1/6 Scale Sideshow Bossk Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to bmarz I have finally acquired this amazing figure.

DFCCA412-3BEA-4BD2-88E6-F09FADCBAD61.jpeg

Congrats. Nice pose too. He's not the easiest to get into a decent natural looking pose with those long forearms.
I’m struggling with his hands most of all. They aren’t sculpted to hold that gun tightly in any way. It mostly sits in his hands rather than being gripped.
73DA63F8-4DE0-4A20-889C-D18DEAD240BB.jpeg

I’m struggling with his hands most of all. They aren’t sculpted to hold that gun tightly in any way. It mostly sits in his hands rather than being gripped.
Yeah, he's definitely a pose and leave type of figure. Typical SS I guess.

Still Hot Toys are also no stars when it comes to hands holding weapons. I'm looking at you 501st Gattling gun.

Two tweaks I'd recommend Coco are to "pinch" the jumpsuit shoulders outward and upward so he has more squared shoulders like in the movie and also - I know it's hard on the stock body - to pull down the knee bandoliers a bit lower. I did this on my heavily customized fig at right and to me it quickly makes it "pop" more as onscreen Bossk - you can see the "shoulder pads" look and also the lower bandoliers on mine.

MMNHYpf.jpg

Two tweaks I'd recommend Coco are to "pinch" the jumpsuit shoulders outward and upward so he has more squared shoulders like in the movie and also - I know it's hard on the stock body - to pull down the knee bandoliers a bit lower. I did this on my heavily customized fig at right and to me it quickly makes it "pop" more as onscreen Bossk - you can see the "shoulder pads" look and also the lower bandoliers on mine.

MMNHYpf.jpg

I’ll do that on those shoulders. Looks good.
I was messing with it last night and noticed the bandoliers were too high and tried pulling them down but they are super snug so I didn’t force it. I might try again though. Just don’t want to rip anything, plus it almost looks like there is‘t quite enough material to do that on the SS figure. If they do slide down you’d lose that bunched up look very quickly.

I’ll do that on those shoulders. Looks good.
I was messing with it last night and noticed the bandoliers were too high and tried pulling them down but they are super snug so I didn’t force it. I might try again though. Just don’t want to rip anything, plus it almost looks like there is‘t quite enough material to do that on the SS figure. If they do slide down you’d lose that bunched up look very quickly.
Unless I'm mistaken, the shot in ESB was missing one or so each leg - and I found it helps pull the pants down more.....

Talibane's Bossk looks awesome, and no fat suit from what I can see. Is that the original body or HT? Looks good proportionately!!

Funny story about Bossk and I no one asked for (but about to hit a milestone and feeling nostalgic): I was 8 or so when ESB and from what I recall, Bossk was a mail-away fig before he was offered carded. No sure. But all my friends and I were into SW figures and all had mailed away for a couple Bossk figures. Decided to give one as a Secret Santa thing at school. Of course my buddy and I into Bossk got each other. So we exchanged mail-away Bossks - complete with white mailer. LOL. Good memories! Still have all my original Kenner figures...including Bossk! Still one of the most badass characters - even if he stole his costume from Doctor WHO! LOL

They did, but made him super green - but the new head was killer.

bossk_star-wars_silo.png

Last edited:
If Sideshow wants to reissue figures they should focus on ones they did a decent job on the first time like this.
Unfortunately just because a figure came out well the first time doesn’t mean a reissue will turn out well.

I love my V2 SSC Bossk but it’s definitely a step down in overall material quality to the V1.

Likewise V2 IG-88 was such a huge letdown with various QC issues that I returned it immediately and have kept the V1.

The later batches of the Mythos Obi-Wan had inferior parts like worse paint and bad arms.

Funny story about Bossk and I no one asked for (but about to hit a milestone and feeling nostalgic): I was 8 or so when ESB and from what I recall, Bossk was a mail-away fig before he was offered carded. No sure. But all my friends and I were into SW figures and all had mailed away for a couple Bossk figures. Decided to give one as a Secret Santa thing at school. Of course my buddy and I into Bossk got each other. So we exchanged mail-away Bossks - complete with white mailer. LOL. Good memories! Still have all my original Kenner figures...including Bossk!

That’s a great story and a nice memory. Thank you for sharing. Funny when things like that happen; my spouse and I got each other the exact same Star Wars Christmas card a few years ago.

Unfortunately just because a figure came out well the first time doesn’t mean a reissue will turn out well.

I love my V2 SSC Bossk but it’s definitely a step down in overall material quality to the V1.

Likewise V2 IG-88 was such a huge letdown with various QC issues that I returned it immediately and have kept the V1.

The later batches of the Mythos Obi-Wan had inferior parts like worse paint and bad arms.

That’s a great story and a nice memory. Thank you for sharing. Funny when things like that happen; my spouse and I got each other the exact same Star Wars Christmas card a few years ago.

great minds think alike! Sounds like the perfect spousal situation to me....

The responses from those who have experienced Sideshow Version 2s recently have my concerns for the Clone Wars Anakin and Obi. Which I ordered day 1, my first 1/6 Sideshow order(they finally got me). I skipped the last round of bounty hunters while they were coming out, I do slightly regret it, but only slightly.

The responses from those who have experienced Sideshow Version 2s recently have my concerns for the Clone Wars Anakin and Obi. Which I ordered day 1, my first 1/6 Sideshow order(they finally got me). I skipped the last round of bounty hunters while they were coming out, I do slightly regret it, but only slightly.
I understand being excited about it because it’s a cool idea in theory, but it remains to be seen if they can actually deliver a solid figure.

Who knows. They might turn out okay, though most likely with floppy bodies to some degree. If they’re bad figures, then you can return them for a refund. I wouldn’t worry about it. The only thing you’ll be out if it’s a failed release is time.

I think with any Sideshow figure, it’s best to wait for in-hand impressions and reviews before ordering. They won’t sell out quickly.

Unless I'm mistaken, the shot in ESB was missing one or so each leg - and I found it helps pull the pants down more.....

Talibane's Bossk looks awesome, and no fat suit from what I can see. Is that the original body or HT? Looks good proportionately!!

Funny story about Bossk and I no one asked for (but about to hit a milestone and feeling nostalgic): I was 8 or so when ESB and from what I recall, Bossk was a mail-away fig before he was offered carded. No sure. But all my friends and I were into SW figures and all had mailed away for a couple Bossk figures. Decided to give one as a Secret Santa thing at school. Of course my buddy and I into Bossk got each other. So we exchanged mail-away Bossks - complete with white mailer. LOL. Good memories! Still have all my original Kenner figures...including Bossk! Still one of the most badass characters - even if he stole his costume from Doctor WHO! LOL

They did, but made him super green - but the new head was killer.

View attachment 538462
Yeah I had the V1 but I sold it and bought this one. The sculpt was much more film accurate, though the jumpsuit colour looked a bit too saturated. Happy to have him though, I think he’s a great looking figure.
Relating to your post about vintage Kenner Bossk, this character is close to my heart, as he was the first ESB figure I ever got back in ‘80. Unless Hot Toys end up doing one and assuming it’s better than the SS, this is one I’d probably never sell.

Back