1/6 Scale Superman Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lex looks good. I am hoping the mattel suit would look better on a regular TT body. Superman looks great and the head sculpt on Kent looks good, too. Are the glasses sculpted on? I am trying to find where to buy those type of glasses for my Kent figure. The suit on Kent figures seems a tad bulky, though. the lex suits hangs more naturally for my eyes. Great figures. I hope to have my own lineup soon.

Thanks! working on it for a while and taking it slow and as accurate as I can. It's my 1:1 scale piece.

Lex looks good. I am hoping the mattel suit would look better on a regular TT body. Superman looks great and the head sculpt on Kent looks good, too. Are the glasses sculpted on? I am trying to find where to buy those type of glasses for my Kent figure. The suit on Kent figures seems a tad bulky, though. the lex suits hangs more naturally for my eyes. Great figures. I hope to have my own lineup soon.

The Lex Luthor suit is actually from Spenser Ledford, it is NOT the mattel suit. (He made the custom for me about 2 years ago.)

The Clark Kent suit is actually from a Frank Sinatra Ken doll. It also came with a 1/6 scale Fedora-which was the main reason I got it. The glasses are cut from metal - Spenser did those with the sculpt (similar to his Lt. Gordon head from Dark Knight.)

1/6 superman earth one

Here is my custom SUPERMAN EARTH ONE 1/6 Custom. It still needs a LOT of futzing, but was wondering if anyone knew of a better 1/6th hood to use? I am using a Hot toys Ezio hoodie turned inside out. I had to cut off the sleeves of the white shirt to better pose the figure. I plan to use fists instead of open hands to better match the picture. I love the WESKER HEAD!!!!! If I can't find a better hood, I plan to attach the hood to the jacket for a lower sitting fit

Re: 1/6 superman earth one

Here is my custom SUPERMAN EARTH ONE 1/6 Custom. It still needs a LOT of futzing, but was wondering if anyone knew of a better 1/6th hood to use? I am using a Hot toys Ezio hoodie turned inside out. I had to cut off the sleeves of the white shirt to better pose the figure. I plan to use fists instead of open hands to better match the picture. I love the WESKER HEAD!!!!! If I can't find a better hood, I plan to attach the hood to the jacket for a lower sitting fit

Dude, this is freaking sweet. Great work man.:clap

I am unstounded by the amount of talent you guys have, simply amazing it is mind boggling to me how you guys do this stuff.

this is freaking awesome!! :rock

great work man!

Modified Luthor with a new body. The new body allows me to futs the suit better. Sewed the lapel so it's closer to the movie look and doesn't keep losing shape. Really minor stuff but i think it works. Plus more range of movement for the elbows and knees.
Also, allowed me to mess around with the collar a bit more and better range of movement for the head. Beforeand AFter shots.

Picture084-1.jpg

With my Superman custom. What Superman should have done the moment he saw the Kryptonite.

Picture086-3.jpg

Your Lex looks a lot better! The new body makes a HUGE difference doesn't it? What body are you using for him now?
I'd like to get this Lex Luthor figure soon to go with my custom Superman that I'll soon have from Les Walker! :yess:

AMAZING WORK GUYS!!! WOW!! GREAT JOB!!! Any of you guys ever tried a Smallville TW style Superman figure? Im curretnly working one using the DC DIRECT Nightwing figure and sculpt, any ideas?

Thanks, guys. i think that almost any body would be better. I am using this 10 dollar 12 inch soldier figure i bought from Big Lots (a local store) the hand pegs fits perfectly without modification. The Luthor shoes comes off the feet and might fit in any regular foot. The important thing to get away from the Mattel base body was the wide shoulders. It stretched the suit so it wouldn't allow for any futzing. And the Neck connection is horrible on the mattel figure.

Smallville - Which costume are you doing? The black version or red leather? Black version should be easy to do, you can even use the joker trenchcoat and dye it black. The red leather version would require a lot of skill in sewing.

Thanks, guys. i think that almost any body would be better. I am using this 10 dollar 12 inch soldier figure i bought from Big Lots (a local store) the hand pegs fits perfectly without modification. The Luthor shoes comes off the feet and might fit in any regular foot. The important thing to get away from the Mattel base body was the wide shoulders. It stretched the suit so it wouldn't allow for any futzing. And the Neck connection is horrible on the mattel figure.

Smallville - Which costume are you doing? The black version or red leather? Black version should be easy to do, you can even use the joker trenchcoat and dye it black. The red leather version would require a lot of skill in sewing.

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking of the Black suit, good call with the Joker trenchcoat, thats a great idea. How about for the blue shirt underneath? Black tee and just pain the S symbol on?

That is an impressive custom, BK! my suggestion is use magicsculpt or Aves epoxy for the hair strands. just do a small strip in the basic hair form. make it thin and attach it. let it dry and harden. It will serve as an armature for the next layer. Add another thin layer and sculpt in the hair strands.

OR...

Roll up some aluminum foil and put it against the fore head. you can now put some Aves or magicsculpt over the foil and sculpt in the hair. let it dry and harden and pull out the roll of aluminum foil. it should give you that free hanging hair look.

hope that makes sense and helps.

Thanks for the reply! I was thinking of the Black suit, good call with the Joker trenchcoat, thats a great idea. How about for the blue shirt underneath? Black tee and just pain the S symbol on?

That's what i would do. if you're unsure about the firmness of your hand you can tape up the shape of the emblem paint it all white, let it dry and pencil in the outline of the "S" and paint the black in carefully. Actually, before painting it all white, try and see if you can paint the "S" in, if not go to plan "B"

Back