes due to the Hoth like 8 degrees/felt like -14 degrees with the wind chill.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Extra production without Sideshow knowledge is quite possible (since I ordered one, I need to convice myself!)...
That is really interesting info, and doesn't surprise me in regards to the Chinese factories, but I find it implausible in this specific case. Say this seller has 50 'overproduced' Snowtroopers. Why was he so patient before selling? They've been going at $300.00 now for quite awhile. And why sell at retail? He could easily sell well under the $300 benchmark, say at $225 or $250 and sell just as many. And most suspiciously to me, as soon as his listed lot sells, he's able to restock with another 10.

Lastly, if SSC's stuff is being routinely overproduced to be sold out the back door and end-up on eBay, why don't we see this more often with their other figures. This is the only circumstance where I can recall a very popular figure becoming freely available on eBay long after it's sold out. I would think the easiest stuff to overproduce would be exclusives like IG-88's vibroax, Bossk's screaming headsculpt or the Snowtrooper's rifle, for example, and yet you can't find some of those things to save your life on eBay.

I'm definitely sceptical but hope for all those that missed out on the Snowtrooper that that scenario proves correct. It will certainly be interesting if it turns out that all those that ordered get their figure (I wonder if that would cause Sideshow to do more oversight, haha). Hell, at this point, I'd order one myself if everyone else's experience is good.

Here's a couple of pic's I took of my snowie last January...

attachment.php
Nice shots, OutLander. Looks great with the rifle and one of the best figures I've ever seen for displaying well outside. Love all the outdoor winter shots with the Snowtrooper.

Back