1/6 Scale Tardis, Tennant, Smith (see page 18 for kit!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Scale Tardis, Tennant, Smith & Baker!!

Ok, some supplies I was waiting for to finish up my Tom Baker didn't come today, maybe tomorrow. I get one night to NOT build. I have to get rested up before I start a Tennant build for a member here.

But I couldn't wait to post some photos. The lantern isn't done, just sitting there, so it's not done being painted yet either.

tardis2-1.jpg

tardis7.jpg

tardis5.jpg

tardis8.jpg

This is the bobblehead K-9
tardis9.jpg

Last edited:

I am retiring from building anymore Tardis'. They take up waaay too many hours to build.

I will be selling the Tom Baker Tardis for $290.00 (plus shipping) after it's completed, which should be today. A few people were interested in buying one, so I guess first payment takes it.

I do have some left over parts I would be willing to sell at a low price, if anybody is interested in those.

PM sent for left over Tardis parts.

I have more than one available. I have extra handles, Police Box signs transparent letters for light and white letters for no light made from vinyl on plexi. Extra Tom Baker black door sign, black with white letters from vinyl on plexi. Extra lantern parts. Let me know if anybody needs anything and I probably have extras for sale.

BIG THANK YOU for the parts and help Tim! Here is the pics of my Tardis build so far. I built it last year then hit a wall on how to finish the roof with the pitch and lantern.

Mine is mostly balsa wood, the base and 4 columns are hard wood. I picked up the window trim hard wood pieces you suggested and hope to frame them out this weekend. And I will pick up the noise maker too.

I also picked up some small hinges for the two main front doors at Lowes. I 'll have to cut the front panel so both doors will open.

I just finished up the Tom Baker Tardis lantern with flashing light. I am adding the door hardware now, but can't put on the door sign yet because I didn't get what I expected in the mail today. I should have it all done by Monday. It's still for sale, I haven't received any payment yet from anybody so it's still up for grabs.

Only the right door opens. There are no lights except for the blinking light. The blinking light runs to a 9V battery that is the ceiling. The only drawback is when you want it on/off you have to take it on/off the battery. But it looks cool!!!! I normally include a "Tardis in Your Pocket" with each Tardis, but I don't have any left. So if I don't have to order one, this Baker Tardis would be $280.00 + actual shipping. It should be ready to ship by Tuesday.

My Tom Baker Tardis measures 12" from the bottom of the door to the top of the door window. Which is, from seeing the photo below, exactly the correct size it should be. The doors are 12 1/2 tall. It's 17" from the table to the top of the lantern.

It will be completed when I get the door vinyl decal in the mail, hopefully Monday/Tuesday.

newberrytardissmall.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

My Baker Tardis will be put on ebay later this week if not sold here first.

Last edited:

It's going on ebay this week.

My Tom Baker Tardis measures 12" from the bottom of the door to the top of the door window. Which is, from seeing the photo below, exactly the correct size it should be. The doors are 12 1/2 tall. It's 17" from the table to the top of the lantern.

It will be completed when I get the door vinyl decal in the mail, hopefully Monday/Tuesday.

newberrytardissmall.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

If that David Tennant set makes it til next payday I be all over it. I think I'm going to build another and improve on what I learned building the first. Your sets take alot of the hunting out of the build.

If that David Tennant set makes it til next payday I be all over it. I think I'm going to build another and improve on what I learned building the first. Your sets take alot of the hunting out of the build.

You should get your first set tomorrow.

I will probably be building more, but only Matt Smith's for now. I will be posting photos soon with my Matt Smith Tardis and Big Chief's Matt Smith :yess:

The package arrived yesterday, everything looks GREAT! The key was a really nice touch too, thanks again.

Back