1/6 Scale Superman Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 superman earth one

That is an impressive custom, BK! my suggestion is use magicsculpt or Aves epoxy for the hair strands. just do a small strip in the basic hair form. make it thin and attach it. let it dry and harden. It will serve as an armature for the next layer. Add another thin layer and sculpt in the hair strands.

OR...

Roll up some aluminum foil and put it against the fore head. you can now put some Aves or magicsculpt over the foil and sculpt in the hair. let it dry and harden and pull out the roll of aluminum foil. it should give you that free hanging hair look.

hope that makes sense and helps.

Right on! Thanks! I wilk try it this week on a test head!

Picture084-1.jpg

With my Superman custom. What Superman should have done the moment he saw the Kryptonite.

Picture086-3.jpg

Lex looks worlds better, Jester. Congrats!

I wish I could get this guy. Why do I never have money when these figures come out?:monkey2

Here is my soon to be Reeves...Waiting Head from 16k and Evilface decal logo for my display.
customfigs052.jpg

Yours looks great to me Moe! What body are you using for it?

Carbo is right... Royce! Love the way it looks.
My pics aren't the greatest... But this will be
One of the best Reeves I will ever own.

All this hype about hot toys.. Tell me guys, what can be so much better?
Arnie Kim doing the sculpt!!! Yes he is s great sculptor don't get me wrong, but there is alot of nice Reeves sculpts out there like fenix/sosa
And now erick doing another version.

As for our suit... Mine was probably better then your mego, Mattel versions. Sure hot toys probably has better tailor, but we'll have to wait and see. So whoever got a suit from me enjoy.
And post some pictures guys???

I'll be back when mine is complete.

Yeah, the Royce body does look great with your suit. But my custom will have an A.C.E. body from Les Walker. I've seen it already and it looks great too. I trust Les and his judgement about these things. Yeah, I don't know how much better Hot Toys will do than this latest custom of the Christopher Reeve Superman. I know Arnie Kim is a great sculptor, but why haven't we seen anything yet?

Yeah, Moe yours is way better than the original 12" Mego figure. I still have mine. We all know Mattel's suit is close, but not close enough. First off the blue is the wrong color.

I'll definitely post pictures of my completed Reeve Superman here soon after I get it. :wave

Yeah, the Royce body does look great with your suit. But my custom will have an A.C.E. body from Les Walker. I've seen it already and it looks great too. I trust Les and his judgement about these things. Yeah, I don't know how much better Hot Toys will do than this latest custom of the Christopher Reeve Superman. I know Arnie Kim is a great sculptor, but why haven't we seen anything yet?

Yeah, Moe yours is way better than the original 12" Mego figure. I still have mine. We all know Mattel's suit is close, but not close enough. First off the blue is the wrong color.

I'll definitely post pictures of my completed Reeve Superman here soon after I get it. :wave

Mike...If you seen Autobotjohns review on my superman...That was my Original, and Headsculpt was ours also...That body was indeed ACE and Ace was my first choice until I seen 16k's Supes, then I was Blown away. So yes, ACE is great choice my friend, and Yes post pictures...I want to see everyones superman who got a suit from me please post guys.:impatient:

I wouldn't call the Mattel one Mego, their vastly different lines or are you referring to a different one entirely? Also I like the boots from your suit Moe

I wouldn't call the Mattel one Mego, their vastly different lines or are you referring to a different one entirely? Also I like the boots from your suit Moe

Thanks Kal, It is one of the best features of our suit.- No! what I meant is both Mego suit and Mattel's suit...
Mattel's suit is nice but wrong in color, more darker blue...Never really had the mego suit in my hands, but Mego was more toy like to me always.

Here is my soon to be Reeves...Waiting Head from 16k and Evilface decal logo for my display.
customfigs052.jpg

this looks really great Moe! The boots are the real eye catcher IMO

my only gripe about the above pic (and if it's been stated before or in your other thread in the Customs Forum, I apologize) but the cape looks too long for Reeve's Superman Suit. it looks great altogether, just my nitpic

I wasn't calling the Mattel Superman a Mego. I know the difference. I have an original 1978 12" or 1:6 scale Mego Superman figure. I was just telling Moe that his suit and his figure he shows are way better than the Mego one. I will post a picture of the Mego Superman here for those who have never seen it.

That's cool Moe that the ACE body was the first one you used. I am expecting my Reeve Superman using that body to be pretty incredible. The few pictures I've seen of it from Les are "work in progress" ones. But I should have mine in hand soon from him. :yess:

Jedi...Here is my partners Custom...ACE body...This is Smilar to what Autobotjohn Got in his Review...Pretty Sweet.

dsc04602px.jpg

dsc04600g.jpg

dsc04605n.jpg

That one looks great Moe! Do the fingers bend on his hands? Mine will look really close to that one, but will have a custom Reeve Superman head sculpt done by Les Walker.

I wasn't calling the Mattel Superman a Mego. I know the difference. I have an original 1978 12" or 1:6 scale Mego Superman figure. I was just telling Moe that his suit and his figure he shows are way better than the Mego one. I will post a picture of the Mego Superman here for those who have never seen it.

That's cool Moe that the ACE body was the first one you used. I am expecting my Reeve Superman using that body to be pretty incredible. The few pictures I've seen of it from Les are "work in progress" ones. But I should have mine in hand soon from him. :yess:

My bad I misread sorry about that

I thought the cape was abit too long aswell but nonetheless looks great

Here is My Custom Evilface display based Based on the DVD logo
Superman-The-Movie.jpg

BASE is Mirror finish in the word, and frosted type Silver for 3D
customfigs053.jpg

Some time ago, I had a friend repaint my Mattel General Zod. He did a fantastic job. I, unfortunately, am unable to capture how brilliant a repaint it is. My photographic skills only go so far.

"Now, finally..."

GeneralZod2.jpg

"Take my hand and swear eternal loyalty to Zod."

GeneralZod3.jpg

*crunch*

GeneralZod6closeup.jpg

GeneralZod8.jpg

I went a little overboard with this manip and removed the visible joints.:lol

GeneralZodandSupermaninFortressofSolitudecopy.jpg

GeneralZod11.jpg

Some time ago, I had a friend repaint my Mattel General Zod. He did a fantastic job. I, unfortunately, am unable to capture how brilliant a repaint it is. My photographic skills only go so far.

"Now, finally..."

GeneralZod2.jpg

"Take my hand and swear eternal loyalty to Zod."

GeneralZod3.jpg

*crunch*

GeneralZod6closeup.jpg

GeneralZod8.jpg

I went a little overboard with this manip and removed the visible joints.:lol

GeneralZodandSupermaninFortressofSolitudecopy.jpg

GeneralZod11.jpg

This is just WONDERFUL...:yess:

Back