1/6 Scale Tardis, Tennant, Smith (see page 18 for kit!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Scale Tardis, Tennant, Smith & Baker!!

I hope you are ready for a Brackaki build for me when the time comes. :pray:

Sometime this month, I believe, since the PreOrder is supposed to go live within the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Pre-order could be up in weeks, figure's actual release 1-2 years.

On a positive note all the tardis's turned out great.

Wasn't sure if my sarcasm about the big chief 4th doctor release was clear or not XD

I will have a Matt Smith Tardis completed in about 3 weeks if anybody want's in. $365.00 + actual shipping + 4% pay pal fees. It has lights, and a "Tardis in Your Pocket" for the sound effects. $200 deposit and the balance when it ships. I will be posting better quality photos next week when I get my Big Chief Matt Smith.

This photo turned out good as far as the actual color.

2.jpg

1-1.jpg

The Tardis is NOT this color, look at the first 2 pics. This is to show you the size compared to a gallon jug.
mattmilk2.jpg

mattmilk.jpg

Last edited:

Man, I wish I could afford one of those.

You should consider selling some more of those "Tardis Parts" kits. Maybe including a set of specs for people to build thier own. You could make a mint selling those. Would definatly have a wider market than fully completed Tardisis (Tardi?).

Man, I wish I could afford one of those.

You should consider selling some more of those "Tardis Parts" kits. Maybe including a set of specs for people to build thier own. You could make a mint selling those. Would definatly have a wider market than fully completed Tardisis (Tardi?).

I think the plural of Tardis is Tardis’ LOL No idea LOL
These things are super expensive for me to build, which is why I like to get half as a down payment. I gather parts from many places, some local, some online. It takes me about 8 hours just to get all the local materials together. Sometimes split over 2 days, like I did this week. Try and find straight wood at Home Depot sometime LOL! Even at this size they require over 1100” of trim alone. 4 different types of wood. And everything I add to the Tardis has to be customized. They are really like building a puzzle. Measure, cut, sand, measure, cut, sand etc. One piece at a time and I have to take one step at a time, and then move on to the next. Even a 1/16" off can really ruin the build, at this scale. I do enjoy building them, and I am a big fan. But it’s more of a hobby than making any money, believe me. Right down to having to make the boxes to ship them and lots and lots of packing peanuts. But they take serious time too. Every step takes hours. And the fact it’s a time machine, doesn’t help LOL

At that price, they are really worth every penny.

At that price, they are really worth every penny.

Thanks man. I think so too. If I made them for "Big Chief" and they threw a Doctor Who logo on it, they would sell for $900-$1200 and people would be losing thier minds to get one.

When "Big Chief" sells a Doctor Who figure, they photoshop the Tardis behind them. Next week I may have to take a photo of my "Big Chief" Matt Smith in front of my Tardis, and throw a "Big Chief" logo on the photo.... nah, maybe I better not LOL!!

The Tom Baker TARDIS has been claimed by a member :)

Claimed?
The TARDIS wasn't claimed. Tim, through one of the most generous expressions I have ever been a party to, sent me the Baker TARDIS as a get well gift when he heard of my heart surgery.

THANK YOU!!

I got it this morning and, my God, it is a work of art.

I don't have pix yet as I'm still sizing the necessary interior and my Baker sat, homeless, for so long that I have him on the table attempting a paint job that will compliment and not insult the TARDIS.
My apologies in advance to whoever sculpted him, as I did want to give credit where it is due. However, I got him such a time ago that I honestly do not recall who made him.

Tim, though not weeping, you are an angel of sorts for sharing your work with me and sending me this beautiful piece. I can never thank you enough.

Back