1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great, but I'm finished with SS. Fool me like once, fool me twice...can't fool me again

I am right there with you...except I ordered dengar with a $20 off code and Thor just because ragnarok costume looks lame.

Now having typed that, I have the first bossk, which is totally fine, but I agree this bib might be better, I'll try to get that parted out.

And new paint. But it's not about just this. They simply have limited factory capacity and rerelease can always wait a bit longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have V.1 Bossk. I'll take pictures to compare to V.2 Bossk when he arrives.

Yes. I'll have both. I collect Bossk.

Woot! Bossk is supposed to charge today and ship when ever they feel like it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

There's a review up on Youtube by silver swan productions.

There's a review up on Youtube by silver swan productions.

Just watched that review and Bossk looks pretty good. The suit might be a little too loose at the shoulders but I'll have to see if that can be futzed to look better. I like the sculpt, looks way more screen accurate than v1.

Kind of a weird review. He didn't even take the plastic wrapping off the legs? No comparing to the original release? How do I get to be a video reviewer? Do I need to fill out an application? :)

Isn't that the same crazy Youtube guy who burns his figures? Sounds like him.

The video is a little grainy even on HD and the lighting is pretty gloomy and warm, but the color on Bossk still looks noticeably too dark. The V.1 release wasn't very accurate to ESB movie Bossk in terms of sculpt, but the color seemed very close. Hopefully new videos/pics in better lighting will show it's not as dark as it has seemed in all the pics so far.

V1 Bossk did not capture the "essence" of the ESB Bossk at all for me. That HS was more EU than film accurate. I can relate to the HS with V2 looks great. Might suffer from "Winston syndrome" and be too dark but future reviews will determine that. It would have been nice for the reviewer to have Bossk posed like in ESB as he just had him like a toy ( very unattractive ) SS presentation is very lacklustre giving you so little and no effort for any more (like the good days)

if I can find a parted out sculpt from the v.2 I will pick it up as long as the color is not real dark.

TA doesn't seem to get these re-releases. I think it's because they are somehow exclusive to SSC?

tbh, I have only seen one pic where the paint didn't look noticeably too dark, and that pic was from far away. The eyes also still look really red. They are supposed to be yellow with some reddish-orange swirls in them.

Unfortunate they didn't use the new (more detailed cut-sew and smaller) bibs seen on Luke X/Snowspeeder. That would have really put it over for me. Compared to the new bib, the old one looks like Hasbro.

Back