1:6 Shaun from Shaun of the Dead by YanToys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think for me the head has way to much of a plastic doll look to it, making it incredibly hard to take good pics of.

My tie is also alot longer than the ones I've seen. It's not a awful figure but it needs alot of work!

1000035191.jpg

1000035187.jpg

The sculpt is definitely soft. It lost some detail in production. The paint doesn't help. It looks better with shadows. It's very much a caricature of Pegg. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I would agree with Godfather, it needs work.

Despite being disappointed I'm excited for collectors to see what I'm working with Yan on.
Im not sure how excited I can get about a figure that will presumably be produced by YanToys while you’re currently strongly criticising their most recent product.

Hopefully, whatever you’re working on, you can affect some positive change in the production process to minimise any sculpt softening, sloppy paint, poor tailoring, and qc issues.

Glad I stuck with my custom that I’ve had for years after seeing the head sculpt in hand.

Attachments

• IMG_1475.jpeg
    IMG_1475.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I am very happy with mine! Apart from the horrendous elbow joints. I have plenty of other third party figures with softer sculpts, I can accept it.

Only problem is mine came without the nametag. Where was it supposed to be in the box?

Interesting.
There is no place for the bags. Just thrown in at the bottom tray with the stand.

Last edited:
I've been wanting Shaun (and Ed) in the collection for a long time. Sideshows old releases were dated and honestly never really looked all that great. And I know there was a custom set done of these two, but some characters, while I want in the collection, just don't justify the custom price tag so this was a sweet spot deal in my opinion!

Having him in hand, it's a decent release, but definitely room for some improvements....sculpt/Paint is really soft, but likeness of Simon Pegg is there. I think with a repaint this would be an amazing sculpt. The clothing, also could be tighter, stitching etc. But for the price I can work with it. I'll be doing some more futzing and modding to the clothes to get them to lay more natural.

The elbows are the biggest eyesore, for me 1:6 standards are to push towards realism and what worse way to lose that by having exposed elbow joints like these. If you can Swap the arms to seamless then it would look x10 better.

Finally the accessories are where this guy shines! He's loaded with them! And they are pretty great!

Overall he's maybe lower than average. Figure if
you are graded him based on Hot Toys standards. Maybe even a bit weaker than Sideshow standards. BUT if you are a fan of this ZomCom there's not many options out there available. Three that I've mentioned. One is dated (SS) one is Expensive (Custom Set) and this happy medium, which with work could potentially shine.
1000033997.jpg
1000033998.jpg
1000033999.jpg

1000033980.jpg

Attachments

• 1000033999.jpg
    1000033999.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 0
I've been wanting Shaun (and Ed) in the collection for a long time. Sideshows old releases were dated and honestly never really looked all that great. And I know there was a custom set done of these two, but some characters, while I want in the collection, just don't justify the custom price tag so this was a sweet spot deal in my opinion!

Having him in hand, it's a decent release, but definitely room for some improvements....sculpt/Paint is really soft, but likeness of Simon Pegg is there. I think with a repaint this would be an amazing sculpt. The clothing, also could be tighter, stitching etc. But for the price I can work with it. I'll be doing some more futzing and modding to the clothes to get them to lay more natural.

The elbows are the biggest eyesore, for me 1:6 standards are to push towards realism and what worse way to lose that by having exposed elbow joints like these. If you can Swap the arms to seamless then it would look x10 better.

Finally the accessories are where this guy shines! He's loaded with them! And they are pretty great!

Overall he's maybe lower than average. Figure if
you are graded him based on Hot Toys standards. Maybe even a bit weaker than Sideshow standards. BUT if you are a fan of this ZomCom there's not many options out there available. Three that I've mentioned. One is dated (SS) one is Expensive (Custom Set) and this happy medium, which with work could potentially shine.
View attachment 695198View attachment 695199View attachment 695200

View attachment 695201

Obligatory question. What body did you use? Or did you just swap the arms? I noticed there's padding in the torso area, but I haven't found a picture of the body online.

Last edited:
Obligatory question. What body did you use? Or did you just swap the arms? I noticed there's padding in the torso area, but I haven't found a picture of the body online.
Swapped the arms with the Asmus Toys Ash Williams. Had to do shoulder surgery with three dremel to get the stock disc's to fit the shoulders of the arms.

I got this, opened it up, sculpt is soft but they sent me 2 of the same head....sigh
YAN TOYS SEAN 2 SAME HEADS.jpg

Back